FloridaPacker88
14 years ago

Hannibal Navies however wasn't drafted #5 overall

"dd80forever" wrote:

And his level of play isn't very comparable to Hawks, Which is the point i'm trying to make.

Has Hawk become the absolute dominant force he was expected? No

Is he a solid player who does everything he can to help the team? Yes

Pedistrian means someone who comes in a makes a few starts for ya, maybe a fill in for a year, Solid is a type that starts every game and plays in whatever situation you need of them.

In conclusion it's my own opinion that Hawk is a solid NFL linebacker who has all the intangibles to make the leap to being a a GREAT linebacker.

"FloridaPacker88" wrote:

I am not comparing him to Navies but he is a slightly above average LB, not the superstar he was deemed to be. I love AJ more than anyone but he needs to raise his game. I hope this is the year

"dd80forever" wrote:

Then we really aren't disagreeing much, Ive stated since the beginning I thought he was solid but unspectacular, I just opposed the notion that he was pedestrian like you suggested thats all, Pedestrian to me= Someone who is easily replaceable, Hawk is yes potentially replaceable but it would not be easy to do so, in my humble opinion of course.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
He's ok. Not a bust, but not worth the top five overall pick. It could be better, but it could be worse. This season will probably make or break him and if he ends up starting 5 to 10 years, I'll live with the pick I guess.
Dulak
14 years ago

Hawk is as solid as they come, Last year he struggled a bit, but I think it was injury more than anything, plus a position switch. He's easily the most over all talented linebacker we have, people got down on him because they needed a scape goat IMO.

I think once he gets used to the 3-4 he's gonna be a beast, Sanders didn't let him do much, The only time I remember seeing him Blitz more than once was against Detroit and he ended up with two sacks that day. He's versatile and he needs to be used correctly.

If anyone can find a way to use him, It'd probably be Capers.

"FloridaPacker88" wrote:

barnett was the best LB we had - hence why he was MLB and had 'the helmet' ... but he torn his ACL and hasnt fully recovered; have to see how he does.
Greg C.
14 years ago
The word "bust" gets thrown around so much that it's losing its meaning. Although Hawk has not been the difference-maker that many of us thought he would be, he's not close to being a bust. Justin Harrell, on the other hand, is one nonproductive year away from earning that label.
blank
bozz_2006
14 years ago
just because Barnett had the radio and played MLB doesn't mean he's the best on the team. I mean, coaches don't go, "OK, Nick is our best LB, so that means he's gonna be the middle linebacker."

Having said that, I agree that Nick has been the best of our very mediocre linebacking corps.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

The word "bust" gets thrown around so much that it's losing its meaning. Although Hawk has not been the difference-maker that many of us thought he would be, he's not close to being a bust. Justin Harrell, on the other hand, is one nonproductive year away from earning that label.

"Greg C." wrote:

Completely agreed.. it appears to easy to throw that label at Hawk, but with the expectations set for him and his rookie year.. it becomes natural.

I have been on him for about a year and a half.. mostly because he is sitting on his heels thinking to damn much.. reactionary ball at linebacker isn't the way to play the position.

If I am Moss or Greene this season.. I throw on a jersey of the opponent Sunday morning.. walk up to Hawk about 15 minutes before the game and repeatedly slap his face, then turn his ass loose on the enemy.. lol.

Get him to play aggressive downhill instinctive pissed off ball..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
bozz_2006
14 years ago
AMEN
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Hawk is as solid as they come

"dd80forever" wrote:

I like Hawk but I disagree with this assessment. He has been pedestrian thus far.

"FloridaPacker88" wrote:

I agree. There were times when it looked like Hawk wanted to just rip someone's head off and then some other plays he was chasing and chasing. When he's not thinking about what to do, he's a beast.

I don't see him shining in the 3 - 4. I think he's better inside than outside IN the 3 - 4.

edit, I think Reggie Bush is more of a bust than Hawk. Hawk was labeled as a hard working player who would NOT be a superstar but would give you tough football on every play. Bush was touted as the next freaking Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders and whomever else they could throw. Even though he couldn't run through the MIDDLE! Bush is more of a game changer than Hawk.

I'd still have picked up Hawk at #5
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

He's ok. Not a bust, but not worth the top five overall pick.

"porky88" wrote:

Spot on
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
TheKanataThrilla
14 years ago
I think Hawk was a safe #5 pick. How much of this is the Green Bay sytem that we have played I am not sure, but all I know is I want our defence to become more agressive and Hawk is one of those players I can see benefit from such a change.