Packers_Finland
15 years ago

Here you go im so sick of this stuff.

Jennings had 1292 yds and 9 tds, Welker had 1165 yds and 3 tds.

Driver had 1012 yds and 5 tds and Moss had 1008 yds and 11 tds.

So our totals are:

Green Bay 2314 yards and 14 tds

Patriots 2173 yards and 14 tds

So who is the better of the group looks pretty even to me .

Time to get off the excuse train and look at the facts which were found on nfl.com .

Like i said i would be happy with any of the 3. Oh and aboout that great line just think Rodgers was sacked 34 times which is alot right? Well how do you think Cassell felt sitting behind that great line seeing he was sacked a league high of 47 times. Research my son helps you prove some points.

"dhazer" wrote:

If you're looking only at numbers, then you can't deny Rodgers was WAY better than Cassel (if you look at the stats Rodgers and Cassel had). But who's a better QB is not looked at from the numbers. Like said earlier, Cassel also had much better blocking, and a more consistent running game, even though who the runner was changed a lot during the season.

Also, on Moss and Welker. Brady's best season had him getting 28 TDs and 14 INTs in a year. Along comes Moss and Welker. Brady gets 50 TDs and 8 INTs. I would say Moss and Welker are pretty f-ing awesome.
This is a placeholder
dfosterf
15 years ago
Last year many posters on various Packer forums carried on a debate as to whether Brian Brohm would be better than Aaron Rodgers. Anyone remember that one?

How fortunate we are to be having this debate instead.
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

The way he played last year didnt look like luck to me. He seemed to have a good understanding of what was going on, its not like he was out there in a system were all he had to do was drop back and look for Wes Welker and Randy Moss like Cassel was, he made reads, he made plays with his feet and showed he's a very capable and quality starting QB with superstar potential.

I like Cutler, I'd take him over Cassel in a heartbeat, but Rodgers (this coming from me an avid Anti Rodgers advocate for his first 2 years on the team) is >>>>>>>>> than both.

"dhazer" wrote:

Why is it everyone seems to say the same exact thing? Cassell is crap he had Moss and Welker well last time i checked we had Driver and Jennings so now all of a sudden our guys aren't that great or is it they aren't that great when it comes to trying to make Rodgers look better? Way it stands right now i would say it was a 3 way toss up. Cutler could come in here and throw up huge numbers or goto NE and do the same thing or he could bomb. I don't think you could say that about Rodgers and Cassell because they had far better wrs than Cutler had. But hell i would take any of the 3 right now sure is better than being stuck with Orton lol. Downfalls for each Cassell now has crap for weapons, Cutler is stuck with the same garbage and Rodgers still has to prove he can be the man when it counts. Bring this back up when Rodgers and Cassell have started for a few years and ill give you a specific answer.

"FloridaPacker88" wrote:

What thesaurus do you use? Somebody saying they would prefer 1 player over the other does not automatically equate to the other player being crap. That was your interpretation.

Myself, I like Rodgers and wouldn't trade him for anybody at this point.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
15 years ago
I wonder how Cutler or Cassell would have handled the shoulder injury Rodgers played through?

To be honest I really haven't watched Cassell play, so I can't even comment, but Cutler reminds me a lot of Favre. He has the cannon arm, and the arrogance/confidence in that arm to force it in tight situations. Let's see what Cassell can do in KC.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Twins, i got the people calling him crap was from another thread on here from comments like he is a below average qb and he is just that good because like people say on here because he had such awesome wrs. One of those same wrs that people say they didn't want in GB because he isn't that good. But like i stated above i would be happy with any of the 3 qbs sure beats a Orton hears a Boo in Chicago, and poor jackson up in the great dome of terror.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
I wonder how good Aaron Rodgers would be if our offensive line was capable of creating holes for our running backs to get through.

I see very little respect from opposing team's defenses with regard to our running game.

The possibility exists that Aaron Rodgers held the ball "too long" because no one was open. I distinctly recall that critique...here...during games... and thinking to myself, "Well, no shit Sherlock, I guess you would prefer an INT?"

The same people that like to assign blame to Rodgers are the same ones that bitch about Grant.

Wrong on both counts. Fix the friggin' line.

imo :thumbleft:
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

And we had a better defense than the Patriots as well as less competitive schedule to compete against.

Cassel > Cutler > Rodgers. Definitely.

I believe Cutler and Cassel are both heads an shoulders better than Rodgers when it comes to the red zone.

"DGB454" wrote:

Sarcasm from Zero....

NE had one of the easiest schedules last season if not the easiest.

GB had one of the toughest.

Rodgers>Cutler>Cassel.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Thanks for noticing it was only sarcasm on my post :)
wils0646, excellent post, and I was only being sarcastic. Again, awesome post! Helluva nice research there.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

And we had a better defense than the Patriots as well as less competitive schedule to compete against.

Cassel > Cutler > Rodgers. Definitely.

I believe Cutler and Cassel are both heads an shoulders better than Rodgers when it comes to the red zone.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Sarcasm from Zero....

NE had one of the easiest schedules last season if not the easiest.

GB had one of the toughest.

Rodgers>Cutler>Cassel.

"DGB454" wrote:

Thanks for noticing it was only sarcasm on my post :)
wils0646, excellent post, and I was only being sarcastic. Again, awesome post! Helluva nice research there.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You know, my sarcasm meter did go off a bit, but I wanted to research it a bit, so what the hell :icon_smile: .
The Pack Will Be Back.
Rockmolder
15 years ago

I wonder how good Aaron Rodgers would be if our offensive line was capable of creating holes for our running backs to get through.

I see very little respect from opposing team's defenses with regard to our running game.

The possibility exists that Aaron Rodgers held the ball "too long" because no one was open. I distinctly recall that critique...here...during games... and thinking to myself, "Well, no shit Sherlock, I guess you would prefer an INT?"

The same people that like to assign blame to Rodgers are the same ones that bitch about Grant.

Wrong on both counts. Fix the friggin' line.

imo :thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

That's a very good one. I mean, he was running for his life all game long, but when there are DEs running around our OTs, there's nowhere to go and people tend to forget about intentional grounding from time to time.

He really had no choice alot of the time.
dhazer
15 years ago
Wonders why it is when i research stats i don't get no compliments but yet when someone else digs up something that agrees with you he gets a thumbs up. But cmon if the Pats have the unstoppable Moss why isn't there TD ratio up more? But you want to dig into more stats do some research on the final 5 minutes of a game stat for all 3 and you will see Rodgers is on the bottom of the list. Most of all look at the biggest stat of all look at the wins and losses stat. I guess i just don't understand how you can claim rodgers is so great for a 1st year starter but then turn around and say Cassel is definitely way down on the list for me. I guess i just don't get it. Sorry!

Interesting stat here Cassel threw for 345 fewer yards and 7 fewer tds and 2 less INTS, i guess that fits your claim but hey i mean hell Cassel got to throw the ball a whopping 8 times in the last game because of 50 mph winds so if he got to have decent weather he probably throws for 300 yards and all of a sudden the yardage is about the same. Do you realize Rodgers only threw for over 300 yards 4 times this year? Cassel had 2 games of 400 yards and one other 300 yards game. The more you look and the more you see they are pretty even when it comes to stats. But i guess your right he should be way down your list.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage