LordFootball
14 years ago
I have tickets to that game and will be selling them. I'll actually be in Jamaica that week so it makes it an easy decision for me. Usually I would sell these tickets to a friend for cost but there will be some serious money to be made here.

However if I was going to be around and someone offered $250 - $300 per ticket I'd probably sell them. I've been going to 4 - 6 games per year for almost 10 years now (I was lucky enough to score tickets during the renovations) so I am a little spoiled that way. I absolutely hate sitting next to fans from the opposite team but $money$ is the root of all evil and I'm open for business.

Once Favray makes his official decision on playing for the Queens I'll be putting those tickets on ebay for sale to the highest bidder no matter which fan base they're from. If I could sell them for a little cheaper to a Packer Fan I would but ebay doesn't work that way.
blank
Bigbyfan
14 years ago

I get the whole literal/practical argument - it's a free country, recession, blah blah.

The argument lies in the whole philosophical (for lack of a better term) angle that others have pointed out...not appreciating the ticket, home field advantage, the thousands on the waiting list etc.

We all take a lot of pride in being "the greatest fans in the NFL" but selling tickets to vikings fans is the antithesis of this.

"dhazer" wrote:

News flash. On the whole, we haven't been anywhere near the greatest fans in the NFL over the past few years. The reception Aaron Rodgers got in training camp alone solidifies that. Then there is all the infighting and bickering about a past player vs. the current team. Hatred for the GM, including thinly veiled death threats on boards and blog comment pages. No. We are not the greatest fans in the NFL anymore. If we want that title back, we're going to have to earn it.

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

That might be true, but who would get that title? In the stadium, they're still the greatest fans, although some of them are going overboard on the Ted hatred and they where pretty bad on Rodgers, they did accept Rodgers pretty fast and having Ted's head in a scope and what not, is pretty much a few that went overboard.

Maybe we've lost the Nr. 1 spot, but who would be the new nr. 1? The Colts fans who just jumped on the train when Peyton started playing well and will most likely be jumping on the basketball bandwagon when the Colts start to suck? Or the Chiefs fans who did way worse things to Croyle than we did to Rodgers? And those are not the 'bad' franchises like the Eagles.

Given, the Packers fans haven't been that great as of late, but it's not like they're falling down or anything.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I'd give the title to the Steelers fans. They travel as well as any other fan base. I went to the Redskins game when they played the Steelers and half the stadium was swinging Terrible Towels. The fans were nothing but classy at the game, oppsed to the Skins fans that were... not so nice lol. Anytime I watch a game with the Steelers, no matter where the game is, you always see a bunch of Towels swinging.

They probably take the title for their traveling fanbase and overall class that they show towards their team and opposing fans.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I live right in the middle of Steeler Nation and there is nothing nice about them lol. They whine alot and get real crabby when their team loses. Trust me i love when they lose just to give them shit back like they give me. Hell most of the fans hate Big Ben lol

"musccy" wrote:

Oops :wickedfart:

Well from a distance they looked like decent fans...
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I live right in the middle of Steeler Nation and there is nothing nice about them lol. They whine alot and get real crabby when their team loses. Trust me i love when they lose just to give them shit back like they give me. Hell most of the fans hate Big Ben lol

"dhazer" wrote:

You live right in the middle of Steeler Nation. You see MORE fans therefore have a increased chance of seeing the prick fans as well.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You live right in the middle of Steeler Nation. You see MORE fans therefore have a increased chance of seeing the prick fans as well.

"dhazer" wrote:

It could be my personality also lol. I went to the bar last year for a game and they had the Packer game on one tv and the Steeler game on the rest which was fine with me. The Bartender loved that i wore my cheesehead and packer jersey in there because he is a Packer fan. The Packers would score a td and he would yell free drinks for Packer fans ๐Ÿ™‚ Well they had a drawing at 1/2 time for Steeler hats and stuff and he had me get into it. I put my name down as Steelers suck Packers are the Champs. Well the 1st thing they gave away was a sideline hat and he read off my paper lol. I had people offering to buy it and i said no because those 3 stars would work great for sighting in my deer rifle lol. They got a little pissy with me and laughed when the Packers got beat. They started calling me names and shit and actually threatened to break my back window in my jeep. I don't know why they wanted to do that ;)

But ya i was amazed at how many fans don't like Big Ben, they say he's a big baby and has a huge ego.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

I have tickets to that game and will be selling them. I'll actually be in Jamaica that week so it makes it an easy decision for me. Usually I would sell these tickets to a friend for cost but there will be some serious money to be made here.

However if I was going to be around and someone offered $250 - $300 per ticket I'd probably sell them. I've been going to 4 - 6 games per year for almost 10 years now (I was lucky enough to score tickets during the renovations) so I am a little spoiled that way. I absolutely hate sitting next to fans from the opposite team but $money$ is the root of all evil and I'm open for business.

Once Favray makes his official decision on playing for the Queens I'll be putting those tickets on ebay for sale to the highest bidder no matter which fan base they're from. If I could sell them for a little cheaper to a Packer Fan I would but ebay doesn't work that way.

"LordFootball" wrote:

More power to you. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. You do what you have to do. Enjoy Jamaica. Have some genuine chopped jerk chicken and think of your fellow PH posters. :lol:
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I would say the fans who don't like Big Ben are the intelligent ones. I cannot fathom why that man receives so much media attention. With the exception of a single season, his numbers are significantly below mediocre, the two rings notwithstanding. That defense would make any QB look okay.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
14 years ago

I would say the fans who don't like Big Ben are the intelligent ones. I cannot fathom why that man receives so much media attention. With the exception of a single season, his numbers are significantly below mediocre, the two rings notwithstanding. That defense would make any QB look okay.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

He is VERY clutch. When they need a long drive late in the game to win, he gets the job done. I can remember him doing it against the Ravens (leagues #2 defense) last year and he had a 90 yd drive to win the Super Bowl.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
My opinion to the thought.. if the fan selling the tickets has a financial need in these hard times and can garner more dough selling them to a Viking fan.. then so be it. I have no ill will for that action.. none.

In turn, these folks that squat on tickets just to peddle them.. yes I hold some contempt for them.. but even there I can appreciate their sense of basic economic principles and their efforts to make a revenue off the cash cow of the NFL.

I absolutely love the excitement of attending a game, but year after year I find the crowd a little more unappealing... I miss the crowds of the 70's and 80's that seemed to grasp the overall concept of the experience.. I think it might be different when I land season tickets and can start to form a little bit of a relationship with those season dwellers around you.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
14 years ago

My opinion to the thought.. if the fan selling the tickets has a financial need in these hard times and can garner more dough selling them to a Viking fan.. then so be it. I have no ill will for that action.. none.

In turn, these folks that squat on tickets just to peddle them.. yes I hold some contempt for them.. but even there I can appreciate their sense of basic economic principles and their efforts to make a revenue off the cash cow of the NFL.

I absolutely love the excitement of attending a game, but year after year I find the crowd a little more unappealing... I miss the crowds of the 70's and 80's that seemed to grasp the overall concept of the experience.. I think it might be different when I land season tickets and can start to form a little bit of a relationship with those season dwellers around you.

"pack93z" wrote:

I think back then Packz the fans were more there for the experience than it was to watch the games. We sucked back then and we would pick one game out of the year as our Super Bowl now we have become spoiled as fans with the winning thus we start bitching when we have 4 out of 5 non winning seasons. I said it before and maybe the losing will get the fans back to the best fans in the NFL instead of being behind the Steelers.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

I think back then Packz the fans were more there for the experience than it was to watch the games. We sucked back then and we would pick one game out of the year as our Super Bowl now we have become spoiled as fans with the winning thus we start bitching when we have 4 out of 5 non winning seasons. I said it before and maybe the losing will get the fans back to the best fans in the NFL instead of being behind the Steelers.

"pack93z" wrote:

See your buddy Aaron ROdgers was just trying to make you a better Packer fan ๐Ÿ™‚
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (2h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (2h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (3h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (19h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.