longtimefan
14 years ago
Just need to say this

Rodgers did cost the Packers 2 or 3 games with some ints at the end...All be it that some ints came very close to end of game, and not so far in enemy territory, he still threw ints

1 missed Fg in Minny ( 20 secs left) and one blocked FG in Chicago ( 25 secs left )

And the one that sticks out to me the most Texan game

If the 2 fgs were made ( those not Rodgers fault at all) and Moll does not get the holding call, the Texan game should been won, that SHOULD have been 3 wins and gives them a 9-7 record

Which would have meant the Bears 8-8 and the pack and minny tied for 1st

Yeah yeah yeah

would have could have...

Point is people say he is reason for the 0-8 in games in final 2 mins

I gave 3 games that were not Rodgers fault for losses
longtimefan
14 years ago
And DH, you only posted the pieces you agree with, and not parts that go against your thinking

and face it even tho links are giving to a story,not everyone reads all the story..Just what is posted..Which is what happened here,if your would included points you agree with along with points you disagree with, then maybe the arguing wouldnt happen?

And his coaches and teammates appear to echo the vibe from the majority of fans, who seem convinced that the Packers have themselves another outstanding quarterback.

"I think we do," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "We watched all 1,100 plays in the offseason. This guy is a good player. I believe that. Absolutely."

"It's easy to say Aaron is a 6-10 quarterback and it's all his fault and he's got to rally the troops," Philbin said. "Well, hey, we've got to do a better job coaching and everybody's got to play better, as does he.

djcubez
14 years ago
Hey everything that's been said is all in the past.

Yes, Rodgers' blew a couple good opportunities for us to take the lead late in the game and could not get it done in most 2-minute situations.

Yes, McCarthy played too conservatively, going for the field goal in the red zone and running with a bad run offense on short yardage situations.

Yes, Crosby missed (one blocked) two field goals that would (could) have changed the outcome of the game.

Yes, the offensive line was terrible, inconsistent and did not have the same players playing the same positions.

Yes, Grant was hampered by an injury and the organization was in a sticky situation as to his playing time because of his recent contract.

And YES, the defensive was TERRIBLE whenever we had the lead, but tended to dominate at other times.

However, every season is different. The Dolphins went from 1-15 to AFC East champs. The Ravens and Falcons got to the playoffs with rookie quarterbacks. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL and that is why we can't put too much into last season. Every season, game, quarter, play and split-second decision factors into the overall result. We have new players, new schemes, new coaches and a lot to be excited for. I understand the offseason is terribly excruciating but we have such reason for hope now it's hard not to be optimistic and forget about last season's misgivings.

Stats are just stats--numbers on paper. Football is football--a grinding, excruciating and physical game that tests your mental capacity, your stamina and your strength. And I am just myself--going insane realizing that I'm actually going to see the damn sport played in the next month. :thumbleft:
Dulak
14 years ago
I tell ya ... if there is anything on our offense I am looking for to improve its our Oline and rodgers ability to not get sacked as much (weather that is from moving better or picking up the blitz better).

and I would really like to see someone else besides grant carry the ball more ... but other then that I really dont have a problem with anything else ... err well. Our TEs ... but what ya going to do.

I can tell you my eyes will be glued to the TV when our D comes out.

NO more sanders ... we have capers with green and we'll be setting up a
3-4 50% of the time; along with some healthy beef upfront and a new ROLB.

Cant wait for that action
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
cmon guys if i posted something positive about Rodgers right away, people would think someone hijacked my name and posted lol. Basically i thought it was a good read and no i don't put all the blame on Rodgers but some has to, just like some goes on the defense and special teams and wrs and so on.

The whole team failed last year plain and simple.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago
I think Rodgers' improvement needs to come with his decision making on his reads and his audibling at the line of scrimmage when the defense throws a curve ball. We had the same guy running the show for a long time who could do all of this quickly. What Rodgers does do correctly is "eat the ball", instead of chucking up some quail. Please see the 4th and 26 game for the proper illustration.

For all intesive purposes, Rodgers was a rookie last year, albeit well prepared. 3 years holding a clipboard isn't the same as being under center.

And as for our buddy Dhaze, you shouldn't get mad when someone misinterperates something said in a certain post. You have a large body of work in which people with good memories refer to. It would be an extreme misuse of time to try and go back and correctly quote you.

As for Ryan and Flacco, they didn't not have to deal with the Diva Distraction like Rodgers had to. Haze, give Rodgers some credit there will ya? That had to have been a nightmare, and he handled it extremely well.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
  • dhazer
14 years ago
Yes he had great stats i give him that, but as far as his 1st year big deal, also think of it this way people ride Favre for his every year retirement ego. But yet he retires and then its so much pressure on Rodgers right? Well i don't think so because he was drafted for this time and he was prepared for 3 years for the drama seeing Brett did it everyday. He knew what was coming from day 1.

I hope Rodgers can still play at a decent level for another 5 years and i will be happy for it. This year will be a very telling year i think.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago
But was it fair for psychotic Brett lovers to treat Rodgers as a villain? Nobody needs that. The pressure was brought by Saint Brett by thinking he could skip OTA's and just waltz back in and take his job. And don't call me Favre hater either cause I love the guy, I just choose not to stick my head up his ass like others seem to.

The only QB we've seen take over for a legend was Steve Young. I think what Rodgers did last year compares more favorably to that than say Brian Griese in Denver or whoever took over form Marino.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

I question a defense that when given the lead, turns right around and allows the other teams offense to walk down the field with little resistance.
That happened game after game.

"Cheesey" wrote:

oh, you do that too? see, that's what i do...and i'm right in doing so. funny that people like talking about the QB's like they're the only fucking person on the team. yeah, we get it...celebrity status, etc.

i guarantee we're going to see bigger things from Rodgers this year as his confidence level will be much higher than last year when the entire football world was ready to sweep him under the carpet for not performing like a veteran Favre.

fucking bush league criticism.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

dhazer
  • dhazer
14 years ago

I question a defense that when given the lead, turns right around and allows the other teams offense to walk down the field with little resistance.
That happened game after game.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

oh, you do that too? see, that's what i do...and i'm right in doing so. funny that people like talking about the QB's like they're the only fucking person on the team. yeah, we get it...celebrity status, etc.

i guarantee we're going to see bigger things from Rodgers this year as his confidence level will be much higher than last year when the entire football world was ready to sweep him under the carpet for not performing like a veteran Favre.

fucking bush league criticism.

"Cheesey" wrote:

See stuff like i bolded is what i don't understand. How the hell can you guarantee something you have no control over, i could live with your predicting or hoping we see bigger things. But cmon how the hell can you guarantee anything. If he fails what do we get seeing you have a guarantee on it.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (7h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (7h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (8h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.