Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
31 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#191 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:15:21 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 31
Applause Received: 40
" said: Go to Quoted Post
ANNOUNCEMENT:

If a team is out of contention for the playoffs, then they can not trade with a team who is in contention .

Disable trading.

I want trading to continue, just with in these limits. But any trade where it is between a team in contention and out of contention, I'm just going to veto it. I'd rather give the announcement so that if someone was thinking of it didn't wonder why I randomly vetoed it.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#192 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:21:59 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,325
Applause Received: 3,590
ANNOUNCEMENT:

If a team is out of contention for the playoffs, then they can not trade with a team who is in contention .

Disable trading.

I want trading to continue, just with in these limits. But any trade where it is between a team in contention and out of contention, I'm just going to veto it. I'd rather give the announcement so that if someone was thinking of it didn't wonder why I randomly vetoed it.

Was this rule mentioned before the league's season started?

Personally, I think you're out of line. You're playing a cruel game of 'this counts, this one doesn't.'

If I was in that league, I'd be pretty pissed off, unless this rule was disclosed in the very beginning.
Online Rockmolder  
#193 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:23:20 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Applause Given: 239
Applause Received: 374
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Disable trading.

Personally, I think you're out of line. You're playing a cruel game of 'this counts, this one doesn't.'

If I was in that league, I'd be pretty pissed off, unless this rule was disclosed in the very beginning.

It wasn't, but it sounds like a very fair rule to me.

I mean, what's the use of trading for teams that aren't in contention, anyway? All that they can do is give away big name players for way too little because they don't care anymore.
Offline djcubez  
#194 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:26:59 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
another week another win lol

Have you lost a game yet? You have the ultimate all star team in the Yahoo! league. You got that one wrapped up like four weeks ago! lol

I lost the 1st week in espn league, lost by 2 points fricken mendenhal wasn't starting. Between the 2 leagues i will be 17-1 :P

I guess lucky leprechauns deserves the trophy because he beat me

what i'm trying to figure out is im tied for 1st and beat that team but in playoff seeding they have me as a wildcard wtf kind of setup is that

Yup I beat you in week 1 ;)

I also just squeaked out a win over Porky too this week. That's why they call me Lucky Lloyd :D
Offline Zero2Cool  
#195 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:27:40 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
What if someone is out and they want to put together a team of their personal favorites? So now because they are out of contention to win, they can't find some fun in the league?

It's what I did in my league. I know I won't be able to beat dhazer so I traded my team away to make a Packers roster. In this league, if I lasted farther, I wouldn't have been able to do that.
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#196 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:29:08 PM(UTC)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Disable trading.

It wasn't, but it sounds like a very fair rule to me.

I mean, what's the use of trading for teams that aren't in contention, anyway? All that they can do is give away big name players for way too little because they don't care anymore.

It's kind of an obvious rule Z2C, but just so Jarod can have his justice on a league he isn't even is a part of :P, I'll put a poll up on the main page of the ESPN PHFFL discussing it. I have a feeling though that it's going to go in favor of the ruling.
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#197 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:31:35 PM(UTC)

What if someone is out and they want to put together a team of their personal favorites? So now because they are out of contention to win, they can't find some fun in the league?

It's what I did in my league. I know I won't be able to beat dhazer so I traded my team away to make a Packers roster. In this league, if I lasted farther, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Well, just because your league is a total fun and laugh, this one will be considered fair for the others trying to actually compete with dhazer (argue, freakin dhazer).
Offline Zero2Cool  
#198 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:04:42 AM(UTC)

United States
Fair? Are you reading what you're proposing and doing? Fair?

and it's fantasy football, its all meant to be FUN

you're potentially removing fun from someone. But hey that's fair.
Offline djcubez  
#199 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:59:14 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
Eh, the rule kind of makes sense even though I disagree with it. I don't really care though, this league has kind of handcuffed me from the start:

I only have one QB Matt Cassel and he was out for the first game so I had to start Pat White who has 0 fantasy points this season. I also had to start him my bye week. Now my only TE, by far my best player Owen Daniels is gone for the season and the highest points for TE's in FA is 5 for the whole season. 5 frickin points. So why can't I trade with a team that's out of contention to fill the void I have at TE?
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#200 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:12:49 AM(UTC)

Eh, the rule kind of makes sense even though I disagree with it. I don't really care though, this league has kind of handcuffed me from the start:

I only have one QB Matt Cassel and he was out for the first game so I had to start Pat White who has 0 fantasy points this season. I also had to start him my bye week. Now my only TE, by far my best player Owen Daniels is gone for the season and the highest points for TE's in FA is 5 for the whole season. 5 frickin points. So why can't I trade with a team that's out of contention to fill the void I have at TE?

That's TE. Once a TE gets injured, you might be screwed in any league. It's luck of the draw. But who says you can't trade for a TE with a team in contention? I believe, really, every team still is. Or atleast 18/20.

Oh and, there have been a lot of QBs who took over starting that were originally a FA.
Rss Feed