TheKanataThrilla
14 years ago
I will echo many who say that the O-line needs some help. Then again I have been repeating this for years now, but we never seem to make the FA signing or draft pick. That said, Chicago's defence played great so I should give some credit where it is due.

Positive first game and I was happy that we got Chicago early with Cutler still learning. I was quite happy with our run defence and I'm excited that this group will probably get better over the next few weeks. I sure hope so AP looked awesome yesterday.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Signing Tauscher would be a knee-jerk reflex and I can't see any good coming of it. The guy won't be cleared to play until October, he's coming off multiple surgeries, he hasn't gone through any offseason program, and therefore it will be a complete crapshoot. Surely, if we must bring in another guy, there is someone who went through another team's training camp and was cut, someone who is more nearly in game shape than Tauscher. Runyan looks good to me, but there are other possibilities.
UserPostedImage
British
14 years ago
Barbre did the best impression of Tony Moll I have ever seen.

It appears we finally get shot of Moll and Barbre suddenly takes up the mantle.

The problem is we have no depth. Giacomini couldn't stop Flynn getting hurt in the pre season and Lang was pulled out of the competition at RT early in TC.

I can't see them wanting to yank Colledge over to RT, move Spitz left and put Wells in. That would go against everything the coaches have said all summer about building a consistent OLine.

With the first game out of the way now is the time to bring a free agent in as their contract wouldnt be guaranteed.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

1) RT (Barbre? Giacomini? Lang? ..... redo the whole line and move Colledge to RT?)

2) Depth at S (the starting safeties are always getting injured and the back-ups aren't too good)

3) Woodson letting guys deep (he was trying to get in Cutler's head by moving around but still... don't let them go deep)

4) DL (working very well but still not a lot of depth and got to keep them fresh)

5) Kicking game (wasn't horrible... but wasn't were it needs to be ether.)

Those are my opinions what's your?

"dfosterf" wrote:

Do this right now. Don't "look at the film" . Don't "correct his pad level"

Take him out and shoot him for all I care. F#ck, I volunteer as a community service to come to Green Bay and ..........him for us. OK, maybe a slight bit extreme, bit I am so outraged and p#ssed about Allen "'ole" Barbre that I don't want to talk about anything else until I see that we are doing something substantial about it. If we don't fix this NOW--we go NOWHERE as a football team.

Sign him NOW. This MORNING. Should have woke him up and signed him ALREADY.

I am FURIOUS! (Can you tell?)

Jon Runyan ready to contribute 

We cannot wait for Mark. Aaron will not live that long. Jon is ready. I watched a couple of his workouts/tryouts. F$ck, I bet Philly already has him locked up. Ted, get your ass on an airplane RIGHT NOW and go get Jon. This is the very definition of needing a free agent to help your team.

I am in no condition to type much more until I calm down, perhaps I will, but thanks to Allen I am in 24 hour loss mode instead of one week revel in the win mode.

My analysis is that Allen Barbre's difficulties had a larger effect on that football game than just the sacks and hurries in and of themselves. :thumbleft:

"beast" wrote:

So true, the feeling of a loss despite a win.

He looked out of his depth technically, and that against an older guy like Ogunleye.

We might get away with it against the likes of the Bengals and perhaps the Rams, but I doubt a tough defensive unit, cough F**king cough the Vikings wouldn't capitalise on what seems, on first look, a complete mismatch. Even against average-solid defensive ends.

We have a bullish draft/free agency operation and it needs one little twist to loosen the nut - especially when one area can be so problematic that it can cost us a game.

Fact is, with the way our offense and Aaron Rodgers operates, we need solid (maybe not spectacular) but solid offensive line play. Aaron Rodgers doesn't need as much time as the run-of-the-mill Quarterback and he is pretty proficient when he rolls out of the pocket but for us to completely utilise the weapons we have, he needs time.

I teevo'd the game and watched it agains right now, and it doesn't look any better on replay.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
dfosterf
14 years ago
You are a D coordinator and you watched that game last night. I wonder what your plan would be regarding the exploitation of a perceived weakness of the Green Bay Packers offense.

If I see a kitchen sink playing DE for the Bengals, I have an answer.
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
Anyone remember when Denver was good?

The main reason their running game worked, NO MATTER WHO THEY HAD BACK THERE CARRYING THE BALL, was because the front five rarely changed.
It takes time for an o-line to come together as a unit. Moving guys in and out of the line, having them play different positions does not help.

Bringing in another player, who hasn't been around the team does not help solidify the line, if anything it will just set them back.

These guys who started last night, in the coaches opinions, were the best that they have.

They start benching guys or changing things up after one game and it will just be chaos week after week.

Last nights game was far from perfect, that's what practice is for,maybe just maybe Barbre had his worst game of the season, a player is not going to be on top of his game every week.

This is what coaches are paid for, work with the line this week, let each guy know what is expected of him against The Bengals, then if there is no improvement shown,bench someone and see if that lights a fire under them.

The 53 guys who are on the roster are the ones the coaches decided are the best at their positions, got to let that chemistry work a little before making wholesale changes.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
YERCELL
14 years ago

Anyone remember when Denver was good?

The main reason their running game worked, NO MATTER WHO THEY HAD BACK THERE CARRYING THE BALL, was because the front five rarely changed.
It takes time for an o-line to come together as a unit. Moving guys in and out of the line, having them play different positions does not help.

Bringing in another player, who hasn't been around the team does not help solidify the line, if anything it will just set them back.

These guys who started last night, in the coaches opinions, were the best that they have.

They start benching guys or changing things up after one game and it will just be chaos week after week.

Last nights game was far from perfect, that's what practice is for,maybe just maybe Barbre had his worst game of the season, a player is not going to be on top of his game every week.

This is what coaches are paid for, work with the line this week, let each guy know what is expected of him against The Bengals, then if there is no improvement shown,bench someone and see if that lights a fire under them.

The 53 guys who are on the roster are the ones the coaches decided are the best at their positions, got to let that chemistry work a little before making wholesale changes.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Because coaches are never wrong. Continuity matters if the guys can handle their jobs in the first place.
LambeauEast
14 years ago
Yup, Barbre needs to be fixed.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
I never said coaches are never wrong, these are the guys the have went with, much easier to fix the problem by working with the guys who have been there the whole time then to breing in new faces and start from scratch.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I agree with buckeyepackfan. Support Barbre with a TE or FB for a couple of weeks, ease him into the job. Maybe he just needs some time to get his sea legs under him. I can't imagine bringing someone off the streets would give us much more production immediately.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.