Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
People assume because they can't see their top-level threads, that they've been deleted. I personally have never deleted a thread, and to my knowledge, none of the other mods has either. Very often when threads that cover identical topics are created, they are merged to prevent clutter and fragmented conversations; it helps to promote in-depth discussion of important topics. Other times threads that are created in the wrong section (e.g., a thread about Brett Favre in the "Let's Talk Green Bay Packers " forum) are moved to a more appropriate sub-forum. If you suspect your thread has been deleted, before getting all offended, please look at threads that cover similar information and see if your posts were moved there. Go to the Search page , enter your screen name in the author slot, and voila, your posts will appear. It's not hard.

Also, bear in mind that occasionally, when Kevin updates the forum software, a few hours' or perhaps a day's worth of posts may be lost. Whenever this happens, Kevin has always made a prominent announcement so people wouldn't think they were being targeted. Depending on when you created that thread, this may be what has happened.

I don't want to hear anything more on this topic. We as the moderatorial and administrative crew have stressed over and over that we do not delete threads and posts, and we do not censor anything but the most crass of personal attacks. So please stop leveling these accusations against us. It's bordering on offensive.

Thank you.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
14 years ago
Please, everyone who is accusing, please, please, relax. Before you start typing your reply to whomever has gotten under your skin, take a step back and ask if it's worth it. Yes, this is an internet forum, and I'm sure we're all familiar with the big talk that happens at forums, but this isn't like other forums. It's a family here. I know that when Cheesey reads that last line, he'll be nodding in agreement, and that dhazer will probably call me a pussy or something. that's how families work. Zero and I have tangled several times, and honestly folks, that is a big part of what the PMs are for. Settle it between the two of you so the whole forum isn't an audience. When stuff gets dragged out here, the accused gets embarrassed and defensive, and small matter turns into a big one. Talk to Zero if you have a problem with Zero. I have always found him to be very willing to work things out.

Zombie and RP... Please post more. I miss having you guys around.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago
Ok enough dammit because im starting to get pissed off.

I am the only one that is suppose to be getting bitched at and i feel left out. Now lets get back to cheering on the Pack and bitching and putting Dhazer on Ignore lol.

See what happens i say i will start becoming a Ted Thompson ass kisser and the fricken world goes all weird. I'm going back to my Ted Thompson hating ways and the forum will get back to normal 😛
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
so...uh...hey, guys! that hot rumor ain't so hot anymore, eh?

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

longtimefan
14 years ago
Bozz...

Some rather post their complaints in public, and some do it with pms or emails..

There was a thread recently that should have been done in pms, but it continued on for 3 pages before Zero stepped in..

Zero didnt tell that person they should have handled it in a pm, but yet you and he are now saying RP should have went to pm 1st? Can't have it both ways...

I have emailed, or pm people I have issues with and in return sometimes I am belittled for stating how I feel..Maybe that has happened to Zombie and RP in the past and they decided they dont want to go that route..

As far as things being deleted, it has happened to me in the shout box which I KNOW is not part of the forum per say, but it did happen..

Sorry RP but on old PF with Ryan he would call out people in public..I seen it and he did it to me..

Just take all this information and learn from it is all I can say..

I really enjoy this forum as we have a ton of different opinions and makes for good postings...
bozz_2006
14 years ago
I have gotten into pissing matches with Zero in PMs before. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but rather that it can be handled discreetly. Like I said, i do think of this place as a family or a community. and I do take things personally. Bridges are easier to mend when disagreements are handled discreetly, that's all I'm saying. And I'm not incriminating RP, not at all. What's done is done. My wish is that we can move forward, with RP and Zombie posting more often. I'm not saying that they should've handled it in a PM because Zero told them to. I'm suggesting that we try to go back to our normal way, with RP and Zombie being regular posters, and that when something comes up in the future, to use the PM to settle something before it blows up. I hope I'm not pissing off RP and Zombie here, as that is not my intent. I'm also not just trying to blindly stick up for Zero, because, like I have said, he and I have tangled. I have probably actually had more run ins with Zero than anyone else on the forum. What that shows is that these things can be worked out. In the past, Zero has shown me that he wants things to be worked out.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

In the past, Zero has shown me that he wants things to be worked out.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

And i agree 100%
Pack93z
14 years ago
WOW... this has spiraled into a big pile of dog shit in a hurry.

First and foremost, I think the perception of Zero displayed in this thread is off base but from a personal standpoint I can understand why some have drawn that viewpoint. I once for a period of time held a similar viewpoint of him myself. I wouldn't deny it.. yet.. after discussing it through with Zero over the course of a couple of days I have come to have a better understanding of the man. Might sound cliche' but truly a misunderstood fellow.

I can tell you these things from my opinion, but it is far past me to try to push my viewpoint upon you.

Trust me, I very much dislike public airing like this post or some of them in this thread. I wish all things could be handled in a a different nature.. but alas sometimes things like this lead into positive growth, hopefully this thread becomes one.

What I will say, it isn't Ego that drives him.. passion and conviction in his own studies, feelings and Packers, absolutely.. ego, as the primary not so much. But that said, I care less whom you are there is a little ego that feeds us all.

He takes pride in this site, but in discussions I can tell you honestly he takes more pride in the members of this site and the values he had for the site.

Is he prefect, nope. Is anyone, absolutely not.

Does he sometimes post in a blunt straightforward nature, absolutely. Does he always "frame" his posts to take a "PC" stance on things.. nope.

But those are some of the things that make up the person he is.. and probably some are of a learned nature.

Is there a double standard on this board surrounding the owner? Is some aspects yes, but I will say from experience that is a two way street, members projecting some of the hypocrisy in the way Zero's posts are received.

If JoeASmith would have posted that in his opinion that there is more to the release of Smith than the rumor had laid on the table, would there have been as much back and forth about it?

IMO, nope but because it was Zero, the site owner, it took on more meaning. IE.. some of the double standard origins.

Bottom line, Zero's overall intentions are pure and non egotistical in nature, sometimes that visions is clouded for whatever reason, but at the end of the day it is more about the community of posters, discussing the Packers, and having fun doing it.

Some will state that they believe that forums have to be this "pretend" world with altered personalities from real life to those on here. Sure this place could be as "fake" as some other sites are, but I disagree that this is how this forum is or should be.

Whether it be asking for prayers for ill family members, providing a little stress relief from the "pains" of life via a small gift from the members here. or just throwing some attempted humor into a dull or drab day.. the members of this site are far and away nothing like some of the sites in the world that are personal playgrounds with a license to be uncaring and cold.

Bozz said it well.. a family feeling to the internet world of the disguised.

An additional note, there is a staff of five active mods on this site, feel free to ask us questions on lost posts or whatnot. With five different personalities to turn to, I hope there is someone that can help resolve any issues or at the very least get to the bottom of the issue so that they may be addressed.

Move posts around yes.. but to my knowledge, we try never to delete a post or thread. Sometimes such as the BackAlley we do some house keeping on older threads for space considerations.. but beyond that type of deal, little to no censorship is applied beyond personal attacks or over the top profanity.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
14 years ago
Well I suggest a group hug, but I'm assuming some of you would be the grab ass kind.

If it makes anyone feel better, I had to spend the weekend at my mother in laws. She can't cook worth a damn and always sticks her nose where it doesn't belong. Always grueling hours until it's time to go home.

It's Bear week for Christ sakes. Kiss and make up and let's put our attention where it should go.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Amen.
UserPostedImage