Orygunfan76
14 years ago
Smash mouth NFC North football, good game down to the wire, Congrats Packers! Those here calling a 38 -6 game before today have to feel dumb right now. This Bears/Packers rivalry is getting good. Oh yeah and the Vikings beat the mighty Browns...umm props to the all worldly Vikes...uh yeah that.
blank
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Charles Woodson did not look like the Charles Woodson we are used to. I'm sure this was just a bad game for him, but damn... He got burnt a few times and missed some makeable tackles. He wasn't terrible, but I guess I have set higher standards for him.

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

The tackle I'll give you - he is more of a sure tackler than that. Give credit to Hester, looked like an actual WR instead of a project.

As for getting burned deep by Knox - Woodson was supposed to have Safety help over top from Collins, but Nick slipped on the play.

And on Hester's TD ... if I am not mistaken Woodson did his job in passing off Hester to Collins, but something was off with Collins and he didn't get over fast enough. Maybe he lost concentration for a second or two, or perhaps the cramps were really affecting him.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Hopefully Bigby isn't to hurt and we'll get Raji back next week. None of the other injuries the Packers D suffered tonight seemed serious.

"RainX" wrote:

Expect Bigby to miss some time - Mike McCarthy said he suffered a sprained knee.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
RashaanSalaami
14 years ago
Some of my post game thoughts.

QB: It looks like when things aren't going Aaron's way he seems to rush. Even when there wasn't much pressure early through the 3rd quarter, he kept moving and getting rid of the ball as there was. I loved how he rebounded somewhere in the 4th quarter. VERY poised down the stretch. Looked calm and made much better throws. Still only one or two bad decisions I could see on the day based on the first watch.

RB: Eh, still not very impressed in this group, but when the holes are there, Ryan can move through them with a lot of momentum. Ryan does look better than last year though, so that's good news.

WR: Lots of drops today from everyone outside of Greg. I expect this unit to get better, especially if they can get in sync more. They were pretty open for most of the game, so that's always a great sign. It's just a matter of concentrating through the catch and making them even when the rest of the offense is out of sync.

OL: Biggest weakness today, but that was pretty obvious. Barbre needs to really improve and fast. His 2nd half looked much better, but that first half he was getting abused every which way. Spitz, Sitton, and Barbre all struggled a bit today from what I could tell with only a semi-concentrated observation of the OL. They struggled to pick up the blitz. Was benching Wells the right move? Especially this year with a new RT? I didn't really agree with it to begin with, but we'll see as the season wears on. I'll leave the more thorough analysis with eyes more trained than mine to make these calls.

DL: I think these guys get my game ball this afternoon. Our secondary was also really good today, but what these guys did was phenomenal. None of them really got moved and were creating constant havoc in the backfield. Cullen Jenkins gets my player of the game award. That simple. Jolly played out of his mind as well. Pickett seemed pretty nice in the trenches as well, though I didn't really watch for him. Considering the Bears were pretty bad against the run today I'm assuming Pickett was pretty immovable. I'll keep a closer eye out for him next time.

LB: These guys swarmed to the football and didn't overpursue very much. INCREDIBLY impressed with this unit. Chillar played a great game as did AJ Hawk. I don't know what to say about this unit other than they all seem to love it and are flourishing in the system which is a HUGE surprise to me.

DB: Pretty good play for the most part, but I don't know how much of it comes from such a great pass rush. Nice to see 4 picks on the day though.

We played a great game and I think this is one we REALLY needed. It was better than a blowout in some senses because our team gets confidence that they can elevate their play in the 4th quarter. It gives them a reason to believe that this year will be different from last year. We're 1-0 and at the top of our division right now. Feels good.
blank
Orygunfan76
14 years ago

Some of my post game thoughts.

QB: It looks like when things aren't going Aaron's way he seems to rush. Even when there wasn't much pressure early through the 3rd quarter, he kept moving and getting rid of the ball as there was. I loved how he rebounded somewhere in the 4th quarter. VERY poised down the stretch. Looked calm and made much better throws. Still only one or two bad decisions I could see on the day based on the first watch.

RB: Eh, still not very impressed in this group, but when the holes are there, Ryan can move through them with a lot of momentum. Ryan does look better than last year though, so that's good news.

WR: Lots of drops today from everyone outside of Greg. I expect this unit to get better, especially if they can get in sync more. They were pretty open for most of the game, so that's always a great sign. It's just a matter of concentrating through the catch and making them even when the rest of the offense is out of sync.

OL: Biggest weakness today, but that was pretty obvious. Barbre needs to really improve and fast. His 2nd half looked much better, but that first half he was getting abused every which way. Spitz, Sitton, and Barbre all struggled a bit today from what I could tell with only a semi-concentrated observation of the OL. They struggled to pick up the blitz. Was benching Wells the right move? Especially this year with a new RT? I didn't really agree with it to begin with, but we'll see as the season wears on. I'll leave the more thorough analysis with eyes more trained than mine to make these calls.

DL: I think these guys get my game ball this afternoon. Our secondary was also really good today, but what these guys did was phenomenal. None of them really got moved and were creating constant havoc in the backfield. Cullen Jenkins gets my player of the game award. That simple. Jolly played out of his mind as well. Pickett seemed pretty nice in the trenches as well, though I didn't really watch for him. Considering the Bears very pretty bad against the run today I'm assuming Pickett was pretty immovable. I'll keep a closer eye out for him next time.

LB: These guys swarmed to the football and didn't overpursue very much. INCREDIBLY impressed with this unit. Chillar played a great game as did AJ Hawk. I don't know what to say about this unit other than they all seem to love it and are flourishing in the system which is a HUGE surprise to me.

DB: Pretty good play for the most part, but I don't know how much of it comes from such a great pass rush. Nice to see 4 picks on the day though.

We played a great game and I think this is one we REALLY needed. It was better than a blowout in some senses because our team gets confidence that they can elevate their play in the 4th quarter. It gives them a reason to believe that this year will be different from last year. We're 1-0 and at the top of our division right now. Feels good.

"chrisbozzonerocks" wrote:

+1
blank
Grabacr
14 years ago
i was disapointed to see Jordy Nelson with 0 Recpetions when i remember 2 easy catches...but i guess its only game 1 and no need to scream mum yet. But i know these must of been said but my pros and cons

Pros:
Defense is no Joke
Nelson (although i just slated him) is better then i expected at KR
Stopping the Run, Forte had a bad night!

Cons:
Shaky Offense which i expect they will get an ear bashing!
Shaky O-Line - Babre....need i say more?

But no team is perfect. But roll on week 2
UserPostedImage
packersfan99
14 years ago
I didn't like Barbre he play bad, if he keeps lettings the DE sack Rodgers, our Qb is gonna get injured.

I know Grant can do better, he average today only 3.8 he needs to improve to at least 4.4. I guess if the OL gets better, he also gets,

AT the WRs, you are right Orygunfan76, Jones and Nelson didn't catch the easy balls Rodgers send to them. Driver also didn't catch the ball but some the of them were tough to catch. I really think all of them bounce back.
blank
bboystyle
14 years ago
I dont blame Rodgers at all for being rushed..When u have someone breathing down your neck 2 seconds after u drop back,i'd be paranoid too...Barbre needs to get better or get benched!
PackerBuddha
14 years ago
Man..i swear im going to have a heart attack by the time im 23, jesus. Michigan pulls it out in the last minute saturday, and now GB pulls it off in the last minute.

As for my thoughts:

Rodgers seemed to get flustered as the game went, so could see the frustration in his eyes. When he finally settled down he was money.

Grant looked good, he hit the hole with a burst and was tough to take down sometimes.

The Secondary had a few lapeses, Collins was late getting to that TD by Hester, but i think the cramps played a big part in that. The middle of the field was open late in the game.

Why did Capers let up in the third and so? He stopped putting alot of pressure on Cutler and you could see Cutler slowly finding his rythm.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago

Smash mouth NFC North football, good game down to the wire, Congrats Packers! Those here calling a 38 -6 game before today have to feel dumb right now.

"Orygunfan76" wrote:

As a matter of fact I dont feel dumb and if I remember right you also said something condecending about how I dont think grant is our best back. (Jackson I much prefer or maybe even wynn but havnt seen enough of him lately).

not to get in a internet 'argument' but no I dont feel dumb about my predictions about the score. As a matter of fact Im going to do a write up on the game here soon.