Stevetarded
14 years ago

You have to look at the big picture.

Which DB, LB and WR gets cut so Ted can sign some extra insurance on the D-line?

This does impact the final 53 roster spots.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

well according to pack93z's chart we currently have 11 lineman for 3 spots so I think probably none of those get cut.
blank
British
14 years ago

You have to look at the big picture.

Which DB, LB and WR gets cut so Ted can sign some extra insurance on the D-line?

This does impact the final 53 roster spots.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

Sad to see that my man Bustin' Justin looks crocked again. It's not like he's a bad kid or is garbage, it just appears he doesnt have the body for this game. Draft picks like him are high risk high reward (like oft-injured Adrian Peterson).

As for cutting him, it doesnt make much sense, the way his contract is we save about five bucks by cutting him compared to keeping him at this point.

He's already admitted this offseason he should have gone on IR in 2008 instead of trying to fight it. I can see us putting him on IR for the season, we dont lose any money by doing so and it frees up a roster spot.

That gives him a full year to rehab for one final shot next year, the last of his contract, to see if he can heal up.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago
This was posted at another forum about Harrell's latest injury.

"I'm not worried unless a trend develops."

Priceless.
dfosterf
14 years ago
On the lighter side of life, maybe British can incorporate some additional imagery into his signature to fit developments.

I'll start

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
He's costing us $460,000 this season. I say throw him on the PUP list if he misses all practices this week. If he's not playing in the 3rd pre season game due to injury, PUP him and move on.

I've lost my hope in this young man. Nothing personal, I just do not think his body can take the pounding.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
OMG.

Just give the man a new freakin' back.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Stick a fork in him....he's done. It's a shame too, cause i believe he WANTS to play. He just can't physically hold up, even in PRACTICE.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
A counter intuitive opinion of most... enjoy and loathe.. your choice. ;)

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090812/PKR07/90812135/1057/PKR&located=rss 

Mike Vandermause column: Give Harrell another year

By Mike Vandermause August 12, 2009

Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson was booed when he selected defensive lineman Justin Harrell in the first round of the 2007 draft. In the nearly 2 years since, nothing has happened to sway the opinion of those disgruntled fans.

Harrell has been a bust in two injury-plagued seasons with the Packers. He has played in just 13 of a possible 32 games. On the rare occasions when he has appeared on the field, Harrell has made little or no impact.

This season was supposed to be different. Harrell proclaimed his bothersome back completely healthy in the offseason, and he was part of the starting unit during the early days of training camp.

Predictably, it didnt last.

Harrell has essentially been out of commission for the past week. At first, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the team was being smart with Harrell and resting him. On Tuesday, McCarthy reported that Harrell has back spasms and will be out indefinitely.

Add another sad chapter to Harrells injury-plagued career.

Skeptics say if the Packers really wanted to be smart with Harrell, they would cut their losses and release him. Harrell has been the subject of derision with each successive injury, but that is misguided.

Thompson deserves the brunt of the criticism for reaching high in the first round with the 16th overall pick to draft a player with an extensive injury history. Harrell was damaged goods in college, but Thompson ignored those red flags and drafted him anyway.

So it shouldnt come as a big surprise that Harrell cant stay healthy in the NFL. Thompson took a calculated gamble and lost.

The Packers have invested $7.1 million in Harrell and in return have received two starts, 37 tackles and no sacks. Thats not a lot of bang for their buck.

But despite Harrells lack of productivity and his most recent setback, now is not the time to give up on him. With so many chips pushed to the middle of the table, the Packers would be foolish to fold on this hand.

Harrell will only cost $460,000 in base salary this year, which is dirt cheap by NFL standards. While Harrell is an accident waiting to happen when he steps on the field, the Packers might as well wait it out another year even if it means stashing him on injured reserve and attempt to recoup something from this venture.

Thompson remains high on Harrell. We think a lot of Justin and we think he has a bright future as an NFL player, he said.

But Thompson has a vested stake in Harrell. Defensive coordinator Dom Capers, on the other hand, is more concerned with performance now rather than future potential. Capers doesnt speak of Harrell in starry-eyed terms like Thompson, but hes not ready to toss him to the curb.

When hes been out there, hes showed some things, Capers said. Hes made some progress when hes been able to stay out there.

Harrell may never stay healthy and could eventually join Jamal Reynolds among defensive linemen on the teams list of all-time first-round blunders. Before he receives that infamous distinction, the Packers would be wise to give him one more year to make something of his NFL career.

Mike Vandermause is sports editor of the Press-Gazette.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I just read that article too. I think it's time to move on, the train has left the station. I feel bad cuz I think he's a good guy, but I just don't think he has the back to play in the NFL. Even if he comes back onto the field, he's learning a new position and the back WILL be on his mind. That's way too much thinking in a game of seconds an inches count most.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Whats sad is it seems he wants to play. How many people have we seen that have the chance, and blow it because once they get to the NFL, all they want to do is collect a big paycheck.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (2h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (2h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (5h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (6h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (8h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (9h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (15h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (22h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (22h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (22h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Random Babble / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.