Rockmolder
14 years ago

I agree with gotrace, if someone wants to make good money for tickets so be it, last time i checked the country is in a recession and people are losing their jobs. So this might be a way for some of those people will be able to pay off a few bills with that money. It's no different than the guys selling me their Steeler tickets so i can goto the Steeler Packer game. If those people were smart they would have those tickets on ebay.

"dhazer" wrote:

If you want to sell your tickets, go ahead. You're not forced to attend every single game and, like you said, a couple of extra bucks can always come in handy in these times.

Problem is, why sell them to Vikings fans? Do you really want to sell the tickets to them for a couple of extra dollars? I'm pretty sure that there are enough Packer fans who want to buy them as well, maybe for a bit less, but c'mon. A season ticket isn't a money investment. Or actually, it is, but shouldn't be. If you're just having these things to sell them to the highest bidder, regardless of team, you shouldn't have them at all.
dhazer
14 years ago
ever think maybe its going to viking fans that never been to green bay for a game? I know alot of Steeler fans that would love to go there for a game but from what i am reading you people wouldn't allow them because they aren't Packer fans. Lambeau is a tourist attraction that many people want to see. I see nothing wrong with making good money off the tickets, why aren't people bitching about the other games we have in green bay and people selling those tickets.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
There are single game tickets you can buy of the web, right? I just think that they shouldn't take away tickets from the Packers own fanbase, who are on a waiting list for years, and then sell them to their biggest enemies to make a profit out of it. If you can't pay for the season tickets, then use them like a time-share thing or just sell them. There's no reason to hold on to them and then sell them game-by-game for inflated prices. And like I said in my last post, it's Lambeau Field, not Purple Field, it's our homefield, of course there should be more tickets for the Packers fans, regardless of how much of a tourist attraction it is.

And I'd be against this for every game, it's just that the Vikings are our biggest rivals and I can hardly see you as a real fan when you have the time and means to go the game and then sell it to a Vikings fan for some extra income. Apart from missing Favre play for the Vikings, you're giving our home field advantage away.
mi_keys
14 years ago
There is no way there are not Packer fans willing to pay the same price as any Viking fan would. Intentionally seeking out fans of the opposition is bullshit if that is in fact what they are doing and I understand the op correctly. As people have said, Packers season ticket holders, if they're going to sell them, should at least try and keep the game as heavily populated with cheeseheads as possible. Other teams force opposing fans to buy preseason bundles with regular season tickets or set caps on the number of tickets available so the least we can do when we have our season tickets is keep them amongst fellow Packer fans.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Cheesey
14 years ago
It really doesn't bother me that much. Heck, the only way i EVER got to see a Packer game in GB was because some person sold their season tickets. And if they can get extra money from some Viking fans, so be it.

Try to look at it this way R.P.................think about 20 thousand Viking fans, that dished out $500, drove for many hours, just to see their team get THRASHED by the Packers in GB! THAT would be sweet!
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
Brett Favre remains retired but is a free agent.

Let's not say anything unless he actually signs with another team.
blank
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The Biggest Traitor, Turn coat, and Judas will not be on the feild wearing purple Nov 1st when the Vikings come to town.

The biggest back stabber will be the season ticket holders who sell their season ticket/tickets to Viking Fans.

I have read on several sites that (Some.) Packer Season Ticket Holders are salivating at the thought of the cash they will grab from Viking fans when Nov 1st rolls around. I think something should be done about it.

Perhaps the Packers need to pull aside every person going through the gates wearing a purple jersey.and record the seat and section number they have, cross reference it to the data base and pull those tickets from that season ticket holder.

With a waiting list as long as it is for many TRUE Packer fans this would be a wonderful opportunity to refresh the season ticket holder base and increase the enthusiasm of being a True Packer Fan Season Ticket Holder.

NOW... I know this is not feasible... But my point is this.

What true Packer Fan would not want to be at that game. Experience it.

Then.... Choose to grab some easy cash. Plus.... Take away one less contributor to the crowd noise when the Vikings line up under centre and the Viking QB is trying to bark out the calls.

There are enough individual game tickets out there for Viking Fans to purchase... But to sell your Prestigious Season Ticket to a Viking fan for that game is John Booth like.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Bad economy and employment situation. People cant find jobs out there and are broke.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
musccy
14 years ago
I get the whole literal/practical argument - it's a free country, recession, blah blah.

The argument lies in the whole philosophical (for lack of a better term) angle that others have pointed out...not appreciating the ticket, home field advantage, the thousands on the waiting list etc.

We all take a lot of pride in being "the greatest fans in the NFL" but selling tickets to vikings fans is the antithesis of this.
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well, i also see the angle this way. Times are tough, and the people that have the season tickets might be going through tough times too. If they can sell ONE ticket to pay for the rest of the season worth of tickets, i can't really blame them. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices. So i don't really blame them that much. Now, if they are NOT in a financial pickle, and sell them to Viking fans, then i say BOIL THEM IN OIL!!! (j/k!)
Heck, my wife wanted to buy me a ticket for that game. I told her NO. Thats too much money, that we can't afford. Do i WANT to go? HECK YES!!! But i'm not going to put us in a bad situation just so i can go see a football game.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
14 years ago
I think that people are assuming Viking fans are willing to pay more. If a GB fan is willing to pay the same amount I would think the tickets would be sold to the GB fan.

I have no problem with someone selling their tickets, it's their tickets. Personally, I would try to sell to a GB fan. But if an opposing fan offered an extra 2-3-4-500 dollars it would be hard to turn down.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (11h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (11h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (11h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (14h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.