Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I think Ted has a small ego for a GM. GM's with huge ego's would have kept Cory Rodgers after using a 4th? round pick on the guy.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
Didn't read through the thread, but the topic is ego.

Every GM has an ego. Every head coach has an ego. Most players have an ego.

The people criticizing Thompson for his ego need to remember that Brett Favre, Mike Holmgren, Ron Wolf, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Steve Young, Joe Montana, and so on and so on all have egos. Heck I would argue that everyone on this forum probably has an ego. We're all people so criticizing Thompson over his massive ego is hypocritical especially when half of the people that we all admire like a Brett Favre and a Mike Holmgren also have egos. It's just the way it is. It's part of the beast and in a lot of ways it helps drive the competitive nature that all of these guys have.
dhazer
14 years ago
I only read a few posts because i figure it is all the same bs . Ted Thompson is just like reinsdorf and they bot were winning then they ran the star out and havent done crap since.

BTW since Ted Thompson is taking credit for bringing in Brett, whats next he brought in Reggie, hell he might as well say he told Vince to get Bart and Paul and Max lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

I only read a few posts because i figure it is all the same bs . Ted Thompson is just like reinsdorf and they bot were winning then they ran the star out and havent done crap since.

BTW since Ted Thompson is taking credit for bringing in Brett, whats next he brought in Reggie, hell he might as well say he told Vince to get Bart and Paul and Max lol.

"dhazer" wrote:

So irregardless,

we are misremembering.

For the humor-challenged, neither of those are much in the word department, yet remain both somewhat humorous and expository(perhaps irregardless, not so much) but I will tell you what isn't funny, imo. Posts made when the poster doesn't even bother to read what has preceded, but feel compelled and qualified to comment upon it.

Seems rather one-sided to me. It is an opinion.
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

Hazer, you gotta stop comparing Thompson to Reinsdork. I know you don't like the guy, but comparing him to almighty Satan is just crazy talk. :pottytrain2:
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago

"wils0646" wrote:

And yes, I also like how you equate Ted Thompson watching tape on Brett and confiding with his boss as "taking credit for Brett". Ted Thompson said nothing of that sort. At all. I don't get it.

"dhazer" wrote:

Isn't that hilarious???
It's a part of FACT that Ted Thompson was asked about Favre.
How that gets spun into him taking CREDIT for Favre being here is once again how Hazer seems to roll.
I guess because the FACT that Ted Thompson had a small part in Favre being here, and obviously RON WOLF respected TT's opinion enough to ask him, just flys in the face of the blind hatred that some have for TT.
Anything that doesn't fit their preconceived ideas is automatically thrown out..........even if it IS FACT and TRUE.
Hmmm..........reminds me of a thread in the "the back alley" area on this site......
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

Wow, just wow.

First of all, I don't think you can make that arugment that I bolded in the first paragraph. Like Wils said, it's ONE YEAR!

And describe to me when Ted Thompson took credit for bringing in Brett........have any research that can prove this to us? When did Ted Thompson say that?
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

On topic...

I would also like to reflect on the confirmation by Trippster of what I always [strike]suspected strongly[/strike] knew was the the way Ted conducts business/management style.

He listens to his subordinates and bases decisions on their input, as any good manager would.

It is documented, for example, that Ron Wolf operated in much the same way.

For example, when he was contemplating the acquisition of Brett Favre, Ron sought input from one of his subordinates, specifically, Ted Thompson.

Ted watched the tape Ron gave him and concurred with Ron's assessment.

We as fans forget this, but I bet Ted doesn't. As far as who is on this organization right now...

Ted is by far and away the most responsible for Brett Favre EVER having been a Green Bay Packer, and that is very much under-appreciated...imo

One thing I always concern myself with is the possibility that one of his scouts has too much influence upon Ted...in other words, he listens too much to them, not enough. I worry when we draft anyone from Tennessee, for example. :icon_smile: but that's another story.

"DakotaT" wrote:

That has got to be the biggest kick in the nuts a Tator could possibly take. Let's see if they answer bell.

"dfosterf" wrote:

This is what i am going off of supposedly from some site. I trust dfoster and his posts.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wils0646
14 years ago

On topic...

I would also like to reflect on the confirmation by Trippster of what I always [strike]suspected strongly[/strike] knew was the the way Ted conducts business/management style.

He listens to his subordinates and bases decisions on their input, as any good manager would.

For example, when he was contemplating the acquisition of Brett Favre, Ron sought input from one of his subordinates, specifically, Ted Thompson.

We as fans forget this, but I bet Ted doesn't. As far as who is on this organization right now...

Ted is by far and away the most responsible for Brett Favre EVER having been a Green Bay Packer, and that is very much under-appreciated...imo

One thing I always concern myself with is the possibility that one of his scouts has too much influence upon Ted...in other words, he listens too much to them, not enough. I worry when we draft anyone from Tennessee, for example. :icon_smile: but that's another story.

"dhazer" wrote:

That has got to be the biggest kick in the nuts a Tator could possibly take. Let's see if they answer bell.

"DakotaT" wrote:

This is what i am going off of supposedly from some site. I trust dfoster and his posts.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Ah, didn't see that. Regardless, I think he'll agree and everyone else here will agree that Wolf probably had a little more to do with him coming here :thumbleft: .
The Pack Will Be Back.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Who is on this organization right now.

Not most responsible for Brett Favre being here.

I didn't highlight the quote.

Read the prior sentence to the highlight.

It is true, No one in the Packers organization RIGHT NOW is more responsible for getting Brett than Ted.

Obviously, Ron Wolf is THE most responsible, but he is no longer with the Pack...also obviously.

Here is my original post. Take away the emphasis provided by someone subsequent to my post and it reads a tad bit different, no? Like I said, good idea to read the thread prior to posting...sometimes it is important to do so. Thanks for the compliment ( :icon_smile: I think? :tongue3: )

Nice split job, z-- that was a bit of a toughie to figure out the "how to do", imo

On topic...

I would also like to reflect on the confirmation by Trippster of what I always suspected strongly knew was the the way Ted conducts business/management style.

One thing I always concern myself with is the possibility that one of his scouts has too much influence upon Ted...in other words, he listens too much to them, not enough. I worry when we draft anyone from Tennessee, for example. icon_smile but that's another story.

See the difference?

On another note ....

In possibly another vain attempt at interjecting a little humor---

NonStopdrivel crushed the competition when it comes to ragging on a fellow member over words, context, etc. I posted a photograph, with a (Vikes fan? I forget) holding a sign with text in the sign. I also posted a link to the source. He plus 1'd me for the humor, but then minused 1 me for the misspelling of the sign. You know, the sign in the friggin' photograph.

I still gotta laugh at the harshness of that one. I don't think anyone can beat that. :icon_smile:
Fan Shout
dhazer (11m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.