dfosterf
14 years ago

I love Ted.

He does not mess around.

Anyone that ever typed that his ego drives his decisions should really consider apologizing for that.

He hits and he misees, and is man enough to subject himself to whatever ridicule might come his way by so many (imo) moronic fans that love to take the (at once) great and sad gift of hindsight and use it against him with their lame arguments.

Ted is smart, wise and fair.

If you don't get that still, you are none of those. If you are starting to get how Ted rolls for the Pack, you are wiser than you were previously...also imo.

"dhazer" wrote:

+1

oh hey look! a progressive thinker! i like progressive thinkers. hell, in *this* thread "thinking" at all could seem progressive.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

We are a insurance salesman on here :P

what has Ted Thompson done to admit his mistakes he has proven even more that his ego is huge.

Smith cut instead of one of Ted Thompson's draftees. Brian cut because he was playing bad but guess what it saved room for another one of Ted Thompson's draftees. So how does he not have an ego ?

"dfosterf" wrote:

You are right, Dhaze.

You know more than the rest of us.

Hell, you know more than Ted does.

I say we fire Ted and hire you as GM.

Sorry I didn't see this until just now, I am slow on the uptake you know.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Wow, this Sherman bullshit again? Has it NOT been documented ENOUGH that Sherman inherited a deep roster built by Ron Wolf and rode those coat tails? Yes, it has. Sherman is so FIVE years ago.

Sherman didn't do a damn thing but ride Wolf's talent. He was a good offensive coach, that's it. This whole mention of Sherman makes me want to go and AGAIN prove all of this, but what's the point? Just like some morons hate for no reason, they will do the same with Ted and/or Sherman.

Ted is a better GM than Sherman, period.

Now, if the Packers miss the playoffs, I think it's time to start looking for a new GM and HC. I don't think we should keep Ted/Mike simply because they are better than the previous staff. I don't want one pile of shit over another simply because the newer stinks less. I want results.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

there could very easily be a fan revolt if this season is a failure.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Define failure. Is it simply a losing season? Or is 9-7 failure? What about 11-5 and missing the playoffs? Or losing in the first round of the playoffs?
Or losing in the NFC Championship? Losing the Super Bowl?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Smith cut instead of one of Ted Thompson's draftees. Brian cut because he was playing bad but guess what it saved room for another one of Ted Thompson's draftees. So how does he not have an ego ?

"dhazer" wrote:

Smith was a hand picked Free Agent signee, that was cut what three months later?

Brohm was a 2nd round selection in '08 draft and CUT!

The team has cut players it does not feel are making adequate progress to help the team win, in favor of some players that MIGHT help the team win.

What is ... what is so hard to understand about this? I just don't see why you have so much anti GM venom.

He's also cut fourth round draft selections 4 months after drafting them too, as well as higher selections. The man has admitted his mistakes via roster cuts and verbally. Christ, he even admitted NOT doing whatever it took to keep Wahle was not 'bright'. WTF else do you want from the guy? A personal letter saying

Mr dhazer, I am sorry for my mistake. I thought Mr Brohm would develop into a rising star, but after his rookie year and four pre season games, we have decided to move on. I know this upsets you because a year after the draft you can pick a dozen players who were better. Sadly, I do not have that ability to look into the future and whine about decisiosn of the past.

Please forgive my inept GM skills.

[align=right]Your friend, always
Theodore Thompson[/align]

Get over it! No GM is error proof. If they were, they'd be winning Super Bowls every single year! Even Ron Wolf fucked up!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

there could very easily be a fan revolt if this season is a failure.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Define failure. Is it simply a losing season? Or is 9-7 failure? What about 11-5 and missing the playoffs? Or losing in the first round of the playoffs?
Or losing in the NFC Championship? Losing the Super Bowl?

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Missing the playoffs completely, to me that is a failure. This is completely Ted and Mikes team now. They've had ample time to do their thing. It's time to see results.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
I want a letter too.

I want him to send me a letter apologizing for cutting our punter last year.

:sign5:
Rockmolder
14 years ago
If this season is a failure, something has to be done.

In my eyes, though, it's only at the HC position. I wasn't impressed by McCarthy at all last year. If he'll put on the same show this year, I wouldn't mind replacing him. Maybe even by a John Gruden (If he's willing to run a 3-4) or something.

Ted is still safe for me. At least for another year.
dfosterf
14 years ago

If this season is a failure, something has to be done.

In my eyes, though, it's only at the HC position. I wasn't impressed by McCarthy at all last year. If he'll put on the same show this year, I wouldn't mind replacing him. Maybe even by a John Gruden (If he's willing to run a 3-4) or something.

Ted is still safe for me. At least for another year.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Is that in part because you are judging Ted based on the information he had at the time he made his decisions instead of in total hindsight?

What a unique approach.
14 years ago

I love Ted.

He does not mess around.

Anyone that ever typed that his ego drives his decisions should really consider apologizing for that.

He hits and he misees, and is man enough to subject himself to whatever ridicule might come his way by so many (imo) moronic fans that love to take the (at once) great and sad gift of hindsight and use it against him with their lame arguments.

Ted is smart, wise and fair.

If you don't get that still, you are none of those. If you are starting to get how Ted rolls for the Pack, you are wiser than you were previously...also imo.

"dhazer" wrote:

+1

oh hey look! a progressive thinker! i like progressive thinkers. hell, in *this* thread "thinking" at all could seem progressive.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

We are a insurance salesman on here :P

what has Ted Thompson done to admit his mistakes he has proven even more that his ego is huge.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I don't understand why you want our GM to spend time at a press conference apologizing for the bad choices he has made. I don't think I have ever seen a GM in the NFL who runs through the list of "misses" and says, "Green Bay fans and community, I am sorry for making these picks." The very idea is absurd. He has larger concerns, and he is focused on improving the team going forward, not explaining what didn't pan out in the past. I would be EXTREMELY concerned if he did that, actually. It would mean his mind was focused on blame rather than improving the team.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
+1 to Mass for making an excellent point.

To Dhaze, some remedial training since I have expressed a desire for you to take over the GM job.

GMing 101 for my buddy Dhaze. Lesson number 1.

This is an ass:

UserPostedImage

and...

This is a hole in the ground:

UserPostedImage

It is important that you learn to differentiate between the two as a general manager.

Lesson two will be a repeat of lesson one, because this is a difficult concept.

just kidding... really--- please take as total jest---not personal, but damn Dave, just when it looked like you might show a little optimism, you revert back to the same old shit...
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (15h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.