dhpackr
14 years ago
some player i wish Ted Thompson tried to get in a packer uni
2006 John abraham & draft devon hester over colledge
2007 draft greg olsen over justin harrell
2007 free agent jared allen or how about Adalius Thomas

difference makers, not back-ups.

If you try and tell me chillar is the packers solution for covering te's and rb's running up the seam, i have to disagree with that statement. the packers defense was terrible last year, i do not see how you can say chillar is a free agent signing last year that made the packers better!

people keep writing how Ted Thompson is managing the salary cap so well.
but the bottom line is, going into his fifth year, Ted Thompson has a losing record. that is a fact, and if you are going to judge the job Ted Thompson has done after four years, you have to consider the losing record, and look at the talent level on the team.

i still wonder what the game plan is to return to the playoffs?
are we going to be a defensive team, that can shut teams down, or an pass happy passing team??
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Cheesey
14 years ago
DH.....hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.
NO ONE knows for sure if the guy they draft will pan out, or be a failure till they actually strap on the pads and play.
It's easy now to say "I wish Ted Thompson would have drafted so and so" as we can look back and see who has made it, and who has not.
It's not that easy on draft day.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
14 years ago

2007 free agent jared allen

"dhpackr" wrote:

He wasn't a free agent.
The Pack Will Be Back.
longtimefan
14 years ago

2007 free agent jared allen

"wils0646" wrote:

He wasn't a free agent.

"dhpackr" wrote:

I think that tells us all we want to know, doesn't it?
dhpackr
14 years ago
jared allen 2007 free agent 
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Can't use HTML tags on the board, DHP. Try some smart tags next time. 😃
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
14 years ago

Can't use HTML tags on the board, DHP. Try some smart tags next time. :D

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

darn content management systems, i figured it out.
longtimefan
14 years ago

I got a link to, but mine says he was tagged by KC a MONTH before free agency hit

so tell us how was he a free agent AND tagged by KC at the same time?

Taged by KC  
dd80forever
14 years ago

Ted Thompson has not done anything in free agency for the past three seasons.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Anything? Brandon Chillar was a pretty intricate piece of our defense last year (no matter how poorly they played).

"dd80forever" wrote:

There is the problem though. He brought in Chillar, who saw time, and you are using that as a basis to the fact that Ted does sign FA.

Then you state "no matter how poorly they played". That's what is frustrating. I'm not knocking Chillar at all. In spots he is a nice backup. However instead of Ted addressing the average play from Poppinga buy UPGRADING he went out and got an average guy to back him up.

"wils0646" wrote:

You and Dhazer try this concept on for size for once: Teams do not let good players get to free agency. And the top players always go to the warm weather cities as their first choice instead of freezing their nuts off in Green Bay. As a result we have to way overpay.

BTW, which linebacker would have been better than Chillar, to go along with your upgrading theory? Don't just sit there spouting about what Thompson doesn't do. Give us the name of this phantom linebacker and what it would have taken to get him here.

Chillar was brought in to neutralize tight ends. You do know Dallas has a real good one that keeps torching us and they were the top team in the NFC going into last season?

I don't mean to rip you guys, but your negativity eats away at me.

"dhpackr" wrote:

Are you kidding me. Teams DO let good players get to Free Agency. Didn't Woodson get there? To act like there is nothing good to be had in FA is absurd.

Secondly is Chillar was brought here to neutralize TE's. To bad Witten caught 7 balls. Greg Olson took it to him as well. Some teams have 1 solid LB to do it. Ted takes 2-3 half-ass guys to try to get it done.

As far as WHO GB should have brought in remember 1 thing. Chicago needed a QB and they found a way to make it happen. You want some names.

Lance Briggs
Dansby
Mitchell
Suggs
Boley

I know, they cost to much money......blah, blah, blah
blank
wils0646
14 years ago

Yea....he would have become a RFA if the Chiefs hadn't franchised him like longtime said. He never actually became a FA.

We would have had to pay 2 firsts or trade for him like the Vikings did.

Lance Briggs

"dd80forever" wrote:

Threatened to leave and said he didn't want to be a Chicago Bear, but signed anyways to a 6-year, $36 million contract on the first day of free agency in 2008. I don't think he was ever going. There were trade rumors, but nothing ever came of it.

Dansby

Never became a FA.

I would take Suggs in a heartbeat when looking at the rest of the players listed. You have a point there I guess.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.