wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I did not see this thread in all these years??? That is not possible. Only a vikie fan could be this lame.

I am Wayne. Live in northern IL. 55 years old. Been a fan since the Glory Days. (The 60's not the 30's.) As near as I can tell the 1 year we lived in Minnesota the Vikings sucked so bad I vowed to follow a team with real talent and ability. Struggled through the miserable 70 and 80's and now Enjoy the Glory Day's once again.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago

I did not see this thread in all these years??? That is not possible. Only a vikie fan could be this lame.

I am Wayne. Live in northern IL. 55 years old. Been a fan since the Glory Days. (The 60's not the 30's.) As near as I can tell the 1 year we lived in Minnesota the Vikings sucked so bad I vowed to follow a team with real talent and ability. Struggled through the miserable 70 and 80's and now Enjoy the Glory Day's once again.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Seriously? Go put your interview up and go get the next guy. This is the off-season, we need to catch up. I want to know where David is, for example.

gd administration around here is slippin', lol
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Seriously? Go put your interview up and go get the next guy. This is the off-season, we need to catch up. I want to know where David is, for example.

gd administration around here is slippin', lol

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

I did the interview post. I just wasn't in this thread.
I actually re-did the interview and compared it to what I posted 3 years ago. It is almost exactly the same. I decided not to do it once again.

Here are a comments: The rest is here: 

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? Grew up in the Peoria area for most of my early years. We did live in Golden Valley, MN for a year. I went to school for a year in a Cincinnati suburb. Lived in north Illinois ever since. Married to a Chicago girl. Got her to give up her wayward ways before we married. (Cubs and Bears.) I have been a Cardinals fan for a little longer I have been a Packers fan. Got that from Dad.
We have 2 kids. Both have graduated from college. My daughter with a double major. My son did the National Guard bit for 6 years. He did a tour in Afghanistan. He was wounded in a suicide bomber incident. He earned a couple of citations along with his Purple Heart. It is amazing they are still giving out Purple Hearts that were made for WWII.
My daughter is trying to land her first real job. My son works for a local Trader Joe’s. He is in charge of the wine department. He loves it. They have let him do some of the managerial duties. He has his eyes on being a store manager. He is also considering going back to school and getting his master’s degree and working with PTSD vets.

14) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.
In the US- LA, San Diego, Denver & Steamboat Springs. Phoenix, Dallas, Houston. New Orleans, Alabama, all over the Mid West the eastern Seaboard States. All over FL. NYC, Boston, DC, Phillie, Pitt. AND HAWAII.

Did a cruise on the Pacific side of Mexico. A Med cruise from Barcelona to Naples, up the west coast of Italy. A stop in France were we went from Toulon to Cassis.
Whistler Canada.

Being on the Pacific with my wife in a kayak a couple of hundred yards from a Humpback cow and her new born calf was pretty neat. Going to the USS AZ in the morning and smelling the oil leaking out of the hull. Reading the names of those who gave their last full measure was moving. We proceeded to National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (Punchbowl Crater) and finishing the day on the Victory Deck of the USS MO was unforgettable. I snorkeled with Green Sea Turtles. Pretty cool.
Being at Game 3 of the 2006 World Series with my dad was very special. It was the final game he went to. He tickets are hanging on my office wall.
Seeing Ground Zero was moving. Earlier on that trip, we were on Ellis Island with my Dad and uncle 100 years to the day form when my grandmother came through Ellis Island. We all cried a bit.
There are so many things I have seen in my life. I can’t post them all.

16) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? I would like to go to Cooperstown and Ellis Island with my son. His Army commitment kept him from going with me. My wife and I will make it to Gettysburg this summer. I have never been there.
Take in a game at all the MLB parks with my son.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago
I do not believe I have done the interview, i probably should
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

please do. Do you know where to find the questions?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
11 years ago

I second this. Always nice to find out a bit more about the forum members.
gbguy20
11 years ago

nope
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

nope

link 
then send to Zero or post in a new thread.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
11 years ago
I'm new to this forum - I just saw a posting about it in the Packer Forum. I was a prolific poster in JSOnline and the Green Bay Forum about 5 or 6 years ago, and I'm just now getting back into it. Posting about the Packers is fun; Posting about Politics is also fun - and not exactly welcome in the Packer Forum. I look forward to using the Back Alley section for that.

I'm 65 years old, born and raised in Wisconsin, got out of the army in Texas in 1979 and stayed there. I've been a Packer fan since before Vince Lombardi took over.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
glad to have you here TX. There is something for everyone. From those with a passion for Packers to songs or film all the way to poly ticks.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.