warhawk
15 years ago

Last year WAS Finley's rookie season, I believe.

"digsthepack" wrote:

Your right. I got a little ahead of myself there. He is the youngest player on the team and the only one born in '87. He was looked at as a future star type and with what we have had at TE it was a good pick.

He's a heck of an athlete. I think he's going to be a good football player.
"The train is leaving the station."
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Harrell has showed what he can do when healthy....and as brief as it was, very impressive. He needs to stay healthy, and if he does so, will be a difference maker.

"digsthepack" wrote:

I think the Vegas odds for Harrell playing 16 games is even bigger than the Lions winning the SB.

As for sleepers - I got 2 - James Jones and Brandon Jackson. Jackson needs more carries. Jones will get his due.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
beast
15 years ago
I think Sitton is a sleeper but not at RT..... he gave up a lot of sacks and pressure for playing very little and at RG. I don't want to see him at RT yet.... but I do think Colledge, Spitz and Sitton will be the starting LG, C and RG.

I'm looking for Hunter or Thompson to step up if Poppinga doesn't at OLB.

Hunter has GREAT skills but he's not willing or knowing how to play physical and I think the new OLB can really help him out with that. And the Packers did try Hunter at OLB in the 4-3 so he knows some LB stuff. Thompson was used in many many different role in college..... in college he's main role was to stop the other teams best weapon (other than WR). He played 2 gap, 1 gap and even bump and run coverage with TEs so he does some about it too.

Also the Packers need the OL or a TE to step up to take it to the next level on offense.... and with both OT positions in question it there might be trouble coming. And they might need both too.... with Colledge, Spitz, Sitton and Finley the talent is there.... it's just will they step it up or not.... and the OT are a big question though still

I also saw a ton of raw skill from CB Lee and he looked like the best kick return guy on the team (not punt but kick) because Blackmon dances to much of kick offs (but does very very well on Punts) and Lee just seem to have more turn than Nelson did. And Lee saw a lot of talent which I think he could give Blackmon a run for his money as the 4th CB.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I was on the Wynn bandwagon his first year and coming into his second. I'm not getting burned again. He has talent like no other on the Packers at the RB position. Wynn simply will not get the carries though. Grant will have a better this year and Jackson will be used more efficiently as well. That means, less of Wynn.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say Justin Harrell will perform big. I think Aaron Rodgers will do great even though its not expected (that's for dhazer!).

I also see Tramon Williams taking over for Al Harris before the season is over. Either due to injury or by the simple fact that Tramon is a damn play maker and you can't afford to not have him on the field.

Will Blackmon and James Jones I think will outshine most if not all expectations this. I think James's totals will come close to Drivers this season.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
btw, excellent topic!
UserPostedImage
FloridaPacker88
15 years ago
My buddy played Ball with Josh at UCF (he's still there now and might start this year), so I'm definitely rooting for Sitton to pull out a starting job, be it guard or tackle.

As for my sleeper, I'm gonna go with Jermichael Finley, He's got all the speed and athleticism to be a play maker, hopefully an offseason in the weight room, and with the playbook helps him to emerge into what he was at texas.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
I just watched the NFL Replay of Vikings at Packers Week 1. I don't know if I can call him underrated, but I'll say that Cullen Jenkins is one of the key players on our roster and his role in 2009 may be underrated. I saw at least 6 hurries, when he wasn't getting double teamed, and even when he was he held the point pretty well. He got more pressure on the QB than anyone else in that game.
UserPostedImage
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Johnny Jolly, Jordy Nelson-I don't know if he counts for us Pack fans, but around the league he is underrated- and Brandon Chillar.
Dulak
15 years ago
Really like this topic - IMO we have so many players that we havnt even used yet that might fit in perfectly. Some for the NT or DE and the Oline positions like we talked about. Even for out much needed right sided OLB.

... but to get back to the topic.

First off the sleeper is our whole D - even thou we will only be playing 3-4 50%~ of the time; our D is going to skyrocket compared to last year.
Under dom capers and using the right people for the right job its going to kick some (I'm predicting in the top 12 most of the season).

Jackson has a star year (at least 2x as many carries), jennings continues to shine, I'm not dead set on finley yet(ie he might take another year to mature); Lee does fairly well thou.
And arod continues to grow with the team.
-oh I almost forgot; one of my new favorites on the team is chillar; he will get alot more playing time and do really well in coverage-

off topic - Do we still have tony humphrey? Even thou hes small for a TE - I was always imrpessed by his ability to catch balls and make plays.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I just watched the NFL Replay of Vikings at Packers Week 1. I don't know if I can call him underrated, but I'll say that Cullen Jenkins is one of the key players on our roster and his role in 2009 may be underrated. I saw at least 6 hurries, when he wasn't getting double teamed, and even when he was he held the point pretty well. He got more pressure on the QB than anyone else in that game.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Went Jenkins went down is when we all realized how important he was. That's when our D went to ****.

I'm just hoping he's 100% in '09 and stays healthy the entire season.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (12h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (12h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (13h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.