DGB454
15 years ago
To address the original question. How much could Ted get for AR? Hopefully not enough to trade him. I would hate to see him playing for any other team than GB. He will be an elite QB I have no doubt about that. To put up the #'s he had his first year and to do it with as much pressure on him as he had is in my opinion quite a feet. The wins will come easier as the team plays more seasons together (as long as the rest of the teams needs are addressed.) He is the type of player that franchises can build their team around. I hope he stays a Packer for many years to come.
dd80forever
15 years ago

Are you incapable of coming up with counter arguments other than the same repeated stuff over and over or the tired "you are not a Packers fan" thing.

"IronMan" wrote:

I didn't say you weren't a packers fan. Nice try though! I said that you hate Rodgers because he replaced Favre, which is true.

Just like you think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Again, nice try, but I didn't say Rodgers is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"dd80forever" wrote:

And I didn't say I hate Rodgers because he replaced Favre.

If I had to choose Between A-Rod and Cutler it's a no-brainer to me and I would imagine outside of Wisconsin it would be that way for many people.

You are welcomed to your opinion.
blank
IronMan
15 years ago

Are you incapable of coming up with counter arguments other than the same repeated stuff over and over or the tired "you are not a Packers fan" thing.

"dd80forever" wrote:

I didn't say you weren't a packers fan. Nice try though! I said that you hate Rodgers because he replaced Favre, which is true.

Just like you think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"IronMan" wrote:

Again, nice try, but I didn't say Rodgers is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"dd80forever" wrote:

And I didn't say I hate Rodgers because he replaced Favre.

"dd80forever" wrote:

True. I am just stating what everyone else already knows. Including yourself.
tromadz
15 years ago
Cutler: 4526 yds, 25 TDs, 86 Qb rating
Rodgers: 4038 yds, 28 TDs, 93.8 Qb rating

Cutler had more yards which is impressive but Rodgers had more TDs and a higher QB rating.

Rodgers also had a higher COMPLETION PRECENTAGE, which is a legit and telling stat, unlike QB rating.

Rodgers also used his feet better, rushing for more yards and 2 more rushing TDs.

And Rodgers did this in his first year as a starter.

Oh, and Rodgers isn't a crybaby douchebag either.

But yeah, Cutler for Rodgers in a heartbeat.
doddpower
15 years ago

Cutler had more yards which is impressive but Rodgers had more TDs and a higher QB rating.

Rodgers also had a higher COMPLETION PRECENTAGE, which is a legit and telling stat, unlike QB rating.

Rodgers also used his feet better, rushing for more yards and 2 more rushing TDs.

"tromadz" wrote:

haha, Trom just laid it down baby!!! Yeeeeeah!!
dfosterf
15 years ago

With his new deal, Rodgers make way more money than Cutler, so that would be a serious issue in the current economic climate that no one has addressed yet.

"millertime" wrote:

ESPN has already mentioned that Bus Cook is going to "hold up" the Bears for what they called "obscene" money, and that the Bears will be wanting to lock him up for a long term due to the level of commitment just given for him. Even if Cutler doesn't get a new contract, he still makes decent coin, but unfortunately for the Bears, not decent enough to suit his and his agent's avarice-if-I-were-a-betting-man-wise.

Rodgers This year: Base: 680k
LTBE: 7.9 mil this includes a 500k workout bonus
There is PRSB, but that's already paid, just a cap hit

Cutler This year: Base: 1.035 mil
LTBE: 4.0 mil (has to take 70% of snaps)
1.95 mil if in top 5 in any major passing category
100k workout bonus
500k if in Superbowl
PRSB, but signing bonus also already paid

Now for some future numbers--

Rodgers: 2010=== 6.5 mil, including PRSB (Breakdown not available yet)

Cutler: 2010=== 1.4225 mil base + 4 mil roster bonus + bonuses mentioned above (not the 4 mil 70% snap one)

2011: Rodgers=== 7.75 mil

2011: Cutler=== 1.81 mil + 12 mil roster bonus + aforementioned bonuses (again, not the 4 mil ones)

2012: Rodgers===8.5 mil

2012: Cutler===FREE AGENT (Owns Bears ??????????? lol)

2013: Rodgers===9.75 mil

2013: Cutler====?????? Anyone think it will be under 9.75 mil?

2014: Rodgers===11 mil

2014: Cutler===??????

Thanks again, Ted, for signing Aaron when you did. It was gutsy and classy, I bet Aaron noticed that too, and oh, btw...Ted...you saved the Pack many, many millions in the process...some of us fans figured that part out awhile ago, some of us have to wait and see the going rate for his contemporaries, I think they think that starting quarterbacks are going to go down in price, but you would have to ask them about that.

:thumbleft:
porky88
15 years ago
Cutler is know more proven than Rodgers. The problem is Cutler has a strong arm and teams go nuts over that. JaMarcus Russel and Matt Stafford are more examples.

I think Cutler probably has more upside than Rodgers, but also a bigger downside. I think he's immature and people are fast to criticize Mike Shanahan, but he did get to the AFC Title game with Jake Plummer. He did make the playoffs with Brian Griese. Never did with Jay Cutler. That does say something.

Personally, you're kidding yourself if you don't' think GB could get solid value for Rodgers. If Thompson called Denver and asked for a first, third, and Orton for Rodgers, McDaniels probably jumps on that deal.
dd80forever
15 years ago

Cutler is know more proven than Rodgers. The problem is Cutler has a strong arm and teams go nuts over that. JaMarcus Russel and Matt Stafford are more examples.

I think Cutler probably has more upside than Rodgers, but also a bigger downside. I think he's immature and people are fast to criticize Mike Shanahan, but he did get to the AFC Title game with Jake Plummer. He did make the playoffs with Brian Griese. Never did with Jay Cutler. That does say something.

Personally, you're kidding yourself if you don't' think GB could get solid value for Rodgers. If Thompson called Denver and asked for a first, third, and Orton for Rodgers, McDaniels probably jumps on that deal.

"porky88" wrote:

I would have to disagree about Denver taking that deal. I believe Cutler has unlimited potential while A-Rod has a bit lower ceiling. The downside is probably greater as you said with Cutler, I would agree.

However, If you give me a choice between a Game Changing QB, which Cutler has the ability to be, and a QB who on his best days is only managing the game coupled with a lack of talent around him, I go with the Game changer.
blank
porky88
15 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

I would have to disagree about Denver taking that deal. I believe Cutler has unlimited potential while A-Rod has a bit lower ceiling. The downside is probably greater as you said with Cutler, I would agree.

However, If you give me a choice between a Game Changing QB, which Cutler has the ability to be, and a QB who on his best days is only managing the game coupled with a lack of talent around him, I go with the Game changer.

"porky88" wrote:

You're comparing Cutler to Rodgers.

I'm comparing Rodgers to what Denver has right now. The question is what could Rodgers be had for. I think probably pretty good value. He's certainly going to warrant a first and possibly more. Denver has the extra picks and they need a QB. Rodgers is very similar to Matt Cassel in a lot of ways whom Josh McDaniels groomed from the get go. Rodgers is smart and could pickup that system. Denver has already traded Cutler. That's done. My point is if GB was stupid and wanted to get rid of Rodgers, they could probably get a first, third, and a guy like Kyle Orton. That probably sets the team back, but they could do it.

As far as game changing goes, Cutler is about as game changing as Rodgers. Neither has proven to be a big time player in the end. Both have choked. Cutler has never won more than 8 games in a season. I believe if I got the dates right, he's 17-20 overall as a starter. He played terrible last year down the stretch of the season and he can be highly erratic in crucial situations. I also hate his attitude.

Very similar to Rodgers actually. Cutler supporters blame the lack of a running game and defense for his struggles. Sounds a lot like Rodgers.

Now I have made my point before that I'd take Matt Ryan over any young QB in the game today, but my dream of No. 2 in Green Bay will never happen. I'm more than happy to see what Rodgers can do though.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"tromadz" wrote:

Holy crap. I'm agreeing with Trom? (we're all going to die now).

Rodgers produced more TDs, and let's not forget Rodgers can MOVE. How many did he run in as well?

TDs are what wins games. Points. And this is with Mike McCarthy making Aaron Rodgers play with one arm behind his back. Mike McCarthy turns into a pussy when we're in their red zone. Damn was I pissed at Mike McCarthy last year. I wanted to crawl inside the TV and strangle him.

Points. That's what this game is about. Points, not yards.

That's why BF is the best QB I've seen since being a football fan in '76. He produced more points than anyone else.

And that's why I'd take Rodgers over Cutler.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (5h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (5h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (6h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (22h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.