DarkaneRules
14 years ago
100 million... JESUS!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I'm sure we could have gotten him for less, that was just a Dan Snyder type deal.

But I'm happy with what we have, and that is Raji and Matthews. I think Raji can and will grow into one of the best NTs in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

I'm sure we could have gotten him for less, that was just a Dan Snyder type deal.

But I'm happy with what we have, and that is Raji and Matthews. I think Raji can and will grow into one of the best NTs in the NFL.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I like Raji's potential as a 3-4 defensive end, i think he could be special. As a nose tackle, i'm not so impressed.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

The guy would have given our D instant credibility like Reggie White did in the 90's.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I don't see it. When you compare their numbers after 7 years, there's just no comparison. Haynesworth looks like an amateur next to White.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Raji must stay a hybrid tackle. They need to look elsewhere after Pickett for the NT position because I think Raji will really dominate in that DE position and make the rotation sound as hell barring too many injuries. It is Justin's time to prove his worth.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
warhawk
14 years ago

This offense could be one of the best in the league if we could run the ball. Unfortunately, we dont have the lineman to be a good running team. With no balance, we're gonna have too many points in games where Aaron will have to win it with a great play and I don't think he's there yet.

I would rather us have gotten 2 O-lineman with our first picks and defense later. Pickett can handle the middle and we can find plug guys on the D-line and i'm not sold on Matthews on being an outstanding OLB. He might be solid but i dont know about outstanding, kind of like A.J.

I'm not slamming Ted Thompson so just relax, it's just my opinion. Almost never draft running backs & OLB's in the first round unless you see a cant miss superstar.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I really can't agree with this.

We WERE one of the best offenses in the league and I believe we will still be there this year.

We finished 6-10 because our defense failed over and over again so I don't see how the solution could be using all the same guys and "plug" guys to get us where the defense needs to be.

Our defense finished 23rd and they decided to go 3-4. Once you commit to something you go get players that work in that system. Your not going to have everybody on the team that you need when you make a switch like that.

Whether you have confidence in Arod to bring the team back or not becomes much less of a concern when you have a defense that can hold opponents from scoring points late in the game.

Numbers don't lie. 5th offensively and 23rd defensively. It's hard to argue for more offensive power with those numbers.

"warhawk" wrote:

That's fine but I just don't see Raji and especially Matthews as impacting out team as much as a couple of nice o-lineman like Oher and a nice guard. Hell, with our cap space, we could have picked up a 3-4 linebacker with experience and................haynesworth.........ok im sorry, i know 100 million but, damn. The guy would have given our D instant credibility like Reggie White did in the 90's.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Oher was like the fifth rated OT in the draft and Raji was considered one of the better DL to come out of college in awhile. I don't know how you could count on Oher to have a quicker impact than Raji when Oher was very inconsistant in college and is projected to take longer than some of the other OT's before he produces.

There were no "nice guards" in the draft after the one everybody thought would go fairly early dropped like a rock.

You don't draft based on who you think can start the earliest or fill a hole in their rookie year anyhow. You draft based on those guys becoming key factors on the team over a period of years.

Right now with the team going 3-4 and needing those type players I am not even going to question the moves they made in the draft after the kind of year our defense had last year. Besides, the last three years most of our earlier draft picks were on the offensive side of the ball.

Investing in the defense was overdue IMO.
"The train is leaving the station."
cheeseheads123
14 years ago

Yeah I was pissed when McCarthey started running the ball when we got in the red zone. Why not just go with what works, and that is Rodgers throwing down in that area.

If I remember correctly, he did not throw a single INT in the red zone.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

yeah something like 19 tds and 0 interceptions.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The guy would have given our D instant credibility like Reggie White did in the 90's.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I don't see it. When you compare their numbers after 7 years, there's just no comparison. Haynesworth looks like an amateur next to White.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Excuse me if i came off wrong. Haynesworth, nor anyone else is Reggie White. Reggie earned his huge salary from being the best there ever was, consistently over many years along with being an individual of the highest character. That said, Haynesworth is unblockable without 2 people at least.

Found something interesting in the stats you provided.

Haynesworth has 24 sacks in 7 seasons. Reggie had 21 sacks in 12 games in 1987.

Haynesworth has 200 tackles in 7 seasons. Reggie had 713 in 7 seasons including 133 in a single season.

In the first 7 seasons, reggie didn't miss a game after his rookie season. Haynesworth has missed a game in every year after his rookie year and has missed 22 in total over the past 6 years. Thats almost 1/4 of the season average.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
How well does Haynesworth fit into a 3-4 scheme?
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Raji must stay a hybrid tackle. They need to look elsewhere after Pickett for the NT position because I think Raji will really dominate in that DE position and make the rotation sound as hell barring too many injuries.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

100% agree

It is Justin's time to prove his worth.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Or lack of
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.