Dulak
  • Dulak
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Lets have a discussion on who the starters will be for our lines.
Dulak
  • Dulak
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
To be honest I'm not quite sure how pickett will do as the NT (seems like he is getting ALL the play there).

If harrell, jenkins and jolly all can play it will be tough to figure out whom will start.

Harrell might turn out to be pretty good.

My guess is jenkins, pickett and harrell (but we may see raji in there if he shows something special).

As far as offense; I'm going to give my picks tomorrow when I have more time to write.
Blank402
14 years ago
D-line:
LDE: Harrell
NT: Pickett
RDE: Jenkins

O-line:
LT: Clifton
LG: Colledge
C: Spitz
RG: Sitton
RT: Giacomini
blank
beast
14 years ago
OL:

LT: CLifton (because who else is there?... not much)
LG: Colledge (he was the best OL last year)
C: Spitz (best C the Packers have, hand down if he stops fumbling the snaps which he did late.)
RG: (Best run blocker; needs to work on pass blocking but should get better)
RT: Barbre (he's not as raw as Breno or Lang)

DL:

DE: Harrell
NT: Pickett
DE: Jenkins
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
I have been thinking about projections for a while.

LT: Chad Clifton

Let's just hope he's not this years version of KGB.

LG: Daryn Colledge

They seem to be pretty happy with Colledge at LG.

C: Jason Spitz

He's bigger than Scott Wells and I think they view him as a long-term center. So do I actually.

RG: Josh Sitton

Another bigger body than usual. I think a lot of us have high expectations for him. I know I do.

RT: T.J. Lang

Long-term, I think they view him as a LG for when they move Colledge to LT, but for now, Lang seems to be the best fit at RT. Honestly it's anyone's guess, but I think Lang is just going to be more polished even as a rookie than either Barbre or Breno. The darkhorse might be Duke Preston who is has the size to play it. In fact on paper, I would say he's clearly a RT. I'm not sure what Buffalo was doing with him at center.

DE: Cullen Jenkins

Has the size for the system and might provide a bit of a pass rush too. I think he'll make the adjustment.

NT: Ryan Pickett

They'll alternate B.J. Raji and Ryan Pickett quite a bit. I suspect both will see around the same snaps at nose tackle. Pickett probably starts though.

DE: B.J. Raji

I think they'll start their three best defensive lineman. If Raji beats out Pickett then I expect Pickett to start at DE.
DakotaT
14 years ago
DE: Jenkins - Harrell
NT: Pickett - Raji
DE: Jolly - Harrell/ Malone

LT: Clifton - Merideth
LG: College - Lang
C: Spitz - Preston
RG: Sitton - Preston
RT: Giacommi - Babre

The day Clifton goes down, those two spots on the left side will be interesting. We already know that College can plat LT, but why move him if someone else steps up.

I want a heavy rotation on D-line. Harrell better keep his ass out of the hot tub this year because we need him. Otherwise he may as well be released and we can move on. Less frustration for all.

I think we only keep 9 o-lineman this year and stash a project on the practice squad. Sorry Wells and Moll. Hopefully they release you in enough time to catch on somewhere else.

It's hard to know what is going on with Tausch.
UserPostedImage
FloridaPacker88
14 years ago
I think were gonna see a solid rotation on the D-line

Our starting front IMO will look like this

Harell/Raji/Pickett

Pickett/Raji

Jenkins/Raji/Pickett

With Raji and Pickett swapping in and out at end and Nose tackle along with Harrell and Jenkins at end. If Jolly is able to play he'll see some time in rotation at both end spots as well.

On the O-line I think were gonna see a good shake up, I think Mike McCarthy want's some more girth up front and is willing to to sacrifice a little athleticism in order to get some true grinders out there.

LT- Chad Clifton (despite faultering a little last year, there is still no one close to his level at LT). Jamon Meredith backs him.

LG- Daryn Colledge (He's put on some muscle and really had a coming out party last year, he was by far our most consistent Linemen IMO).

C- Jason Spitz (He's got a little more upper body strength than wells, but it'll be a very a heated competition between the two).

RG- Josh Sitton (Was a favorite to take this spot last year before injury sidelined him, he has the physicallity that Mike McCarthy wants to see more of in a starting linemen).

RT- TJ Lang (a lot of people doubt his abillity to play on the edge, but He's got plenty good enough feet, and has that nasty streak to be a mauler out on the right side), Babre should be his only true competition and could very well take this spot as well.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (7h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (8h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (8h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.