DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Okay I would still take this guy. I am going to say something very immature here, but that is okay, seeing as though I don't have kids and am only 24.

It is only weed! Cut the man some slack. The world's best swimmer also loves the grass.

... yeah umm that is why I am not a GM of a pro football team 😉
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
longtimefan
14 years ago

Okay I would still take this guy. I am going to say something very immature here, but that is okay, seeing as though I don't have kids and am only 24.

It is only weed! Cut the man some slack. The world's best swimmer also loves the grass.

... yeah umm that is why I am not a GM of a pro football team ;)

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Why is it so hard for people to get this

he smoked pot ( if that was the drug) before the biggest test of his life. it could have been pain pills, or alcohol it doesnt matter

Stay clean to show teams you care about how you are treating this day they are giving you, you already failed that test once be smart and dont fuck it up 2 times

it was stupid, immature, selfish and shows me he doesnt give a shit about testing, he thinks he is better then anyone else..

that is if it is piot..

Now if it steriods, well he is even more of an idiot
14 years ago
That.... or next year half of the 1st round prospects are going to test positive for marijuana. :lol: Then it becomes less of an issue.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
Maybe this will make it more clear?

clear enough? 

Its not the fact that he smokes weed. Its that he did it while in preparation for a very important day in his life, one in which he knew he would be tested. Its a dumb move in which he may pay for financially.

I have absolutely nothing wrong with smoking weed. I dont care if he does it even - its the fact that he did it at this point in time. Just kinda dumb if you ask me.

DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Yeah its very dumb, but then again, NFL players do dumb things all the time. Packers weren't going to take Raji I don't think anyway, so this doesn't make a difference for us. I heard Raji the other day on the radio sounding a little less than enthused at the idea of being a nose tackle in the NFL. Oh well...
14 years ago
Really? His combine interview he said he would be happy to play NT for the Packers. Of course, he could have been baked out of his gourd at the time but... :lol:
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Uhh yeah on the combine you do anything for that check...on the radio... the truth comes out 😉 hehe
porky88
14 years ago

I want a player that is going to use his effing brain before the biggest test of his life..

You dont care if he doesnt use his brain as long as he can tackle and beat up a center

:thumbleft: who cares how much common sense he has :thumbright:

"pack93z" wrote:

That's pretty much it. If he can do his job on Sunday's and mature and I would probably make that decision after I talked to him, then yeah that's what it comes down too.

Remember, Randy Moss was passed on for several teams because of his stupid mistakes. The guy was a lock from the start to make big money in the pros and all he did was mess around. Tennessee took Kevin Dyson instead of him and Dallas passed on him as did the Packers. Worked out well for Minneosta. Two NFC Title Game appearances.

"porky88" wrote:

A couple two word analogy's..

Cletidus Hunt

Joe Johnson

Ricky Williams

No Thanks.

A two time positive test guy.. it isn't one mistake, a series of mistakes.. you can state all the play or potential you want, if the guy is a smoker before he has the money, most times he will be a smoker post riches.

Moss was using the entire time he was in MN, he just had enough money to skirt the program. IMO.

BTW... I don't think he fits Ted's Packer People mantra. :pottytrain2:

"longtimefan" wrote:

You can throw examples out for just about every single scenario there is in the NFL. Russel Maryland was a bust, Warren Sapp was pretty good and people passed on him because they didn't like his attitude.

It isn't about what some other player did in the past. It's about B.J. Raji. If he can't help the team, then he's not worth taking. If he can and I think he can, he's worth taking.

Of course it depends on what's on the board, but I'm not taking Raji off the board because GB could move down and if he's there at No. 21, he's awful tempting.

Would I take him at No. 9? Yeah, but it depends on what's all out there.

For the record, the last I checked, Ricky Williams was a damn good back in the NFL for several years. He admitted to cheating the program on several occasions as well.

Players are cheating right now too. Johnny Jolly probably isn't "Packer People" either, but he's on the team. My point is you can't take a guy and toss him off the board because of this report. GB needs to talk to him and then come to a conclusion.
longtimefan
14 years ago
At some point in time GM and teams have to say FUCK YOU to players that do not care

Players now have this in their heads...

A TEAM will still draft me, or still sign me
PackerTraxx
14 years ago

Really? His combine interview he said he would be happy to play NT for the Packers. Of course, he could have been baked out of his gourd at the time but... :lol:

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I think his response was "Yaah man, I love to be...like... a nose tackle for... yaah... the Green Bay Packers...hey dude...you got anything to eat in this pad...I'm like...starving".
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (57m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.