14 years ago

I hope someone snaps a picture of Harrell on the field before he tears his vaginal muscle.

"dd80forever" wrote:

haha, yeah, I too hope ill will on Packers players. Vagina! Priceless! Because he's a guy, but you're saying he has a vagina. hahaha. I don't know how you come up with this shit.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
Collins' absence concerns me, but not nearly as much as some other things going on with players right now. We need Jenkins healthy, period. That's my #1 concern. Clifton, they always rest, so I'm not worried about that. Bigby could be a playmaker in the 3-4, in the box, so that's my #2 concern. Collins is probably #3. And as much as I continue to be a fan of Barnett, I think we're deep as hell at ILB.
UserPostedImage
PackerFan
14 years ago

Collins' absence concerns me, but not nearly as much as some other things going on with players right now. We need Jenkins healthy, period. That's my #1 concern. Clifton, they always rest, so I'm not worried about that. Bigby could be a playmaker in the 3-4, in the box, so that's my #2 concern. Collins is probably #3. And as much as I continue to be a fan of Barnett, I think we're deep as hell at ILB.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I agree with all these points. I'm a BIG fan of Jenkins and what he can do on the field and we need to get him healthy. And I am also very interested to see how the LB battles will work out durring training camp as I think were deep in every LB spot.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago

I'm thrilled to read that Justin Harrell is back on the practice field. That surely bodes well for keeping bodies fresh on the line.

I'm a little concerned at all the ankle injuries, though. As someone who lives with chronic (sometimes acutely excruciating) ankle pain, I know how disruptive it can be.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Me to... however then I just crack out the Allen wrenches and wala.. back in business. ;)

No surprises is a good thing.. and I think it bodes well that Harrell is on the field. No not because I expect him to stay healthy.. but instead it might be a sign that the Packers had "the talk" with him... meaning.. we need to to start to contribute or else.

Glad today's practice is open.. need a real action news type Packer fix in the worst way.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerFan
14 years ago
With todays practice being open I wonder if they will have some footage of it on NFL Total Access.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
Prayers go out to Collins and his family..

Sad News... 

By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel
May. 28, 2009 9:32 a.m.

Green Bay - Willie James Collins Sr., the father of Packers safety Nick Collins, passed away on May 16 after a long battle with cancer.

It was the serious family issue Collins was referring to in comments he made to the Journal Sentinel on May 10.

Collins spent much of the 2007 season worried about this father's health and often flew back and forth to Florida to be with him. Mr. Collins' cancer was thought to be in remission last year.

The former Dixie County (Cross City) High School and Bethune-Cookman College quarterback was buried on Saturday after a celebration of Mr. Collins' life in the high school gymnasium.

Here is a portion of the obituary published in the Gainesville (Fla.) Sun:

COLLINS, WILLIE JAMES SR.

"GRAMP"

Age 56, of Cross City, Florida, a former Quarterback of Dixie County High School and Bethune-Cookman College, a former Policeman of the Cross City Police Dept and Dixie County Sheriff's Department, a former Employee of the Cross City Correctional Institution and the Dept of Agriculture, a former Coach of Pop Warner Football and the Dixie County Little League Baseball, Member of Miracle Deliverance Center Church where he served faithfully until his health began to fail, etc. died Saturday, May 16, 2009 in Cross City at the residence of his Sister, Heddie Johnson.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerFan
14 years ago
Excellent find Pack. +1
blank
Dulak
14 years ago
I assume the article misquoted about jenkins - he's got a pec issue not a ankle (from my understanding). Heard he's still having issues from it.

Ya I want a healthy jenkins (key component) - if anyone has a chance to be a pro-bowler its this guy.
14 years ago
From Packers Blog:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46420932.html 

News and notes from the first open practice of 2009:

CB Charles Woodson, S Nick Collins and WR Donald Driver were the only veterans not at the voluntary workouts.
Collins and Driver have issues with their contracts. Woodson has never been an off-season regular.
RB Tyrell Sutton and CB Brandon Underwood have school. TE Travis Dekker was put on reserve/military.
CB Tramon Williams, an exclusive rights free agent, received a new one-year deal, which is worth $900,000 according to the NationalFootballPost.com. He will be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

LB Clay Matthews (hamstring), LB Brad Jones (groin) and WR Lorne Sam (abdominal) were out with minor injuries. Matthews said he felt much better today and was day-to-day.
First team defense during walk-throughs: DE B.J. Raji, NT Ryan Pickett, DE Cullen Jekins, LOLB Aaron Kampman, ILB A.J. Hawk, ILB Brandon Chillar, ROLB Jeremy Thompson, LCB Tramon Williams, SS Atari Bigby, FS Aaron Rouse, RCB Al Harris.

Second-team defense: Johnny Jolly, Anthony Toribio, Justin Harrell; Cyril Obiozor, Desmond Bishop, Spencer Havner, Brady Poppinga; Pat Lee, Anthony Smith, Jarrett Bush, Will Blackmon (also nickel back).
Biggest surprise had to be Jeremy Thompson working out as the first-team right outside linebacker. Matthews said he and Brady Poppinga are second-team there, although coordinator Dom Capers said not to pay attention to where everyone is at this point.
OLB coach Kevin Greene on Thompson: "Jeremy Thompson brings a lot to the table. He's very athletic, very athletic. He's very fluid. His fluidity at outside backer is going to obviously be a plus."

Kampman was not asked to drop into coverage very often. But when he did around the line of scrimmage, he was fine. When he had to drop 5-7 yards with a running back, he looked very stiff and awkward.
Matthews, Chad Clifton, Alfred Malone, Scott Wells, Breno Giacomin and Cullen Jenkins all did rehab workouts.

Smith subbed for Bigby and Jolly/Harrell for Jenkins.
No. 1 O-line (from left to right): Tony Moll, Daryn Colledge, Jason Spitz, Josh Sitton, Allen Barbre
No. 2 O-line: Jamon Meredith, Andrew Hartline, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Dane Randolph
Matt Flynn got the reps at No. 2 QB.

Lang also saw some time at right tackle, with Dietrich-Smith moving over to right guard and Duke Preston at center
Offense struggled for much of the day. Really only bright spot was Greg Jennings, who caught everything within his reach, including a beautiful grab over the middle on which he beat blanket coverage by Tramon Williams
Rodgers 6-11 in team periods. Had one intended for Brett Swain batted away on a nice play by Al Harris, and a fastball over the middle dropped by James Jones.

Flynn 6-10, had one dropped when it appeared hed laid it in perfectly to Patrick Williams on a post, only to have Pat Lee and Charlie Peprah knock it out of his hands at the last second. Also had another batted down at the line.
Brohm 0-1, with a couple of scrambles
Will Blackmon, Tramon Williams and Ruvell Martin were the three punt returners.
Jeremy Kapinos got the first punts.

Per Capers' usual method of operation, the cornerbacks don't switch with motion. I saw a lot of man to man with zone sprinkled in.
GM Ted Thompson talked with fans and signed autographs. Security man extraordinaire Jerry Parins was nearby. I'm just saying.
Never heard so much chattering and hand signals with a Packers defense. Constant chatter.

The defense had struggles in base stopping the run and getting QB pressure.

But with more exotic fronts and sub packages, they were doing some good things.
Raji only played DE.
Kampman would have had a sack if Ryan Grant didn't blatantly hold him on a free rush.

McCarthy was a little prickly in his post-practice press conference: "Attendance, huh? We'll do this one time for you because we're so accommodating to the media....What did you think of the practice today? What did you think of that team out there, the other 96 percent that are out there busting their butts since March?"

Everybody was raving about the way CB Al Harris is adjusting to the new scheme.

Fun fact from Greene on why Thompson is on the right side: "Is he left handed or right hand. He's left handed so generally you'll be more productive rushing from the defensive right side using his dominant left hand."
Mike Trgovac on Ryan Pickett at nose: "Pick has very good feet, plays with his hands well and really that's all it takes....He's got plenty of quickness for it. He's as quick as all those guys that play that position in the league."

Trgovac on Harrell: "He's perfect. He fits it very well. I've been very pleased with the way Justin has approached this offseason. I have not been with him in the past so I can't speak to the past. But he's been very determined, he's moving very well and he's very focused right now and he's just naturally a bright kid. I've been very pleased with his effort so far. He wants to learn, he wants to know all the little ins and outs of the defense and he picks things up very quickly. he doesn't make a mistake very often. Or he doesn't make a mistake twice very often."

Interesting all the talk of Pickett at Nose.
blank
Dulak
14 years ago
Wow that article makes me excited!
thanks cal cheez

I think the biggest shocker is thompson at ROLB; did any of us predict they might use him as our #1 backer at that spot? (now granted - things might change when the season starts). But thompson on the right?
I havnt seen one person talk about him starting at the right.
Sure his name might have been mentioned once but only in passing.

Quite interesting ...

Another interesting thing was the Oline setups - now we were missing some guys from the field Clifton and Scott Wells, Breno Giacomin

But was interesting to see where the guys were lining up. ie meredith was on the left - they stuck lang at guard (but he played some tackle).

They said our D was still having issues with the run and getting to the QB - glad we have dom and kevin to train up our guys. Cant wait for the improvmenets.

Pickett played nose and Raji only played DE (interesting huh). They talked up harrell a bit too. Might be a nice sub guy if he stays healthy.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.