Timmons
14 years ago
As a Packer fan, I'm looking forward to this. I've never liked Brett's inconsistencies and now we can capitalize on it.

Does anyone remember what happened with Rich Gannon when he when up against his former head coach for SB XXXVII?

Our D brings more pressure which brings out the INTs.

I think really this is just Brett's last shot at getting the Packers two more W's.

Our bigger concerns for the Vikings games will be stopping their run and establishing ours.
blank
LambeauEast
14 years ago
Well, he did it. Now as Kampy said, the red shirt is off....time to hammer that flip-floppin FUCK!
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

This comes as no shock to me. When Favre "officially" announced he was staying tired I just said yeah right. Quite pathetic in my opinion because he gave everyone the run around yet again.
If the Vikings and Favre knew it was going to happen this way and lied to the media...I just ask, why? I am glad to see some of the professional heads of sports turn their heads on the way Favre has dealt with this on and off b.s.

Someone said earlier if this happened last year it would have hurt but now, it doesn't. I agree with that statement. An injured and out of shape Favre (comparing him to those in camp) is going to need all the luck in the world to have a good season.

Oh and Favre, fyi..turf hurts the the body more than grass...sure you know that already though.

I wish you many sacks, interceptions and to become the second NFL team to go 0-16. Good luck.

"AKamp74" wrote:

Why are you so upset at him? This is good news for the packers. We get a better draft pick now
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
DakotaT
14 years ago

So, any of you folks gonna follow Ol' Brett to the Queens?

Fuckin' prima donna...can't even work with his new team in the heat of the summer.

Dude has become a parody.....

"gotarace" wrote:

I have the feeling Mrs. Dakota just got three jerseys to sell in the next rummage sale. I really don't even want his number up on circle of fame anymore. Brett took a giant piss on the Packers today, and all I want is to see us blitz him to death. It doesn't have to happen in Minnesota, but it must in Lambeau.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I hope your comment on not wanting Bretts number in the circle of fame is a joke. What a man does away from Green Bay after he is traded is his own business. I'm as sick as the next Packer fan with Bretts attention grabbing Bullshit but what he did for the city of Green Bay has earned him a spot in our circle of fame.

"digsthepack" wrote:

No, I'm pretty fricken pissed, but time heals all wounds I guess. Maybe if he wouldn't have made the "stick it to the Packers" comment this would all be more tolerable. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Vikings?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I think Brett is over his 'stick it' to Ted thing.

Although, I do know within his family, they are known to hold grudges. So, I could be wrong. I just can't think of any other team that is a QB away from being a solid contender, other than the Vikings. That's why I think it was more coincidence than anything else.

2008 - Wanted Vikings in spite of Ted.
2009 - Wants to play for a team that has a chance with a good QB being all that's missing.
UserPostedImage
johnny_blood
14 years ago
I have no problem with it. I'm happy for the good years and don't think Brett owes me a retirement.

Favre at Lambeau is going to be the most hyped, dramatic build-up ever. I hope the game will be a good one, too. This is like an ancient Greek epic!
blank
Yerko
14 years ago

This comes as no shock to me. When Favre "officially" announced he was staying tired I just said yeah right. Quite pathetic in my opinion because he gave everyone the run around yet again.
If the Vikings and Favre knew it was going to happen this way and lied to the media...I just ask, why? I am glad to see some of the professional heads of sports turn their heads on the way Favre has dealt with this on and off b.s.

Someone said earlier if this happened last year it would have hurt but now, it doesn't. I agree with that statement. An injured and out of shape Favre (comparing him to those in camp) is going to need all the luck in the world to have a good season.

Oh and Favre, fyi..turf hurts the the body more than grass...sure you know that already though.

I wish you many sacks, interceptions and to become the second NFL team to go 0-16. Good luck.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Why are you so upset at him? This is good news for the packers. We get a better draft pick now

"AKamp74" wrote:

1. The lies and constant flip-flopping. As a fan of football, it is quite annoying to see each off season. They showed his final interview when asked "if you get that urge come June-July, will you act on that urge?"
Favre's answer- "no." Plain and simple. This was before all the Viking hype.

2. Favre brought me to the Packers and I became hooked on the team. I have become a diehard Packers fan, it actually sickens my father (lol). I am glad the man is doing what he wants but he joined a team that I despise. I put all my compassion for the dude aside as long as he wears that purple jersey. When all is said and done and the storm calms, I will be alright.

And does that draft pick still stick? I don't think it does...
UserPostedImage
johnny_blood
14 years ago
The only way this gives us a better pick is if it makes us have a worse record. Favre was a free agent and has nothing to do with our picks.
blank
longtimefan
14 years ago

I have no problem with it. I'm happy for the good years and don't think Brett owes me a retirement.

Favre at Lambeau is going to be the most hyped, dramatic build-up ever. I hope the game will be a good one, too. This is like an ancient Greek epic!

"johnny_blood" wrote:

And I will be there!
Greg C.
14 years ago
Wow. Even Peter King has turned against him. Favre had to try really hard to make that happen, and he succeeded.

I just don't see this working out for Favre and the Vikings, at his age, having missed so much practice. I suppose they will still have a good chance of making the playoffs, but we all know how he plays in the playoffs.

Mostly it's just a shame, though. It's been unbelievable to watch this guy trash his legacy like this.
blank