mi_keys
14 years ago

I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.

"dhazer" wrote:

Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.
Born and bred a cheesehead
4PackGirl
14 years ago
ok, i've had enough of the "brett favre made the packers so we have to be nice to him forever" talk.

believe it or not, there WAS a team before favre arrived. do you recall a guy named lombardi? starr? mcgee? hornung? nitschke? lofton? sharpe? brooks? majikowski?

ok that's all i can think of off the top of my head in a few seconds. if you think favre made the packers, you are sadly mistaken. yes he was a great player for them, yes he will be in canton, & that's great but this team was not built on the back of brett favre - period.
walleye
14 years ago

ok, i've had enough of the "brett favre made the packers so we have to be nice to him forever" talk.

believe it or not, there WAS a team before favre arrived. do you recall a guy named lombardi? starr? mcgee? hornung? nitschke? lofton? sharpe? brooks? majikowski?

ok that's all i can think of off the top of my head in a few seconds. if you think favre made the packers, you are sadly mistaken. yes he was a great player for them, yes he will be in canton, & that's great but this team was not built on the back of brett favre - period.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Hell yea you said it you deserve a 12 pack
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

Preach it.

We can applaud him when they retire his number, or when he's inducted into Canton. Wearing purple, though? NOT the time for me to show my appreciation for his years here.

"dhazer" wrote:

I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

+1

IMO it would be very sad for the fans of the Packers to Boo Favre, I agree it would be classless after what Favre has all done for us fans. I know many of you think hes a trader for going over to the Vikings. But Green Bay has moved on and if Brett wants to still play then so be it if he wears purple. You dont have to boo Brett because you are rooting for the Packers. When they start to play you can root for the Packers to win. With some of the comments I have seen on this board, I am also embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan, some of you have no heart and cannot remember what Brett has done over the years when he was a Packer. It wasnt his choice to go to another team. Just my two cents worth is all.
Heathiee
dfosterf
14 years ago
You want to boo him, boo him. You want to cheer him, cheer him. I will not be there. I will probably be right here behind this screen, watching the game and chatting.

I'll tell you where I would like to be, though. I would like to be bellied up to a bar, packed with all of the folks I got to know so well during the past year... so very well. I'd invite "The GM" of Packerchatters.com as the guest of honor, as he always looked at Brett objectively as a player for the Green Bay Packers. He took (and still does) so much shit from so many noisy idiots, with nary a reaction. I would invite the rest of my friends from over there that came to the realization that Ted made a very tough but correct decision, and defended that decision in the teeth of the vitriolic hatred of Ted Thompson and that decision, coupled with their illogical idoltry.

I would want the reasonable people from this board as well at that bar, because they, like me, never hated Brett, but got accused of it anyway, because they had the courage of conviction to stand up to those that lashed out whenever a version other than Lord Favres's was either argued or agreed with.

Brett was never Bambi, and he will not be when he hits that field. So Skol to my brethren that showed the mettle to stand with Ted Thompson and his mettle... These are not the type of people generally that are going to boo Brett now, or hit anyone with a bunch of "I told you so's". They will sit there and cheer the Pack as they always have...maybe a few more high-fives than usual...nothing to do with Brett, everything to do with enduring one big load of year-long bullshit.

It would be nice if we could get one of the crotch-sniffers to buy the bar as a semi- apology, or at least a semi-acknowledgement, but I will not hold my breath for that one.
walleye
14 years ago

Preach it.

We can applaud him when they retire his number, or when he's inducted into Canton. Wearing purple, though? NOT the time for me to show my appreciation for his years here.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

+1

IMO it would be very sad for the fans of the Packers to Boo Favre, I agree it would be classless after what Favre has all done for us fans. I know many of you think hes a trader for going over to the Vikings. But Green Bay has moved on and if Brett wants to still play then so be it if he wears purple. You dont have to boo Brett because you are rooting for the Packers. When they start to play you can root for the Packers to win. With some of the comments I have seen on this board, I am also embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan, some of you have no heart and cannot remember what Brett has done over the years when he was a Packer. It wasnt his choice to go to another team. Just my two cents worth is all.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

so it was Favre that did all those great things, what about the rest of the team? IN MY EYES ITS A TEAM EFFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shaking2:
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

"mi_keys" wrote:

Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.

"dhazer" wrote:

Again if you cant say anything good about someone, then dont say anything at all. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Favre has his right to change his mind on retiring if he wants to 100 times. Who are we to think that is wrong? Its his life he can do whatever he wants. And when exactly did Favre piss and moan? The only thing that he was guilty of was retiring, many people do this. Some people retire and then decide its not for them and want to work again, whats wrong with that? What is Favre set out to do? Yes he is a viking now so be it, and yes he wants to win against the Packers, I would to I no longer am playing for the Packers of course I want the team I am playing on to win. The only thing that I question about what Favre has said was it isnt for revenge against the Packers, I think a very small part is he wants to win against the Packers to prove his point. But again if I got fired from a job and worked my butt off for them, I would seek alittle revenge as well, Favre is only human, he hasnt done somethings right but none of have lead the perfect life, we have all made mistakes along the way.
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
14 years ago

Preach it.

"walleye" wrote:

+1

"dhazer" wrote:

so it was Favre that did all those great things, what about the rest of the team? IN MY EYES ITS A TEAM EFFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shaking2:

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I totally agree with you that it was a team effort, but everyone is discussing Favre on here not the team.
Heathiee
14 years ago

Preach it.

"dhazer" wrote:

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

You're acting like booing is the equivalent of sneaking onto the field and shoving feces into his face. It's just booing. It shows displeasure. He's a grown man. He would get over it just fine if it happens.
UserPostedImage
musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

IMO it would be very sad for the fans of the Packers to Boo Favre, I agree it would be classless after what Favre has all done for us fans...... some of you have no heart and cannot remember what Brett has done over the years when he was a Packer. It wasnt his choice to go to another team. Just my two cents worth is all.

Brett weaseled his way out of a contract with the Jets which provided him with everything he claimed he wanted (contender in a familiar system). There were 31 other teams he could have played for but by HIS OWN CHOOSING he elected to play for the Packer's biggest rival, and the one team Ted Thompson tried to prevent him from going to.

He did some tremendous things while in Green Bay, but that shouldn't give him a free pass to take a giant piss all over the organization that treated him so well for 16 years. If I were sitting there, I'd boo until the cows came home! What he did in the past was great, but I refuse to be supportive of what he's currently doing.