Rockmolder
15 years ago

Wasn't Gholston a rookie last season?

Even Mario Williams wasn't that great of as a rookie, and he's turned into a pretty damn good DE for Houston.

"RainX" wrote:

Same goes for Chris Long this year, but that's still alot better than Gholston. He has barely made a tackle or created any pressure. He had 0.0 sacks last season.

I do think that Orakpo fits his mold. That's what scares me about him. Everette Brown might be the safer pick. He has been a bit less exciting at times, but alot more constistent. Orakpo had alot of up and down games.

Makes you think though, there hasn't been a pass rusher who has made an inmediate impact for quite a while, I think. So if we do draft an OLB/DE prospect, he will most likely struggle for at least a year. Especially in coverage and maybe run stopping.
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
I remember laughing at the Texans taking Mario with the #1 pick, but now you look and he was probably the best pick that year. He had a decent rookie season and now he is quietly becoming a stud.

Hopefully we can find a guy like that.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

I remember laughing at the Texans taking Mario with the #1 pick, but now you look and he was probably the best pick that year. He had a decent rookie season and now he is quietly becoming a stud.

"dhazer" wrote:

I wasn't laughing at the Texans, I was laughing at Reggie Bush. I've said it since the first time I heard someone say he was the next Barry Sanders. Reggie Bush is NOT a HoF running back. I watched some clips of the guy and he can't run between tackles all that much. That was left for LenDale White.

I had hoped the Packers were going to get Mario, but I didn't think he'd fall to us and I didn't have any real insight as to why. I just didn't want us to get Reggie Bush more than anything. Bush is a helluva threat, but he's not damn Barry Sanders!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
  • dhazer
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I wasn't laughing at the Texans, I was laughing at Reggie Bush. I've said it since the first time I heard someone say he was the next Barry Sanders. Reggie Bush is NOT a HoF running back. I watched some clips of the guy and he can't run between tackles all that much. That was left for LenDale White.

I had hoped the Packers were going to get Mario, but I didn't think he'd fall to us and I didn't have any real insight as to why. I just didn't want us to get Reggie Bush more than anything. Bush is a helluva threat, but he's not damn Barry Sanders!

"dhazer" wrote:

I was saying that also about Bush, he is not a full time back. He is a slash player and yes flashy but not that everydown player.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

I was saying that also about Bush, he is not a full time back. He is a slash player and yes flashy but not that everydown player.

"dhazer" wrote:

Yep. If I had a full time RB, I'd be cool with him on our team. Like now we have Grant so I wouldn't mind having Bush. He's one of those change of pace, break your back type players. He just can not pound it through. He's a 200 a year touch guy, not 400 like a RB needs to be.

I wish I could sit here and say I wanted Mario with the Packers because I thought he'd be stellar. I didn't though. I just thought we needed a DE more than a slash type RB, OT or LB at that time.

BUT I was right about Bush dammit! lol
UserPostedImage
dhazer
  • dhazer
15 years ago
Packers | Kuhn likely to return
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:35:53 -0700

Rob Demovsky, of Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports restricted free-agent FB John Kuhn (Packers) probably will return to the Green Bay Packers, according to his agent Kevin Gold. Gold said he does not expect any teams to sign Kuhn to an offer sheet.

Well i like him so i'm happy about it but then if you look at it another way it means we are going to sign a guy noone wants.

Another thing i'm noticing is all these teams are visiting with prospects and the Packers haven't done anything like that yet.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

Another thing i'm noticing is all these teams are visiting with prospects and the Packers haven't done anything like that yet.

"dhazer" wrote:

Ted Thompson doesn't like showing his hand. AJ Hawk had no idea he was going to be drafted by the Packers because of this reason.

Maybe they already have enough information on them? I know that Ted Thompson recently visited Texas's workout eying Orakpo. So he's not really hiding the fact that he was there.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/25/lb-orakpo-does-not-disappoint-at-texas-pro-day/ 

Thompson would never tip his hand, but I think that Green Bay would probably be interested in someone like him for their new scheme, Brandt wrote. I know Thompson was impressed with Orakpo and expressed surprise at how big his upper body is.

The Pack Will Be Back.
Mortfini
15 years ago
i doubt Orakpo will be on the board by the time were on the clock(browns or seahawks) i also think you guys r overlooking other choices (b.j) also i think cos theres a lot of 3-4 sized players our 2 round can be just as much use we could get Brace, hood , Connor Barwin Clint Sintim, Cody Brown, Fili Moala or my fav Paul "freddy" kruger
UserPostedImage
15 years ago

Packers | Kuhn likely to return
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:35:53 -0700

Rob Demovsky, of Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports restricted free-agent FB John Kuhn (Packers) probably will return to the Green Bay Packers, according to his agent Kevin Gold. Gold said he does not expect any teams to sign Kuhn to an offer sheet.

"dhazer" wrote:

That's good news, I'm a pretty big fan of Kuhn. I liked both our FB's last year, actually.
UserPostedImage
TOPackerFan
15 years ago

Makes you think though, there hasn't been a pass rusher who has made an inmediate impact for quite a while, I think. So if we do draft an OLB/DE prospect, he will most likely struggle for at least a year. Especially in coverage and maybe run stopping.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

What about Shawne Merriman? He made a huge impact from day one.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince