Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Chad was a border-line liability at his best this year. Get over it.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1 for this. Dfosterf and I may be the only two individuals in Packer Nation who believe this, but it doesn't make it any less true, in my NOT so humble opinion.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Three of us.

In my opinion, Clifton has been overrated for at least a couple years now.

Personally, I think the only reason I think few noticed was that the various players assigned to line up between him and Tausch kept struggling to get up to the "servicable" level. And then, last year, Tausch had a real bad year, too.

But he's been "false start Chad" to me for some time now.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Time to start max protecting. Can't go 3 and 4 wide anymore, or Aaron will get killed.

"toronto_cheesehead" wrote:

Agreed.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
i just cant get over the fact that ANTWAN FREAKIN ODOM had 5 sacks.....that's just terrible
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
It should be noted that pass protection is harder than run.

Run = ATTACK
Pass = REACT

OL prefer run's because they get to dish out the hits.

Keep that in mind when bashing the OL and consider also that we had 3 runs to 30 passes in the second half or some time frame.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
Clifton is KGB part two. An older player Thompson held onto too long. I kind of felt that was going to happen in the off-season. One of the reasons why I was hoping to see a move along the offensive line.

If there is one thing Thompson has done well, it's get rid of older players at the right time, but not with Clifton and KGB. Those were two mistakes of his that have hurt or will hurt the Packers.

I like the interior line of Colledge/Spitz/Sitton. I actually think they've shown some things at time.

The tackles though are just awful. You blitz up the middle and you go one on one with the tackles and there is nothing Rodgers can do.

The best friend to the Packers right now would be a running game, but unforunately this is not a team built for the run. All of the offensive line manat best are average at run blocking and I'm being nice to a couple of players.

I'm on the Taushcer bandwagon, but not because I think he's a fix, but because I think he'll give the Packers a better RT than what they're getting out of Allen Barbre. I think Tauscher when healthy is pretty decent or can be considering the circumstances. Yes, Tauscher is coming off of an injury, but you heal him up, get him in football shape, and you give him an oppurtunity. It's better than the status quo.

To be fair, Tauscher had his bad moments last year, but he also held his own and that's something that we're not seeing at either tackle position.

With that said, Barbre played much better.
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I'm not usually one to panic, but I would REALLY like to see Teddy go and get someone - anyone - to help that O line out.

Yeah, I know - Runyan isn't going to be perfect, and neither would Tauscher - but like 93z said, we've got nothing in the cupboard for situations like Barbre shitting the bed last week and Clifton going down this week. Where we're sitting, if those starting 5 can't get it done or one of them is hurt, we're dead in the water.

As I said, I'm not one to scream at the Front Office - however, this seems like a glaring issue, and I would expect Thompson to address it somehow - get some depth in, put the rookies on a fast track, something. The rest of the team is too loaded with potential to waste it on a weak front line.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

+1 for this. Dfosterf and I may be the only two individuals in Packer Nation who believe this, but it doesn't make it any less true, in my NOT so humble opinion.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Three of us.

Personally, I think the only reason I think few noticed was that the various players assigned to line up between him and Tausch kept struggling to get up to the "servicable" level. And then, last year, Tausch had a real bad year, too.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Tauscher should have gotten the pro-bowl bid two years ago instead of Clifton.

Tauscher did not have a bad year, last year at all. I think he only have up 1 or 2 sacks and was the least penalized again. If it wasn't for his knee, he would be starting this year again, and 1/2 of our problems so far would be solved.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nickb364
14 years ago
I say we bring Jamon Meredith off the practice squad and see what he can do..
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

"Wade" wrote:

Three of us.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Tauscher should have gotten the pro-bowl bid two years ago instead of Clifton.

Tauscher did not have a bad year, last year at all. I think he only have up 1 or 2 sacks and was the least penalized again. If it wasn't for his knee, he would be starting this year again, and 1/2 of our problems so far would be solved.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I agree. If an un-injured Taush was back this year, our line situation would be totally different. Would he be great? Probably not, but I guarantee Rodger's would MUCH rather have him in there, heh.
dfosterf
14 years ago
I am actually leaning towards the Tauscher option over the Runyan option, for what might seem like a strange reason.

My fear with the Tausch option is time. Plays that he is not in there. Games that he cannot play in. The time between now and when he is ready. Pack93z seems to think he's ready now, has a bit of local knowledge on the issue, so there is that hope.

As to why I am backing off big Jon a bit. The "no news" aspect. If he IS ready, and he HAS NOT lost a step, why is he not playing and/or signed?

He has had his workouts, said he was looking into one other team, a significant portion of the NFL is in desperate (personally I think we are the MOST desperate, but it's an opinion) need of his services...

Is he in fact washed up? Is he just biding his time? What the hell is going on with Jon Runyan? The Eagles are famous for sticking to a philosophy of getting rid of a guy one year too early, plus he is coming off the surgery, so initially I have been clinging to the hope that Jon not being signed is some of that, coupled with him not making a decision yet.

The irony is that if they announce that he is signed with one of the many teams that need his services, I will be left wondering if we were slow to pull the trigger and failed in the FA market. This is one of those deals where you just cannot even be fair, because you are not armed with enough information about what the hell is going on. This will be another one of those hindsight deals we all have grown to love.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.