dfosterf
14 years ago

Being I think we will take English in the second... I will rattle off guys that may be there in the 3rd..

Clint Sintim, DE/OLB Virginia
Paul Kruger DE/OLB Utah
Tryone McKenzie OLB South Florida

And my favorite mid round pick..

Cody Brown DE/OLB Uconn.

Those are a few that I think are graded around a third round value.. Brace.. I think Brace will be gone by our second pick.. personally I think he will be the overall better longterm Pro Player between him and Raji..

"pack93z" wrote:

I'm on the Cody Brown thing as well. Friggin' Brace/Raji/NT conundrum...I'm starting to hate on this 3-4 more than a little bit right now.

My "Crabtree available at 9, Giants want him, we get their 1st three in exchange" scenario looks better and better, the more I look at this whole deal. I'm gonna have to watch some golf and calm down or something.
Pack93z
14 years ago
There are other large bodies in this draft that could rotate and help on the nose.

All is not lost if Brace is off the board...

Chris Baker  , Hampton
Terrance Knighton  , Temple
Terrance Taylor  , Michigan
Roy Miller  , Texas
Sammie Lee Hill , Stillman College

Late round flyer than May produce..

Antonio Dixon 
, Miami
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
...and Baker will not be there at our 3B ...especially if we get to reach for Brace with our 2, or if someone gets Brace before we do. They are ALL going to come off too early, because everyone needs 'em, and when 1 goes, the "run" on them will begin.

We have a gazillion ILB's. 2 gazillion WR's. Naturally, the draft is full of depth there.

Screw it.

Get Oher and pray.
wils0646
14 years ago
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/diner-morning-news-boldin-on-the-move/ 

HOT PROSPECTS RIGHT NOW

1. Mark Sanchez, QB, USC: Everyone is raving about his mind, his arm, and his unlimited potential.

2. Josh Freeman, QB, K-State: Hes the last of the quarterbacks, and teams know if theyre picking late they have to move to get in position to draft him. His arm and potential have teams excited.

3. Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi: Ive talked to three teams in the top 10 and they feel his bottom will be at No. 10 with the 49ers, who love him. He also might go as high as No. 7 with Oakland.

4. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland: Speed kills, and hes the talk of the league.

5. Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU: Can play the run and rush. That combination is highly sought after.

6. Evander Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri: His ability to rush, plus the fact the tackle market is very soft, makes him an attractive player.

Wow, Lombardi believes there's no way he gets past the 10th pick. I would tend to agree too.
The Pack Will Be Back.
14 years ago
I'm really starting to feel the Oher pick. My other concerns are 3-4 DE, and NT, and a playmaker 3-4 OLB would be fun, but if Oher is there.... he could very well be the best tackle taken in this draft.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
14 years ago
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/notes-from-lombardi-mock-draft/ 

Lombardi picks Oher at #9 for the Pack:

9. Green Bay Packers: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi The Packers might be tempted to draft Tyson Jackson, whom I hear they love. Oher is a hot commodity in the draft right now. Hard to pass on a legitimate left tackle, although I know they need defense.

The Pack Will Be Back.
Dulak
14 years ago
I can see oher at 9 happening
dhazer
14 years ago
As of yesterday Mcshay and Kiper have us taking a big risk with Andre Smith, I don't like his attitude. He gets suspended for the biggest game of his life, then at the combine he just takes his ball and goes home and don't say anything to anyone. As Dennis Hopper would say "Bad things man Bad things"
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago

As of yesterday Mcshay and Kiper have us taking a big risk with Andre Smith, I don't like his attitude. He gets suspended for the biggest game of his life, then at the combine he just takes his ball and goes home and don't say anything to anyone. As Dennis Hopper would say "Bad things man Bad things"

"dhazer" wrote:

I agree with you dhazer ... If Ted Thompson picks andre for our 9 I'm going to be Very unhappy. Way too risky and I really dont like his attitude.
Oher on the other hand; I wouldnt mind.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.