Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Is he really in the top 10? I would challenge that openly.. here is just a few names that pop that could arguably be placed ahead of Jennings at this point.. you can argue point on one or two of them.. but staking a claim to a top 10 receiver openly isn't a slam dunk.

Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
Randy Moss, Patriots
Andre Johnson, Texans
Reggie Wayne, Colts
Calvin Johnson, Lions
Anquan Boldin, Cardinals
Steve Smith, Panthers
Lee Evans, Bills
Roddy White, Falcons
Terrell Owens, Bills
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Seahawks

Would I take all of them over Jennings.. probably not.. actually most I would rather have Jennings complete package (on and off the field) than some of the others.. but that doesn't change the fact that as a pure football player his numbers don't stand out.

My point is Packer nation seems to worship the ground upon which Jennings feet lay... he is a talented receiver without a doubt.. but he isn't a HOF candidate in the making at this moment.. but he has plenty of years ahead of him to change that..

"pack93z" wrote:

You challenge all you want. It never hurts to be wrong now and then. :)

I'm a Badger homer and even I know Lee Evans is not a top ten. lol

I bet Jennings has better numbers than most of them in that list this season.

Catches 16th
Yards 6th
Touchdowns 8th
20+ yards for a catch 2nd
40+ yards for a catch 1st
First Downs 12th
Fumbles 26th

That was Jennings in '08 ... while sharing duties with Donald Driver and having a RB that totaled more than 1200 yards and in an offense lead by a first year starting QB.

I say he's top ten.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I agree with Zero.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
LOL.. we could add more names to the list.. you disagree with Lee Evans.. we can argue receiver by receiver all day. Simply put Evan's numbers matchup pretty well with Jennings and he hasn't had the luxury of working with a stable QB in his career either.. watch a Buffalo game and watch how the defense rolls to Evans protecting the corner.. with TO there now.. watch Evan's numbers absolutely explode..

Back to my point, I think Jennings belongs in the top 10 discussion yet not a slam dunk to be included. But I also contend that Jennings his highly over touted in the Cyber Packer world...

Again.. on that list.. I probably won't chose many players over Jennings in terms of total package.. but worshiping him as a "god" is overboard as well..

Jennings has had the benefit of playing with two highly skilled QB's, a strong receiver core around him the past two seasons in which his numbers have escalated.

Now that doesn't mean Jennings has been carried along, it just mean that he has been placed into a situation that is ripe for success.. that is a product of good management, good offensive passing scheme, and stable talent around him..

Again.. I relish the fact that Greg Jennings is on the Packers.. he is the type of player you want on your team. I just happen to think Packer Nation goes a little overboard on the hype button.

God forbid that this contract talks break down.. we all seen how Packer nation turned on Javon Walker when up to that point he was a model player in terms of attitude and off the field charity.. I would hate to see another player fall from the lofty grace of Packer nation.. think it can't happen.. it has to one of the most legendary figures in the franchises history..

I think it a mistake to over praise a single player within the franchise..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
So Evans NUMBERS match up eh? Should we really be judging a player by the numbers they put up though? I'm trying to come over to your train of thought then you go right back to numbers. Gosh, I'm confused now. :P

I won't dispute he's over hyped by some of the Packers fans. With knowing that and seeing that, I won't let that make me feel he's not one of the top ten WR in the game. I think of about six that I'd chose over him.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
Hey Z, did you see what happened when I had the sheer audacity to put something humorous in the Greg Jennings thread?

I got jumped on like a T-bone in a velociraptor enclosure.

I think the word desecration was used...

All I gotta say about all that is I would have hoped that some folk had learned their lesson right around the time a certain QB went on to greener pastures...

If Greg Jennings continues to play at this level or above, I'd imagine there will be toll booths at the state lines in order that us "outsiders" might have the honor and privilege of stepping foot in the same state that Greg lives and plays in.
Pack93z
14 years ago

So Evans NUMBERS match up eh? Should we really be judging a player by the numbers they put up though? I'm trying to come over to your train of thought then you go right back to numbers. Gosh, I'm confused now. :P

I won't dispute he's over hyped by some of the Packers fans. With knowing that and seeing that, I won't let that make me feel he's not one of the top ten WR in the game. I think of about six that I'd chose over him.

"SlickVision" wrote:

LOL... I was actually feeding off your claim to numbers in another thread.. but I agree numbers tell only a portion of the story.. hence why I add the instability at QB and lack of another receiver to help balance the coverage out.

That said.. I would take Jennings over Evans..

I think one could rate Jennings anywhere from 5 to 15 and have the merits to argue the point.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
IronMan
14 years ago
Greg Jennings is so studly, that I start him on my fantasy team during the bye week.
Pack93z
14 years ago

Hey Z, did you see what happened when I had the sheer audacity to put something humorous in the Greg Jennings thread?

I got jumped on like a T-bone in a velociraptor enclosure.

I think the word desecration was used...

All I gotta say about all that is I would have hoped that some folk had learned their lesson right around the time a certain QB went on to greener pastures...

If Greg Jennings continues to play at this level or above, I'd imagine there will be toll booths at the state lines in order that us "outsiders" might have the honor and privilege of stepping foot in the same state that Greg lives and plays in.

"dfosterf" wrote:

LOL.. yes, I think it may be time to let my case rest a bit.. with the rules being exploited to make the passing game more dynamic.. the talent of wide receivers is being skewed more and more each year.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I think one could rate Jennings anywhere from 5 to 10 and have the merits to argue the point.

"pack93z" wrote:

Agreed. :)

btw, I never made a claim that numbers tell all. I said that it was ALL I had to go on with said player 🙂 ... don't be going dhazer on me or I'll 66 on your ass! lol
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

Greg Jennings is so studly, that I start him on my fantasy team during the bye week.

"IronMan" wrote:

LOL... I knew sooner or later you would interject in this thread.. :lol:
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (11h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (22h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (22h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.