Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
We all have seen how much players who like to make it rain end up contributing to their teams' success. Don't players have curfews during the season anyway?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

We all have seen how much players who like to make it rain end up contributing to their teams' success. Don't players have curfews during the season anyway?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

During the season? I believe so. The "off days" i think they can do pretty much what they want.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
I have partied in some of the best Cities in the country, Milwaukee, Dallas, LA, Denver, San Antonio, Chicago, Miami, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Atlanta, and New Orleans...

Granted there are more choices in some of this cities and my experience was generally limited to a couple of days when I was in town for business.. but going to college in Green Bay I can tell you the nightlife there isn't terrible compared to some of these other places. Plus you don't have as much concern about running into serious trouble like being robbed, beaten or worse.

Then factor in the Packer players are treated like Rock Stars in Green Bay, I don't buy that it is a huge factor. When Edgar Bennett was in for service on his truck in Gandrud, we spoke about living in Green Bay as a Packer... he absolutely loved it. Albeit, he did say that sometimes he just wanted to get lost, because everywhere he went he was recognized.. but that was his only negative comment.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
doddpower
15 years ago

I have partied in some of the best Cities in the country, Milwaukee, Dallas, LA, Denver, San Antonio, Chicago, Miami, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Atlanta, and New Orleans...

Granted there are more choices in some of this cities and my experience was generally limited to a couple of days when I was in town for business.. but going to college in Green Bay I can tell you the nightlife there isn't terrible compared to some of these other places. Plus you don't have as much concern about running into serious trouble like being robbed, beaten or worse.

Then factor in the Packer players are treated like Rock Stars in Green Bay, I don't buy that it is a huge factor. When Edgar Bennett was in for service on his truck in Gandrud, we spoke about living in Green Bay as a Packer... he absolutely loved it. Albeit, he did say that sometimes he just wanted to get lost, because everywhere he went he was recognized.. but that was his only negative comment.

"pack93z" wrote:

As I said, I guarantee you it at least runs through many players minds. Even if it's not fair. As Cheesy said, it's probably just the perception of Green Bay. It doesn't really mean much though, just that we would probably have to write a slightly bigger check then some of the other "big" markets, such as New York, Tampa, etc. As I said, not a huge deal, just the way it is.

I mean, I take myself for an example. I LOVE green bay. I think it's an awesome place. However, I have turned down a job opportunity or two that have came up just because I'm not sure if I would want to live there. Not close to my beloved mountains OR the beach?? (The beach isn't a big deal for me, but I know it is for some people. A BIG deal for some). Simply the availability of certain things is a bit more limited then other places.

I'll say it again, not necessarily a huge deal, but I still would bet it runs through 90% of the players heads. ESPECIALLY if a player has the same offer from Green Bay as they do some of these "bigger" market teams.
blueleopard
15 years ago
Here's the thing.

Peppers is a beast. Nobody is denying that. While he may have earned the reputation of someone who takes some plays off... I'm pretty sure everybody does that. Even Aaron Kampman sometimes. Especially a guy with Peppers' 6-7, 285lb frame. It's not easy to move all that around.

If he can be had for a 2nd, why not take him? The guy was taken in the top 5 when he was drafted, and the last time I checked, that kind of pick is higher than what we have right now. Sure, we'll have to pay him, but we have money. I do agree that Jennings and Collins should be our #1 priorities though.

Not to mention... the guy wants to be traded, but he hasn't been a total ass about it. He hasn't gone all public the way Anquan Boldin has, so there is some professionalism to him. He simply wants to be in a new place, and maybe it's not about the money. Sure, everyone says that's what it's all about, but never has he stated that. He just wants to be in a new scheme--a scheme that we just so happened to adapt.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Rockmolder
15 years ago
I've actually never seen Kampman take a play off. Even if he did, that's not the problem. Half the time Peppers looks very unmotivated. I mean, he's been all over the place with his sack totals, tackles and what not. (2.5 Sacks in 2007, 14.5 in 2008, 7.0 in 2003)

I still think that he's a great player, but I just don't want to give up a lot in both money (cap space) and draft picks for a player who has been playing a 4-3 DE for his entire career, without any pass coverage duties, and a low motor from time to time. Especially because he'll be starting opposite of Kampman, who might be one dimensional aswell. It'd be a big gamble to get another guy like this in. If both of them can't cover for instance, we'll have two guys with a very high salary working on a rotation.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Looks like Peppers will remain a Panther for the following season, per FanNation.com :

Barring a dramatic change, Julius Peppers isn't going anywhere. It's draft day, and Peppers, a Pro Bowl defensive end, is still a member of the Carolina Panthers, albeit as a franchise free agent. No trade is in sight and the team is moving forward with plans that he'll be back next season. Neither the New England Patriots nor the Philadelphia Eagles, two teams Peppers was interested in playing for, have shown a willingness to surrender the mega-trade package necessary to acquire him from Carolina and give him a top-market contract. Since Peppers hasn't signed the tender offer he received from the Panthers when they franchised him, they can't trade him under rules of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

UserPostedImage
millertime
15 years ago
ON Green Bay scene:

My dad's from Wisconsin and we laughed because Raji actually had a lot of white people around him at his draft party. We thought that would help him transition into life in Wisconsin.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
@millertime: it can't hurt! lol

@nonstop: I don't think he's going anywhere... for awhile. I think he might actually be one of the few players that makes themselves sufficiently pouty to get a ticket out of town. I don't know how, but I don't think he'll be a panther in 2009. I have to wonder how they can afford to keep him, sign their picks, and give Delhomme a big extension all the same year. they've gotta be pretty close to hitting their heads on the salary cap.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
He is holding the Panthers hostage.

They have got to be beyond angry that he didn't even sign the tender offer going into the draft.

I have to wonder why. They can't negotiate a trade until he signs it.

WTF?

He is holding up almost 17 million. They have no room.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (10h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (10h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (10h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (14h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.