Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

This team would be a lot better if Thompson signed free agents as well as he drafts players in the second round.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Agreed.

"porky88" wrote:

Wait hasn't he?

Draft second round of impact to date.. Jennings and Collins.

Fa.. Woodson, Pickett and Chillar..

Next.

Don't give me Colledge either.. he is a wash for Chillar.. lol. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
15 years ago
i remember seeing his name brought up but i can't find the thread so i'll post it here.

Raiders | Barnes agrees to one-year deal
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:22:09 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders signed free-agent OLT Khalif Barnes (Jaguars) to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed. He will be given an opportunity to compete for a starting job at left tackle.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

i remember seeing his name brought up but i can't find the thread so i'll post it here.

Raiders | Barnes agrees to one-year deal
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:22:09 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders signed free-agent OLT Khalif Barnes (Jaguars) to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed. He will be given an opportunity to compete for a starting job at left tackle.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hey Dave:

Why don't you hop in your car and head over here to Harrisburg. I'll be at Gilligan's (Not the Eisenhower Ave. one, the other one ) shooting pool. Zero and the rest of you guys got me so pissed off about Aaron Rodgers that I now have to go out and get a load on. (Not really that pissed about it, but any excuse helps :thumbleft: )

It's about time I got to wax poetic and philosophical on the whole Green Bay Packer thing, and you are the designated scapegoat, as you are qualified not only due to your contrarian opinions herein, but your vast experience when dealing with the Steeler fan butt-wipes.

You have to be 21, though .... LOL LOL LOL
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
lol how did I piss ya off about Aaron Rodgers?
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
The only thing I can add to Porky's excellent post is that I really thought Thompson would adjust this year and bring in some help via FA.

And yes, I know he still could - Woodson was a late signing the year we got him, and some good players will undoubtedly still hit the market as this maddeningly long off-season meanders on its way.

If he doesn't, though, I'll be both disappointed and concerned. Like Porky, I believe that you build up a base for your team with the draft, but once you've got that solid base you need to acquire some proven, quality players to push your program over the top. The Pats and the Steelers are two teams that do both things well, and it shows in their consistency over time.

As for my opinion on Thompson or any GM, I take it year by year, situation by situation. The fact that I agreed with the outcome of the Favre situation doesn't make me any sort of blind supporter - I thought he crapped the bed from a PR perspective and was vocal about that as well. That was then, this is now, and now I'm concerned that he may really have a problem with bringing in FA help - that would not be good, IMO.

None of this means that I'm impatient (I'll allow Porky to speak for himself). The topic is FA, and I've got opinions on the topic, same as anyone else.
blank
packer98
15 years ago
After going 6-12 with this same team and implementing the 3-4, I would've thought we shown SOME interest in the FA market. From what I've read Ted Thompson has shown slight interest in the FA market. I'm not saying FA is the solution, but after going 6-12 you would think that a good GM and coach would want the players thinking that some of their jobs were in jeopardy after a disappointing year. Hell, how we do that with no one new?? LOL
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I would have thought we'd have shown more activity in FA, but then thinking more about it. It'd be foolish to be cutting guys on your team that you already have in house before seeing them in action in the new scheme.

And our offense is fairly well set already. Well, not including the OL.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (11h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (12h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (13h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (16h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (18h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (18h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (18h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (18h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (18h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (18h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (19h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (19h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (19h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.