Pack93z
14 years ago

Whoa whoa whoa. In that post, I took "comes off as a sniffling little spoiled Cali dickhead" as a general statement about Rodgers overall, not in this one interview, as there was no qualifier. My bad.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Sorry if it wasn't clear that I was speaking of directly of this interview only... lay the blame where it belongs.. me not being clear.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dingus
14 years ago
It's not calling someone out when you respond to a question posed to you by someone else.

This is what Homer says:
"If I'm Aaron Kampman, I say guys, I'm glad you're going to the 3-4 but you gotta pay me, you say you believe in me then pay me cuz if we were still in the 4-3 then you'd pay me. Don't tell me that you believe I can make the change, show me that you believe I can make the change by extending my contract. Is that a reasonable position to have as a player?"

Kampman, isn't holding out, or whining, or saying anything at all.

Rodgers was responding to a hypothetical posed to him by a talk radio host, not calling him out, not bringing it up on his own.

9 pages of discussion over a silly hypothetical question and counting.

I also wonder how some of you come to the conclusion that he's "pissed" or "arrogant" from a 5 minute soundbite on a dumb ass jock sports talk show. He's a 24 year old football player, not an ambassodor or politician. What do you expect from these people? Did every one of you express yourself perfectly when you were 24?

I think the banner under DD80's username says it all, Pro Favre.
blank
dingus
14 years ago
Good job nonstop, most coherent post so far.
blank
RaiderPride
14 years ago
Non Stop-

I love your posts.

They are very, very good.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Way to grasp at straws there. lol

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

It's one of my best qualities......
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

People like Gravedigga and DD80 just come in here to blast Aaron Rodgers because he took over for Brett. Brett does no wrong, he could break Greg Jennings leg in practice and he would be praised for it by these two people.

Back on topic, I don't think Rodgers should have been so pissy with these interviewers, because they did nothing for him to be like that. Who knows though, maybe it was a bad day for him.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

How did I blast Aaron? I just said he should stay out of it. Whooaaaaa, what a blast.

By your logic, you saying "I don't think Rodgers should have been so pissy with these interviewers" is technically blasting him too. Quit it you favre lover.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Gravedigga
14 years ago

I wish I could read it for you

Kampy is at camp, just unhappy but not missing any vital time

Walker was holding out.

Big difference between being a leader and a talking head for your step-father

"longtimefan" wrote:

And you wonder why people think your a dick?

If just once you could be critical or offer an opinion without making a nasty remark then maybe people would respect you more...

"dd80forever" wrote:

Come on, you know you wanted to laugh.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
RaiderPride
14 years ago
I think most of us know the people here who have a hate on for Aaron.

One can make decipher single comment by certain posters, based on the history of the poster's posts in regard to that player.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Gravedigga
14 years ago

I'm starting to think that Rodgers is just a prick.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I was going to stay out of this debate -- simply because my bias toward Aaron Rodgers is too well known and I knew I wouldn't be able to stay objective -- but I found statements like this so amazing that I have to respond. With all due respect, this statement represents a gross double standard that I can't understand.

The fact is we all KNOW Brett Favre was a prick. The stories of his prickishness were legion: being late to meetings, rudeness to fans, refusal to sign autographs for kids, drunken all-nighters, drug addiction, etc. etc. etc. People I know from Green Bay tell me that he and his posse were absolute bastards in the bars back in the day. Hell, his own wife packed her bags to leave him and he had to beg her on his knees to stay. And now the whole drama the past two years. He was a prick and remains a prick. And yet he has received nothing but blind adulation from fans for almost two decades. And that's fine! I don't hold that against anyone. He did some amazing things on the field, where it counts.

But in stark contrast we have Aaron Rodgers, about whom absolutely no such stories have emerged. Who has been almost unfailingly friendly and gracious, has kept a cool head under extreme pressure, has gone out of his way to ingratiate himself to his teammates. Yet somehow he's received nothing but flak from so many fans. He makes two less-than-tactful comments over the course of the year -- comments which in their broad context make a lot of sense -- and now he's a prick? He even gets called out for going on dates with hot women (yes, at least once on this very board) . . . from some of the very same people who I've seen brag about how hot Deanna Favre is?

I couldn't care less whether anyone in Packer Nation likes Rodgers or not (though why you wouldn't is beyond me), but in my opinion, anyone who wants to call him out for his peccadilloes damn well better be willing to call Favre into account for his mistakes, too.

As Jesus so famously said, "How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:4-5).

Amen. ;)

How come, every time someone criticizes Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre is immediately referenced. This is not the Brett Favre section. This is not involving Brett. Why do people feel the need to bring up what Brett may have done in order to defend Rodgers. 1. Rodgers is not Favre. It's like saying, well, Dan Marino used to yell and scream at his receivers so how come Jay Fiedler cant do it. Or, Jerry Rice used to demand the ball so how come JJ Stokes can not. He is not Favre, get it?

And bringing up everything Favre ever did is real classy. Vicodin, problems with his wife, not signing autographs. Did it ever occur to you that he overcame his drug addiction which many in the NFL can not and keep quiet about. Problems with his wife? Many people have had problems with wives. Cheated on them, had fights, arguments, etc. It's none of anyones business unless he beats her up. Autographs. Ever occur to you that, as the most popular player in the nfl for the last 18 years, he gets requests all day every day and it can get overwhelming. If you catch someone on a bad day, they are labeled as a "prick" as you say.

When Rodgers does something in this league, then he can pop off at the mouth. Till then, nobody wants to hear any of his "shut up and get on board" bullshit. Have a winning season, win a game from behind, than talk.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Way to sidestep every point I made, Gravedigga. I hope the strawman you hung at least gets the courtesy of a decent burial.
UserPostedImage