Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

Great now I have both Sgt Slaughters up my asstard. Remember I have an electric winch to pull you up with. Jump away.

"DakotaT" wrote:

LOL.. i have a 4500lb winch on the Chev... I think I may yank your ass down said cliff.

I give two cents whose issue in the end it is.. the faster Raji gets to camp the better it is for the Packers.

Pay the man a "fair" (I say that with my fist clinched... the whole lot coming in is overpaid) contract... say I give two pinches less how it looks in the press or what not and get this kid to camp.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago

I can't remember the last time the Packers had this much trouble signing a first-round pick. And this is in spite of the fact that there seems to be no animosity between the team and Raji. Just a weird market.

"Greg C." wrote:

That is the part that got me wound up in the first place.. we are applying no pressure what so ever.. now it seems no one is.. pretty soon it will be a curse to have a top 15 pick completely if this nonsense continues.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
14 years ago

Great now I have both Sgt Slaughters up my asstard. Remember I have an electric winch to pull you up with. Jump away.

"pack93z" wrote:

LOL.. i have a 4500lb winch on the Chev... I think I may yank your ass down said cliff.

I give two cents whose issue in the end it is.. the faster Raji gets to camp the better it is for the Packers.

Pay the man a "fair" (I say that with my fist clinched... the whole lot coming in is overpaid) contract... say I give two pinches less how it looks in the press or what not and get this kid to camp.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Pack a lunch old timer.

Agreed

Agreed
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
14 years ago

No worries at all...

Personally, for the Packers and their thin numbers along the defensive line this is a huge issue.

I love all the news coming out of Green Bay so far in camp, the attitude, the intensity, the hitting.. and here a major portion of the machine is sitting on the sidelines.. and everyone seems indifferent about it.

"pack93z" wrote:

I don't think its that fans don't care its just that it is a hard thing to comment on when we honestly have no idea whatsoever how the negotiations are working. All that we have to go off of is some anonymous sources saying whether there has been progress or not.

I admit that it doesn't seem like much is happening but the Packers organization hasn't been really open with what exactly is happening so I don't really want to comment on it.
blank
dfosterf
14 years ago
I don't know what we as a team can even be mad at.

Raji?

Because his agent is saying that there is a potential for getting paid many millions more than he would otherwise get if this thing falls a certain way?

His agent?

Because his agent is in a position that if he we were to act first and then it subsequently falls that Crabtree gets paid millions more than his own client, thereby creating a HUGE talking point for all other agents to say that he failed him in his fiduciary responsibilities (that will be the argument, next year)

OR WORSE-- (From the agent's perspective)

Raji is the only one that didn't get to participate in the windfall that occurred because he caved too soon.

I think the GBP see the problem, I just don't see how they can rectify it.

Put yourself in Dunn's shoes a moment.

I gave you guys a number. 23 million 5 years.

That is a 21% increase over last year, coupled with a one year reduction in the rookie contract.

The question is CAN he take that contract, more so than would he, given the circumstances surrounding his client's slot.

If Raji signed, would it move along the negotiations for the others?

No.

Not as long as Crabtree is sticking to his position. What Raji does is not relevant to his position. DHB is their talking point.

And what if the 49ers DO cave?

Do you think that we should now pay more than Crabtree got? Which, by extension, is obviously more than DHB got?

Assuming my obscene offer is reasonable, we are now talking about more than doubling it, getting into the arena of tripling it.

That, my friends, is quite a bit of space between positions.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago
We are doomed.. :lol:

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
To me, the place to look for progress on getting Raji signed has been the San Francisco Chronicle.

As I stated in a previous post, I was not impressed AT ALL with how Coach Mike S. approached the impasse, effectively dismissing it as "boys will be boys" and "I remember when I held out" etc.

I have been waiting for the media in SF to apply a little pressure of some sort on Crabtree.

Instead, what I just read was a columnist for the Chronicle applying pressure to the 49ers to pay him DHB money or better.

Great.

I wonder if Crabtree and his agent will read that.

doh
porky88
14 years ago

I kind of figured this. The Packers are not going to set the market. They're a conservative team when it comes to paying their players and rarely do you see them to go out of their way to set standards. Maybe the Aaron Rodgers deal could be used as an exception.

"pack93z" wrote:

Exactly the reason that we are always pushing the deadline to get deals done.. going first isn't always a bad thing, especially if you can work a fair deal in the process.

I fail to see why all teams and agents wait until crunch time to get this deals done.. puts artificial pressure on the negotiations and will probably lead to some provisions that is unfair to one side or the other..

"porky88" wrote:

It's also incredibly risky to workout a bad deal for your side just for the sake of seven days of camp. The reason why the Packers are where they are with their salary cap is because they know how to get value for their dollar. Yes their are some exceptions, but for the most part this regime has put a huge emphasis on value and it's helped the salary cap in a big way. There is no reason to set a poor precedent just for the sake of seven days of camp for a player who'll make his biggest impact in the future.
vegOmatic
14 years ago
I suppose this all is high drama for some, normal business negotiations for others. Just depends on what flavor you like your spin.
blank
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
14 years ago

I kind of figured this. The Packers are not going to set the market. They're a conservative team when it comes to paying their players and rarely do you see them to go out of their way to set standards. Maybe the Aaron Rodgers deal could be used as an exception.

"porky88" wrote:

Exactly the reason that we are always pushing the deadline to get deals done.. going first isn't always a bad thing, especially if you can work a fair deal in the process.

I fail to see why all teams and agents wait until crunch time to get this deals done.. puts artificial pressure on the negotiations and will probably lead to some provisions that is unfair to one side or the other..

"pack93z" wrote:

It's also incredibly risky to workout a bad deal for your side just for the sake of seven days of camp. The reason why the Packers are where they are with their salary cap is because they know how to get value for their dollar. Yes their are some exceptions, but for the most part this regime has put a huge emphasis on value and it's helped the salary cap in a big way. There is no reason to set a poor precedent just for the sake of seven days of camp for a player who'll make his biggest impact in the future.

"porky88" wrote:

Let's be honest here, most of the time I would be willing to bet there isn't a huge gap between where we start with the process and where the overall numbers end.. the provisions in the contract probably get adjusted greatly.. most notably the guaranteed money.. but unless the guy completely bombs out or suffers a drastic injury, 1st rounders are going to play out that guaranteed money to try to recapture that investment.

In other words, lots of hand wringing for not a ton of concessions, yes there are exceptions, but most of the time the gap doesn't seem huge.

I suppose this all is high drama for some, normal business negotiations for others. Just depends on what flavor you like your spin.

vegOmatic wrote:

What high drama.. more just discussing an issue that is affecting the ball club. Part of this delay very well might be by design... what better way to drum up a focus on fixing this issue in the next CBA than to have the numbers support that it is an issue.. the number of rookies sitting out in camp going into negotiations at the league level.

There is a reason that there is not a lot of press statements with the amount of rookies sitting in wait.

Drama.. No.. Discussing a broken process.. yes. IMO, the process shouldn't have to include rookies missing camp. There is months between the draft and the start of camp, some of the deadest months of the year. The process doesn't seem to capitalize on that time to ensure employees aren't missing time.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.