Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Develop him, trade him and take the bounty in another year or two. And, keep drafting and developing QBs.

"digsthepack" wrote:

Amen, brother! +1 to you, sir.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

Bring him in. Learn all of the offensive signals off of him. Load Woodson up with that knowledge. With Favre throwing, Woodson baiting him AND knowing exactly what is going to transpire... he could be looking at 5 picks a game. :lol: Even if the Vikings have to change shit up, it would still be funny as hell to screw with them like that. "Hey Brett... Darrell here. You know that playbook you "don't have" that you've been studying for when we officially bring you on board? Yeah, scrap all of the at-the-line terminology. We will fax you the new stuff. Try not to get confused."

"dhazer" wrote:

You do bring up a good point Mass but i'm thinking the other way. Don't you think that Favre can bring in alot of the knowledge of the Packer offense to the Vikes defense? After all you know they run the same type of offense and he knows it probably better than Mike McCarthy. It was just a thought i came up with when i saw your comment.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

The teams know each other so well that I'm not sure Favre could say anything that the Vikings don't already know. I would assume Minnesota's scouts take their jobs very seriously when it comes to scouting the Green Bay Packers.

Vice versa too. Jackson can't bring much to the Packers in that regard either. GB already knows what the Vikings are.
Pack93z
14 years ago

Develop him, trade him and take the bounty in another year or two. And, keep drafting and developing QBs.

"digsthepack" wrote:

To me, that was a mild disappointment this season is we didn't draft a late round QB with potential and try to develop him pressure free.. the Ron Wolf methodology..

On TJ.. my opinion is that guy has natural talent that hasn't been tapped by the piss poor playcalling in Minnesota.. they haven't done him many favors in development in helping him with calling some short quick rhythm type throws..

As far as his public speaking, there have been many a great players in this league that couldn't give a 30 second interview if their career depended on it..

I would be mixed if he landed with the Packers though.. he wants to compete for the starting spot, and there isn't a spot for him to do so with the Packers.. which IMO would lead him to become an issue..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Bring him in. Learn all of the offensive signals off of him. Load Woodson up with that knowledge. With Favre throwing, Woodson baiting him AND knowing exactly what is going to transpire... he could be looking at 5 picks a game. :lol: Even if the Vikings have to change shit up, it would still be funny as hell to screw with them like that. "Hey Brett... Darrell here. You know that playbook you "don't have" that you've been studying for when we officially bring you on board? Yeah, scrap all of the at-the-line terminology. We will fax you the new stuff. Try not to get confused."

"porky88" wrote:

You do bring up a good point Mass but i'm thinking the other way. Don't you think that Favre can bring in alot of the knowledge of the Packer offense to the Vikes defense? After all you know they run the same type of offense and he knows it probably better than Mike McCarthy. It was just a thought i came up with when i saw your comment.

"dhazer" wrote:

The teams know each other so well that I'm not sure Favre could say anything that the Vikings don't already know. I would assume Minnesota's scouts take their jobs very seriously when it comes to scouting the Green Bay Packers.

Vice versa too. Jackson can't bring much to the Packers in that regard either. GB already knows what the Vikings are.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

It always helps to know some tendencies, though. There was a reason that Gruden QB'd his team in practice before the SB. He knew all of Gannon's tendencies and favorite throws. Of course, this is slightly different, but T-jack should know where his CBs jump on, what kind of techniques their D-line likes to use on what downs and what not.

As for a late round QB, that would've been nice. That would've putten some sort of pressure on us, though. We could stash him on the practice squad for one year, most likely, but would have to sign him to the team after that if he's actually developping. Asuming that we'd just carry 3 QBs, that'd mean we'd have to either cut Flynn or Brohm. Brohm is a 2nd round pick who has potential and Flynn is the better QB, so it'd be hard to lose either of them. Of course, we could give up on one of the two after 2 years, but still, one extra year would come in handy.
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

To me, that was a mild disappointment this season is we didn't draft a late round QB with potential and try to develop him pressure free.. the Ron Wolf methodology..

On TJ.. my opinion is that guy has natural talent that hasn't been tapped by the piss poor playcalling in Minnesota.. they haven't done him many favors in development in helping him with calling some short quick rhythm type throws..

As far as his public speaking, there have been many a great players in this league that couldn't give a 30 second interview if their career depended on it..

I would be mixed if he landed with the Packers though.. he wants to compete for the starting spot, and there isn't a spot for him to do so with the Packers.. which IMO would lead him to become an issue..

"digsthepack" wrote:

Thank you - bashing these guys for poor speaking ability is unfair, IMO. McNair was a great on-field leader and (aside from what we're just hearing about now) a great man off the field, yet when he gave interviews you couldn't understand a word he said. Favre sounds, to my city-fied ears, like a total hick, but I don't see anyone calling that out. Because it means nothing.

Going after his ability on the field is perfectly fair - mocking his speech is just cold.
blank
porky88
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

It always helps to know some tendencies, though. There was a reason that Gruden QB'd his team in practice before the SB. He knew all of Gannon's tendencies and favorite throws. Of course, this is slightly different, but T-jack should know where his CBs jump on, what kind of techniques their D-line likes to use on what downs and what not.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Gruden is a coach though and someone who basically developed Rich Gannon and the Raiders into what they were.

Favre didn't develop anything. He's a player. His responsibilities are executing the play and not developing it.

Person who makes the car knows it's weakness. Person who drives it probably doesn't.

Favre might be able to say hey Jennings likes to run this route or watch what he does here, but the Vikings have so much film on Jennings that they probably already know.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. If GB plays well, theyll be just fine. As would any other team.
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

Gruden is a coach though and someone who basically developed Rich Gannon and the Raiders into what they were.

Favre didn't develop anything. He's a player. His responsibilities are executing the play and not developing it.

Person who makes the car knows it's weakness. Person who drives it probably doesn't.

Favre might be able to say hey Jennings likes to run this route or watch what he does here, but the Vikings have so much film on Jennings that they probably already know.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. If GB plays well, theyll be just fine. As would any other team.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

It wasn't that much in their advantage as in ours, I think. Habbits you develop like jumping certain routes in practice from playing with Favre for years, ought to help in a game. Favre didn't know a nickel from a 4-3 half his career. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and his intelligence is often very underrated, but I think that Woodson's work habit in training (camp) and experience with Favre might give him the edge here. Same goes for Harris and Kampman for instance. And that while our defense has totally changed, while their offense will be pretty much the same as it has always been. Minus the 'Loki' (=wildcat) formation.

The driver who drives the car might now know the specifics, but he knows what's wrong if he rides around with a rattling exhaust, which you can't see from the outside.
porky88
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

It wasn't that much in their advantage as in ours, I think. Habbits you develop like jumping certain routes in practice from playing with Favre for years, ought to help in a game. Favre didn't know a nickel from a 4-3 half his career. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and his intelligence is often very underrated, but I think that Woodson's work habit in training (camp) and experience with Favre might give him the edge here. Same goes for Harris and Kampman for instance. And that while our defense has totally changed, while their offense will be pretty much the same as it has always been. Minus the 'Loki' (=wildcat) formation.

The driver who drives the car might now know the specifics, but he knows what's wrong if he rides around with a rattling exhaust, which you can't see from the outside.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Packers know that they just got to get Favre excited and he'll make a mistake especially considering his emotions will be running high. It's much easy to peg a player on his specific weakness because he's an individual.

The key to beating the Vikings won't and for the sake of the Vikings shouldn't be Brett Favre. It's to stop Adrian Peterson.

If I'm the Packers, I play the game like it's not Brett Favre at QB. If they get to caught up on beating Favre, Minnesota will beat them so once again I'm not concerned about what Favre knows on the Packers and what the Packers know about Favre.

I assume a lot on either side, but I also assume that the Packers know a lot about the Vikings and vice versa. That's why division games are always so tough. Teams know each other so well.
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Yes, I agree. The point is to stop Peterson. They're going to have to throw it as well, though, and that's where we can get the ball back to our offense. Obviously, we can hit up Peterson some and hope that Atari goes back to his 2007 form and forces some fumbles, but it's far more likely that we can force Favre to make a turn-over.

Like you said, it won't give either side that much of an advantage, but I do think that Woodson, Harris and Collins will feel a little more comfortable jumping on a route when you know how the QB will throw it. Some of these things come easier when you've practiced with someone for years than just by watching gamefilm.
warhawk
14 years ago
First of all we get a lead in the game.

That always seems to cause Childress to start throwing it more.

Then Favre starts pressing. We get some pressure on him and somebody back there will take one to the house.

I predict Kampman will make their rookie RT, (Loadholdt) who is not a good pass blocker anyhow, look very bad in this game. That will be bad for Brett because it means having to move to his left where Jenkins and the ROLB will be coming, and, where it makes it harder for him to get much zip on the ball.

The key is getting the lead. Childress can't help himself from putting the ball up more and with Brett there it would be too much for him to hold off.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (45m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.