Rockmolder
15 years ago

Mike McCarthy's "play not to lose" attitude cost The Packers more than the breaks going one way or the other.

Everyone is saying Aaron Rodgers is our franchise QB, only if Mike McCarthy let's him.

Aaron Rodgers...2009...5000+passing yds,35 td's,15int's.

Packers go 10-6 and win The North!!!

Mark it down, with the recent qb changes in the North, Mike McCarthy is going to have to let Aaron Rodgers be the qb we all know he can be!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Wouldn't that be something. DD 1200 Yards, Gregorius 1500 Yards, Finley 600 Yards, Nelson 600 Yards and Jones 600 Yards and some for Lee, Jackson etc.

But seriously, I agree with you on the playing it safe part. I asume McCarthy was trying to somewhat protect his first year QB or so, but he was one of the best in the red-zone and, combined with some YAC from Jordy, DD and GJ, got us 1st downs. Yet, everytime we tried for a -2 yard run, 4 yard run, 2 yard screen to Jackson. Quite frustrating.
dhazer
15 years ago

Mike McCarthy's "play not to lose" attitude cost The Packers more than the breaks going one way or the other.

Everyone is saying Aaron Rodgers is our franchise QB, only if Mike McCarthy let's him.

Mark it down, with the recent qb changes in the North, Mike McCarthy is going to have to let Aaron Rodgers be the qb we all know he can be!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

You had to have been out partying with Raji to say something like that.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be πŸ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

LOL. I agree :icon_smile:
The Pack Will Be Back.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Had McCarthy not been so conservative in the red zone, we wouldn't have been in a position the have to make game winning field goals. Just sayin..

"IronMan" wrote:

+1.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

Let me try and explain this. I have been saying for more than a year now"the playmakers on this Packer team are the Wide Receivers".
The running game at best is average.
The Packers want to win, they need to put their playmakers on the field, let Aaron Rodgers do his thing, and I will bet that the running game will all of a sudden become more lethal.
Most team try to set up the pass with the run, as of right now, The Packers are better off setting up the run with the pass, not to mention Aaron Rodgers is still agile enough to scramble and get some rushing yards.
Mike McCarthy sooner or later is going to have to let Aaron Rodgers BE THE FRANCHISE QB everyone wants him to be. Playing it safe in close games, with a questionalble defense, didn't get it done in 2008, why would anyone expect it to work in 2009?

The Packers have the talent on offense to outscore most NFL teams, until Capers gets the defense re-organized, let Aaron Rodgers put up the numbers that he is capable of, and don't back off once you have a lead.

I am saying for The Packers to go 10-6 or better, Mike McCarthy is going to have to change his "play not to lose philosphy".

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
15 years ago
Ok i can't believe this but i'm going to defend Mike McCarthy on this one. Everyone is saying Mike McCarthy is being conservative; but i know it was posted somewhere that Mike McCarthy has said Rodgers goes up to the line with a run/ pass option so is it really all on MM?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be πŸ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Ok i can't believe this but i'm going to defend Mike McCarthy on this one. Everyone is saying Mike McCarthy is being conservative; but i know it was posted somewhere that Mike McCarthy has said Rodgers goes up to the line with a run/ pass option so is it really all on Mike McCarthy?

"dhazer" wrote:

Is it on every play? Or is this just another way for you to try and slam Aaron Rodgers?
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

Ok i can't believe this but i'm going to defend Mike McCarthy on this one. Everyone is saying Mike McCarthy is being conservative; but i know it was posted somewhere that Mike McCarthy has said Rodgers goes up to the line with a run/ pass option so is it really all on Mike McCarthy?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Is it on every play? Or is this just another way for you to try and slam Aaron Rodgers?

"dhazer" wrote:

I'm just bringing up a point that someone had quoted on this site, that Rodgers has a run/pass option because i remember making a comment against Mike McCarthy saying that he was throwing his qb under the bus at the time. I would defend Rodgers before Mike McCarthy you should know that by now.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm just bringing up a point that someone had quoted on this site, that Rodgers has a run/pass option because i remember making a comment against Mike McCarthy saying that he was throwing his qb under the bus at the time. I would defend Rodgers before Mike McCarthy you should know that by now.

"dhazer" wrote:

I don't think every play has a run/pass option that is as easy to switch to as you are thinking. What if the defense shifts formation with 3 on the play clock? You can't switch it up that fast.

We'll say he can go Pass or Run on every play. How feasible is that? Defense's often times don't show their tell until the later seconds. Now if you are going to throw Rodgers under the bus because coach called a run and he didn't automatically go pass, that's wrong. He'd be labeled uncoachable then. Rodgers is NO Peyton Mannning, he shouldn't be calling his plays at the line. Favre yes, Rodgers, no.

The shitty play calling is on McCarthy, period.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Zero i don't recall all the facts but i remember it was after one of the late game losses when someone asked Mike McCarthy if he called the plays at the end and he said that Aaron Rodgers has the run/pass option when he gets to the line. I wasn't throwing Rodgers under the bus i was standing up for him and said Mike McCarthy was throwing him under to protect his ass. If i get time later ill search the forums and see if i can find the thread.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (3h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (19h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (19h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : β€œWe’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#Γ—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.