Rockmolder
14 years ago

Chillar doesn't have the build to play in the secondary.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yes because we know all players have to have the right builds to play in the NFL.... ::roll:

I'm not saying he could but I would of tried it at least which Bigby and Rouse out and all the LBers healthy at the time.

"beast" wrote:

:lol:

And Fred Dean didn't have the build to play DE so the Chargers cut him. And the Niners immediately pick him up and he's the leading sacker on 2 SB winning teams.

Build, schmuild.

"blueleopard" wrote:

If we where at a point of cutting him, I'd try some desperation move like playing him at safety first. Just see how he performs. I don't think he has the raw speed to be a safety, but it never hurts to try. Just have Nick Collins play most of the deep zones with Chillar coming up in the box and covering TEs. All of that while having our LBs free to play. It does sound pretty good to just try sometime.
RaiderPride
14 years ago

go-fast and try-hard are commodities, even in professional athletes. the difference between the top athletes in the NFL and mid-tier athletes in the NFL is so minute, the will to win is what sets apart the good players from the great players.

"Dulak" wrote:

:) this is the reason I love the movie Rudy ... his part in the movie is an inspiration for everyone

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Off topic But.

I had lunch with The Real Rudy a while back.... I know him well. He is a speaker on the speaking tour and was in Vancouver speaking at the BC Lions Kick Off Dinner and season ticket push.

He is one persistent son of a bitch. He never quits, even today and it is almost to the point of being annoying. A few years back I was in Vegas and he was showing me the plans for his new home he was building in Vegas.

Very arrogant... Very conceited... But, you still have to admire the guy.

He really is 4 foot nothing... and he talks like he is punch drunk. You would never know the guy has a degree from Notre Dame.

Perhaps he took way too many hits on the practice squad at N.D.

In Case you want to know.... Rudy ended up making NOTHING from that movie. NOTHING.

He hired several writers to help him put the screen play together over the years and hired people to sell it to Hollywood.. It was rejected over and over again... Years of rejection. Notre Dame originally did not want the Movie made.... But eventually he put it all together.

After the movie was a hit.... Every writer he hired over the years ended up suing him for royalties.. With his legal costs and such... Left him-with nothing for the movie as he did not hire lawyers or an agent in negotiations with the producers.

He is now on the speaking tour... Makes $10 to 15 grand (he askes for 20K for keynote but he can be had for 10-15.) for an appearance and writes children's books. The books are actually very good.

ONE THING YOU MAY FIND INTERESTING... Is that Dan Devine was very supportive of letting him start and knew the value of giving him one play on the field... Devine actually used him to motivate the team in the game against Georgia Tech.

Hollywood changed the facts to make it more "Hollywood."

He told me Dan Devine was a great guy.

I also asked him if Dan Devine ever talked about his dog in Green Bay.

He did not know what I was talking about.

http://premierespeakers.com/rudy_ruettiger 

RP
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
beast
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yes because we know all players have to have the right builds to play in the NFL.... ::roll:

I'm not saying he could but I would of tried it at least which Bigby and Rouse out and all the LBers healthy at the time.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

And Fred Dean didn't have the build to play DE so the Chargers cut him. And the Niners immediately pick him up and he's the leading sacker on 2 SB winning teams.

Build, schmuild.

"beast" wrote:

If we where at a point of cutting him, I'd try some desperation move like playing him at safety first. Just see how he performs. I don't think he has the raw speed to be a safety, but it never hurts to try. Just have Nick Collins play most of the deep zones with Chillar coming up in the box and covering TEs. All of that while having our LBs free to play. It does sound pretty good to just try sometime.

"blueleopard" wrote:

well I was talking about trying him there when both Bigby, Rouse and Harris went down with injures and all of the LBers were healthy at the time.... and the back-up S proved they couldn't handle it.... so I was just saying try to grab a guy from another position to play there and since it's SS which is more run defense I was saying take the best coverage LB which I think was Chillar last year.

They ended up waiting for Harris to get healthy and moved Woodson over to SS a couple of games.

In no way am I saying Chillar should be a full time starter at S..... but when the #4 S proves he can't start so have no else where to go why not try a guy from a healthy position group.... I think Chillar at S might of been better than the #4 S at S.

Also I think Matthews is a better athlete and would be a better fit at S than I think Chillar would be. Just saying.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
10 to 15 grand to talk to people.
Damn.......I missed my calling!!!
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"beast" wrote:

Build, schmuild.

"blueleopard" wrote:

How many 243 pound safeties are there in the NFL? My guess is zero. Aaron Rouse is considered to be a huge safety at 223 pounds. If Chillar was a really tremendous athlete by NFL standards, maybe it would be possible for him to break the mold, but I don't see that kind of talent in him. I do like him in coverage on TE's and RB's, though, or in short zones, and he could have a role in our defense this year.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Off topic But.

I had lunch with The Real Rudy a while back.... I know him well. He is a speaker on the speaking tour and was in Vancouver speaking at the BC Lions Kick Off Dinner and season ticket push.

He is one persistent son of a bitch. He never quits, even today and it is almost to the point of being annoying. A few years back I was in Vegas and he was showing me the plans for his new home he was building in Vegas.

Very arrogant... Very conceited... But, you still have to admire the guy.

He really is 4 foot nothing... and he talks like he is punch drunk. You would never know the guy has a degree from Notre Dame.

Perhaps he took way too many hits on the practice squad at N.D.

In Case you want to know.... Rudy ended up making NOTHING from that movie. NOTHING.

He hired several writers to help him put the screen play together over the years and hired people to sell it to Hollywood.. It was rejected over and over again... Years of rejection. Notre Dame originally did not want the Movie made.... But eventually he put it all together.

After the movie was a hit.... Every writer he hired over the years ended up suing him for royalties.. With his legal costs and such... Left him-with nothing for the movie as he did not hire lawyers or an agent in negotiations with the producers.

He is now on the speaking tour... Makes $10 to 15 grand (he askes for 20K for keynote but he can be had for 10-15.) for an appearance and writes children's books. The books are actually very good.

ONE THING YOU MAY FIND INTERESTING... Is that Dan Devine was very supportive of letting him start and knew the value of giving him one play on the field... Devine actually used him to motivate the team in the game against Georgia Tech.

Hollywood changed the facts to make it more "Hollywood."

He told me Dan Devine was a great guy.

I also asked him if Dan Devine ever talked about his dog in Green Bay.

He did not know what I was talking about.

http://premierespeakers.com/rudy_ruettiger 

RP

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Sorry for continuing to veer off topic, but I found this fascinating. Maybe the mods can move this post and reply to the General Discussion area.

Yeah, the movie made Dan Devine look like a heartless jerk. It's weird to hear that he was actually pretty supportive of Rudy.

I strongly believe that success is a little bit of luck and a LOT of persistence. Doesn't matter what field you're in. You have to keep at it through thick and thin, especially in things relating to entertainment (sports, music, art, etc).

I can see him being punch drunk. At his height, he's right where an OL's elbow would be. Ever been elbowed in the head? It's not fun, and I'd take five punches in the head any day of the week over a solid elbow in the head. Well, maybe not five but definitely three.

I understand his arrogance. To have that limitation (no pun intended) and that dream, you have to be arrogant to fulfill it. And to be able to fulfill it, a little bit of arrogance is deserved because the whole world thinks you'll never pull it off.

What a shame about not making money, but that's Hollywood for you. The Producers make all the money and everyone else starves. There are only a handful of actors who make anything and of them, most have short careers. That's why you see so many actors you could have sworn must be rich who are doing TV commercials. The lowest on the totem poll are the writers - those who the whole shebang would not have been possible without.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Greg C." wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Build, schmuild.

"beast" wrote:

How many 243 pound safeties are there in the NFL? My guess is zero. Aaron Rouse is considered to be a huge safety at 223 pounds. If Chillar was a really tremendous athlete by NFL standards, maybe it would be possible for him to break the mold, but I don't see that kind of talent in him. I do like him in coverage on TE's and RB's, though, or in short zones, and he could have a role in our defense this year.

"blueleopard" wrote:

So if he can run with TEs and RBs the way he does now, he ought to be able to play safety if he loses some weight. I think it'd be a real possibility.

Even better though, would be putting him at safety on first down against the Vikings for instance. He doesn't have the build to be a corner-like covering safety, but he does have the ability to sneak up in the box when necessary.

This, ofcourse, would only be if Bigby would be out. I think he's one of the best run support safetys in the game.
beast
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"Greg C." wrote:

Build, schmuild.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"beast" wrote:

So if he can run with TEs and RBs the way he does now, he ought to be able to play safety if he loses some weight. I think it'd be a real possibility.

Even better though, would be putting him at safety on first down against the Vikings for instance. He doesn't have the build to be a corner-like covering safety, but he does have the ability to sneak up in the box when necessary.

This, ofcourse, would only be if Bigby would be out. I think he's one of the best run support safetys in the game.

"blueleopard" wrote:

I think some are missing my point... last year Harris, Bigby and Rouse were all injured and couldn't play leaving Collins and Peprah to start at S. Peprah couldn't hack it... why not try someone else at another position?

Also since the Packers don't use dime defense (or at least VERY rare) but stay in nickel... Chillar did get to cover WR sometimes... and I must say I was more impressed with Chillar coverage against WRs than I was with Bigby last seasons. Also Chillar can cover TE and RBs. And again... I wasn't talking about a full time move but until the DB got healthy and one of them could beat him out.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.