jbshell04
15 years ago
1. Lions) Bj Raji DT Look for the lions to take a tackle after the loss of Redding poor line production has been a problem and Jim Swartz will look for a Haynesworth Type to fill the void.
2. Rams) Jason Smith/Eugene Monroe OL After cutting Pace look for Rams to solidify a bad line with a surefire OL
3. Chiefs) Aaron Curry LB the Chiefs were dead last in sacks last year and are switching to a 3-4 Needing increased backside production to stay competitive.
4. Seattle) Eric Maybin While Hasselbeck is aging This isnt the year to reach on a QB Look for that in a later round Defense is needed and after trading aging LB Peterson look for the safe pick here.
5. Cleveland) Malcom Jenkins DB The mangenius will decide to steer this team with a DB while Jenkins didnt light it up with his 40 times Mangini employs a heavy zone 3-4 where straight line speed is not the rule. Local Ohio kid wont hurt either.
6. Cinncinatti) Jason Smith/Eugene Monroe OL While the bungles have had defensive issues the ability to keep Palmer upright is more pressing at this time.
7. Oakland) Michael Crabtree WR Al Davis cannot avoid sexy picks no matter what he does. Crabtrees possibilities will outweigh the Raiders needs at this point.
8. Jacksonville) Matt Stafford QB A local ie Georgia guy will likely be a draw for the Jags. Revenue is dwindling and the ownership needs a spark before the ride west to LA
9. THE GREEN BAY PACKERS RS Brian Orackpo DE/OLB New 3-4 Scheme is a bear on this pick Green Bay needs a capable run stopper and someone who can flash quickly. Orakpo is probaly the best suited in this role. Green Bay spent alot of time investigating him in the combine and came away positive.
I am therefor I think.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I think you mean Aaron Maybin not Eric haha. And I don't see him going to Seattle at #4.
UserPostedImage
toronto_cheesehead
15 years ago
Maybin is hardly a safe pick. Plus, he'd be DE in Seattle, not a OLB.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
Yeah there's now way they'd pick Maybin over Orakpo.
UserPostedImage
toronto_cheesehead
15 years ago
Well I might as well post my top 9 too.

1) Detroit Lions: OT Jason Smith - Baylor

I don't see any point in the Lions drafting a QB, unless they can keep him upright. If not, Matthew Stafford will have the same amount of success as Joey Harrington. I think the new coaching staff believes this too, and will focus on building the team from the inside out. While many will argue that Eugene Monroe is the best tackle in the draft, Smith brings a mean streak to the table that Jim Schwartz will love. The former tight end is fleet footed and should be able to pass protect at the next level, while bringing the strength and nastiness needed to be a dominant run blocker.

2) St. Louis Rams: OT Eugene Monroe - Virginia

The Rams would've jumped at the chance to draft Jake Long last year, and now with Orlando Pace out of the picture, have an even larger need at offensive tackle. Monroe was good enough to keep Branden Albert at guard last season, and should developing into a top pass protector in the pros.

3) Kansas City Chiefs: LB Aaron Curry - Wake Forest

Might be the best player in the draft. The Chiefs have already addressed their QB needs with Matt Cassell, and misses out on the top premier tackles in the draft. However, their consolation prize of Curry should be the building block of the Chief defense for many years. He's position and scheme versatile, which should give the new coaching staff some flexibility.

4) Seattle Seahawks: DE Brian Orakpo - Texas

I'm sure they were hoping for Aaron Curry to be here when they traded Julian Peterson to the Lions, but Detroit not selecting a QB first overall will certainly mess up the Seahawks' board. While B.J. Raji is a strong possibility here, the team just traded for Cory Redding and signed Colin Cole. With the interior line addressed in free agency, getting a pass rusher to lineup opposite Patrick Kerney would make sense here. Orakpo was a solid performer at Texas, and will give Seattle a honest effort against the run and pass.

5) Cleveland Browns: OLB Everette Brown - FSU

This might be a reach here, but with Orakpo gone, Brown is the next best conversion guy on the board. Kamerion Wimbley just hasn't gotten the job done. They need a guy who can come in and play from day one, and Brown could legitimately be a 10+ sack guy next year. It will be a hotly debated pick, but I believe the production from Brown will justify this top five selection.

6) Cincinnati Bengals: OT Andre Smith - Alabama

The flap at the combine likely cost Smith a top three selection, and his body condition at his pro-day will keep him from being a top 5 pick. Still, he was a dominating player in the SEC and should be able to play well at the next level. Good tackles are hard to find, and Smith will provide an instant upgrade over any OT on the Bengals' roster. The question with Smith is whether or not he can handle playing left tackle in the pros. With his massive size, he might not have the lateral quickness to handle NFL edge rushers, but his dominant run blocking ability should help him become a great RT down the road.

7) Oakland Raiders: WR Jeremy Maclin - Missouri

Speed, speed, and more speed. Al Davis loves guys like this, and I'm sure he's dreaming of Maclin streaking down the sidelines with JaMarcus Russell launching 50-60 yard bombs down the field. I think Michael Crabtree is a better all-round player, but he wasn't able to workout. Plus, he might not be the vertical threat that the Raiders typically look for in their wide receivers.

8) Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Michael Crabtree - Texas Tech

The Jags have needed an elite wide receiving talent for years, and this is the year that they'll finally be able to address that. Maybe he didn't workout, but it's not like Crabtree tore his ACL or MCL. He was a stud in Lubbock and he'll continue to be a stud in the NFL. He's a great route runner, has sure hands, not afraid of traffic, and will get yards after the catch. The injury to Crabtree is the best thing to ever happen to Jacksonville.

9) Green Bay Packers: DT B.J. Raji - Boston College

The Packers could go any number of directions with this pick. The OTs are old, the defensive line was bad last year, and the linebackers underachieved. With Dom Capers and his 3-4 scheme coming in, I think Raji would make the most sense. The scheme won't work without a capable NT, and Ryan Pickett is near the end, so fortifying the positiong with some youth would make a lot of sense. Going for a player like Aaron Maybin might happen, but I feel the Packers think players like Jeremy Thompson or Jason Hunter could emerge to bookend Aaron Kampman.

Rest of my draft 
blank
Dulak
15 years ago
toronto cheese,

you dont even have stafford in your list. Thats possible thou and would be quite interesting.
Rockmolder
15 years ago
That's a very interesting chain reaction. I don't know if Seattle will go with a DE though. They do need some help there, but Hasselback is getting up there in age and Stafford is a player of great value. Especially if you let him sit and learn for a year or two. A receiver like Crabtree would be a possibility aswell.

If that's the case, I think the Browns will go for Orakpo and Brown will fall past all those teams. Maybe getting picked at 9 by the Pack. Although I would like Raji at 9 very much.
toronto_cheesehead
15 years ago

toronto cheese,

you dont even have stafford in your list. Thats possible thou and would be quite interesting.

"Dulak" wrote:

I still have him top 10, going to SF.
blank
toronto_cheesehead
15 years ago

That's a very interesting chain reaction. I don't know if Seattle will go with a DE though. They do need some help there, but Hasselback is getting up there in age and Stafford is a player of great value. Especially if you let him sit and learn for a year or two. A receiver like Crabtree would be a possibility aswell.

If that's the case, I think the Browns will go for Orakpo and Brown will fall past all those teams. Maybe getting picked at 9 by the Pack. Although I would like Raji at 9 very much.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I agree that Stafford is very much in play if he gets to Seattle. I just don't know if they'd be willing to pay that kind of money to a player who will sit and watch for two years.

I would like to see it happen. I'm a big Stafford fan, and I think Seattle would be a good situation for him.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.