Zero2Cool
15 years ago

[align=center]Patrick Lee | Cornerback | Auburn | 6'0" - 200 lbs.
[/align]

OVERVIEW
This late bloomer intercepted just one pass in his first 41 games at Auburn, but found being a pass thief to his liking as a senior. During a five-game midseason span, he pulled in four interceptions for the Tigers in 2007. Two of those thefts set up Auburn touchdowns and another led to a field goal.

At Christopher Columbus High School, Lee earned Super Prep All-Dixie and Florida Times Union Super 75 honors. He was named one of the top five cornerbacks in Florida by the Florida Times Union and received second-team All-Dade County honors.

Lee started at free safety during his last two seasons. He recorded 70 tackles, five broken up passes, three interceptions, two fumble recoveries and two blocked kicks. He returned one interception 75 yards for a touchdown and also returned 14 kickoffs for 256 yards including one for an 85-yard touchdown. He also competed in track, winning the state championship in the long jump with a leap of 23'10".

Lee redshirted in 2003 at Auburn. He appeared in twelve games as a reserve cornerback in 2004, posting 14 tackles (12 solos) with a stop for a 2-yard loss and a pass break-up. He took over right cornerback chores as a sophomore, starting the first five games, but after coming up with just seven tackles as a starter, he spent the rest of the season as a reserve, finishing with nine hits (7 solos) and three pass deflections.

Lee shared right cornerback duties with Jonathan Wilhite, starting four of twelve games he played in. He totaled 25 tackles (15 solos) with a stop for a loss, coming up with his first career interception. He also caused a fumble that he recovered and advanced 20 yards for a touchdown.

As a senior, Lee earned All-Southeastern Conference second-team honors. He averaged 25.8 yards on eleven kickoff returns and started all season at right cornerback. He was in on a career-high 55 tackles (40 solos), ranking sixth on the team. He also caused a fumble, broke up ten passes and intercepted four others.

In 48 games at Auburn, Lee started 22 contests at right cornerback. He recorded 103 tackles (74 solos) with three stops for losses of 12 yards and a quarterback pressure. He had two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery that he returned 20 yards. He deflected 20 passes and gained 52 yards on five interception returns. He also totaled 299 yards on twelve kickoff returns (24.9 avg).

CAREER NOTES
Lee averaged 25.82 yards on kickoff returns in 2007, the sixth-best season average in school history, topped by David Langner (28.28 avg in 1972), Rick Neel (28.12 avg in 1975), James Brooks (27.48 avg in 1979), Tristan Davis (27.0 avg in 2006) and Mike Fuller (26.25 avg in 1973).

2007 SEASON
Named the team's Most Improved Linebacker/Defensive Back by the coaching staff, adding second-team All-Southeastern Conference honors from Rivals.com...Ranked sixth in the SEC with four interceptions for 34 yards in returns, adding ten pass deflections while starting all thirteen games at right cornerback...Ranked sixth on the squad with a career-high 55 tackles (40 solos), adding one stop for a 4-yard loss...Also caused one fumble...Returned eleven kickoffs for 284 yards (25.8 avg).

2007 GAME ANALYSIS
Kansas State...Opened the season with six tackles (3 solos), including one for a 4-yard loss, as he broke up two passes and caused a fumble when he stripped the ball from receiver Leon Patton on a 4-yard catch at the KSU 47 in the second quarter...Gained 63 yards on three kickoff returns.

Mississippi State...Broke up three passes and delivered three solo tackles.

New Mexico State...Had seven tackles (5 solos) while breaking up one pass and returned a kickoff 21 yards.

Florida...His third quarter interception of a Tim Tebow pass set up an Auburn 30-yard field goal, as Lee had four tackles and two kickoff returns for 40 yards.

Vanderbilt...Picked off a Mackenzie Adams third quarter pass at the Vandy 36, returning the ball 26 yards to set up a 5-yard touchdown run by the Tigers' Brad Lester, as Lee was in on four stops with two deflected passes.

Louisiana State...Returned a kickoff 35 yards and posted four tackles...Also picked off a Matt Flynn third quarter pass for an 8-yard return.

Mississippi...Followed with a fourth quarter interception of a Brent Schaeffer pass in the end zone to kill a 13-play, 79-yard series, as Auburn converted that turnover into a 34-yard touchdown pass from QB Brandon Cox to Red Smith...Also registered eight tackles (6 solos).

Georgia...Posted six tackles (5 solos).

Clemson (Chick Fil-A Bowl)...Closed out his career with four solo tackles and two pass break-ups, as he also returned two kickoffs for 88 yards, including a fourth quarter 30-yarder that set up a 1-yard touchdown run by Auburn's Ben Tate.

2006 SEASON
Played in twelve games, sitting out the Louisiana State clash...Started at right cornerback vs. Buffalo, South Carolina, Florida and Nebraska (Cotton Bowl)...Recorded 25 tackles (15 solos) with a stop for a 6-yard loss and a pressure...Caused and recovered a fumble that he returned 20 yards for a touchdown...Added 18 yards on an interception return and 15 yards on a kickoff return...Also deflected six passes.

2006 GAME HIGHLIGHTS
Broke up a pass and posted one tackle vs. Georgia...Intercepted his first career pass in the fourth quarter and returned it 18 yards vs. Arkansas State...Credited with two solo tackles and a forced fumble in the second quarter vs. Tulane...Posted three tackles vs. Florida and returned a fumble 20 yards for a touchdown on the final play of the game...Started his second straight game and batted down a pass in the end zone on South Carolina's fourth down (and the Gamecocks' last offensive play of the game) in the fourth quarter to seal Auburn's win...Started vs. Buffalo and posted five tackles, a pass deflection and a QB pressure...Posted three tackles and a pass deflection vs. Mississippi State...Made three tackles vs. Washington State...Started and had two tackles and a pass deflection vs. Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl, as he also returned one kickoff for 15 yards.

2005 SEASON
Saw action in eleven games...Finished with nine tackles (7 solos) and three pass deflections.

2005 GAME HIGHLIGHTS
Tallied a pass deflection vs. Alabama...Posted two tackles vs. Ball State...Finished with four solo tackles vs. Mississippi State with one pass break-up...Added a pass deflection and a solo tackle vs. Georgia Tech.

2004 SEASON
Played in all twelve games as a reserve cornerback, delivering 14 tackles (12 solos) with a stop for a 2-yard loss and a pass deflection...Had two solo tackles including a tackle for loss (-2) and pass break-up vs. Kentucky...Added five tackles including three solo vs. Louisiana Tech...Credited with two solo tackles vs. Mississippi State...Posted a two-tackle effort vs. Louisiana-Monroe.

2003 SEASON
Redshirted as a freshman.

COMBINE AGILITY TESTS
4.41 in the 40-yard dash...1.46 10-yard dash...2.53 20-yard dash...4.32 20-yard shuttle...7.07 three-cone drill...31-inch vertical jump...10'0" broad jump...Bench pressed 225 pounds 15 times.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Christopher Columbus (Miami, Fla.) High School, playing football for head coach Chris Merritt...Earned Super Prep All-Dixie and Florida Times Union Super 75 honors... Named one of the top five cornerbacks in Florida by the Florida Times Union and received second-team All-Dade County honors...Started at free safety during his last two seasons... Recorded 70 tackles, five broken up passes, three interceptions, two fumble recoveries and two blocked kicks...Returned one interception 75 yards for a touchdown and also returned 14 kickoffs for 256 yards including one for an 85-yard touchdown...Competed in track, winning the state championship in the long jump with a leap of 23'10".

PERSONAL
Graduated in December 2006 with a degree in Criminology...Son of Marlene and David Lee...Born 2/20/84...Resides in Miami, Florida.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Packers Like CB Lee's Physical Style

In their search for potential starters to replace Al Harris and Charles Woodson down the road, the Packers can't select just any cornerback.

They need corners who can play the physical, in-your-face, bump-and-run style that Harris and Woodson do, because that's a defensive scheme Head Coach Mike McCarthy likes and has no designs on changing when Harris and Woodson are no longer around.

The Packers feel they've found a player with those skills in Auburn's Patrick Lee, whom they selected late in the second round Saturday, at No. 60 overall.

Lee spent much of his sophomore and junior seasons playing in a cornerback rotation, getting most of his time in nickel and dime packages. But he was a full-time starter last year as a senior and got to put his style on display, and the Packers liked what they saw from the 6-foot, 200-pounder.

"We've seen some of the things on film we're looking for in our particular scheme, and we feel very good about the fit Patrick will have coming into our place," McCarthy said. "We like his size, his physicalness. You see the tackling and his aggressiveness in bump-and-run. He really fits the temperament, the attitude and our style of play."

Lee estimated that he played as much as 95 percent press man coverage as a starter, and rarely played "off" or in zone coverage. A high school safety who converted to cornerback in college, Lee feels he's by no means an expert at the position and sees ahead of him a great opportunity to learn from two true professionals.

"I'll watch the older guys and learn from them and take in what they say and stuff," Lee said. "Al Harris and Charles Woodson, those guys are great. I'll learn from those guys and try to be the best."

Lee likely will compete for the nickel, or third cornerback spot, next year, along with other up-and-coming young players like Tramon Williams, Will Blackmon and Jarrett Bush.

Lee had just one interception in his career heading into his senior season, but he picked off four passes last year and added 10 passes broken up. One of his interceptions came against Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow of Florida.

Lee also had 55 tackles (40 solo) and averaged 25.8 yards on 11 kickoff returns last season.

"He had an excellent senior year," said GM Ted Thompson, who characterized the selection of Lee at No. 60 as a 'real good value pick.'

"He's a tough guy. He likes to play bump-and-run. We think he's going to fit well with what we do on defense in terms of putting these guys in lockdown situations."

UserPostedImage
DGB454
15 years ago
Good fit I suppose. He will take a year to learn from Harris and Woodson then compete for their spots.
Pack93z
15 years ago
Want a brash prediction.. in 2 years or less under Washington's tutor.. this kid becomes the next Tramon Williams on the Packers.. I liked the flashes I see from him in camp and a little in game action before he went down with an injury.. He will become starter material in that time.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
toronto_cheesehead
15 years ago

Want a brash prediction.. in 2 years or less under Washington's tutor.. this kid becomes the next Tramon Williams on the Packers.. I liked the flashes I see from him in camp and a little in game action before he went down with an injury.. He will become starter material in that time.

"pack93z" wrote:

I'd go as far as saying he'll be better than Williams. Based on his draft position, physical tools, and playing at Auburn, Lee should become a very good corner for us one day. With him, Williams, and Blackmon I think we're pretty solid at the position going forward.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

"toronto_cheesehead" wrote:

I'd go as far as saying he'll be better than Williams. Based on his draft position, physical tools, and playing at Auburn, Lee should become a very good corner for us one day. With him, Williams, and Blackmon I think we're pretty solid at the position going forward.

"pack93z" wrote:

I don't know how good Blackmon is in coverage. We should bring in another CB via draft or FA and let Blackmon stay at returner.
UserPostedImage
toronto_cheesehead
15 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"toronto_cheesehead" wrote:

I don't know how good Blackmon is in coverage. We should bring in another CB via draft or FA and let Blackmon stay at returner.

"pack93z" wrote:

I wouldn't mind that, since I don't see Blackmon as starter material. However, I think he could be useful as a nickelback for us.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
If only somehow Jenkins would fall to the 2nd round haha.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.