Trippster
14 years ago

No excuses for this loss. We pretty much got beat in almost every facet of the game yesterday. That being said, I'm not going to throw in the towel after one bad performance.

I think how we come out and play against the Rams will give us a good indication of where this team really is at. They know as much as anyone they need to come out and have a good performance as the Rams are still a pretty bad team.

I'm hoping after these two games though that Thompson is strongly considering picking up the phone and getting Tauscher back in here. He might not be ready to go right off the bat, but it wouldn't hurt to have him finish his rehab with the team in hopes we could possibly get him back after the bye week. Guys like Dietrich-Smith are probably going to be inactive most game days anyways, so cut one of these inactive reserves and get Tauscher in here and ready to play. He certainly can't hurt imo.

"RainX" wrote:

I ran into Frank Winters (Bag 'o doughnuts) and he said they are talking to Tauscher.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Trippster
14 years ago

Well David.....at least you got to see the CHEESEY!
(Kind of expensive just to see ME, hey???) LOL!

I agree......theres plenty of reason to be mad. You showed up, and the team didn't. They looked 100% unprepared.

"Cheesey" wrote:

He did get some Trippalaya though!
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Pack93z
14 years ago

But we've got a long day tomorrow. It will be hard to swallow, to watch the way this thing unfolded today, and hopefully we come back in, work tomorrow, watch film, and come in Wednesday ready to go. Because no team is going to lay down for us just because we have a new defense and we felt good about what we did in preseason and the first game. We have to be ready.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think that's the problem. I think they believe that since they have a new defense, they all bought into it, and they did so well in the pre-season that everything is going to come easy. I wonder if they forgot that it took hard work and busting their ass off while playing smart to get that impression in the first place.

Packers = Over Confident.

"Charles Woodson" wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that maybe Charles was pissed off with the level of emotion from his teammates yesterday.. and that had something to do with him playing a notch or two pissed off yesterday.

The man looked pissed.. something you don't normally see from him.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Trippster
14 years ago
knowing the scheme does not beat executing the scheme.

The sixties Packers ran sweeps. They knew it. The defense knew it. THe crowd knew it. Hell, even the Russians knew it!

But nobody could stop it.

Be good at what you do. Do it. then do it agian.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
IronMan
14 years ago

But we've got a long day tomorrow. It will be hard to swallow, to watch the way this thing unfolded today, and hopefully we come back in, work tomorrow, watch film, and come in Wednesday ready to go. Because no team is going to lay down for us just because we have a new defense and we felt good about what we did in preseason and the first game. We have to be ready.

"pack93z" wrote:

I think that's the problem. I think they believe that since they have a new defense, they all bought into it, and they did so well in the pre-season that everything is going to come easy. I wonder if they forgot that it took hard work and busting their ass off while playing smart to get that impression in the first place.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that maybe Charles was pissed off with the level of emotion from his teammates yesterday.. and that had something to do with him playing a notch or two pissed off yesterday.

"Charles Woodson" wrote:

I would be pissed too.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

knowing the scheme does not beat executing the scheme.

The sixties Packers ran sweeps. They knew it. The defense knew it. THe crowd knew it. Hell, even the Russians knew it!

But nobody could stop it.

Be good at what you do. Do it. then do it agian.

"Trippster" wrote:

This is what I've preached for a while. Have something that you can nail down as YOURS and do it better than anyone. Instead of this crap where we try to do forty different things and drop the ball on them.

When we had Ahman here and he had his great seasons. We had SIX runs, SIX! Everyone knew what they were, where it was going and we still punished people for it.

I miss the days of dominance.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I would be pissed too.

"Charles Woodson" wrote:

Totally - I don't think he was planning on having to carry the whole team on his back. Take away Woodson and this team is a woeful-looking 0-2 club.
blank
Dulak
14 years ago

Everybody that is saying, well...all we gotta do is fix our o-line and....

I have a simple question. How in the hell are we going to fix it?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Fix?

Hide? Every play needs to have a safety vale for Rodgers, and if there's one already, that player needs to get open in the flat. They can't cover everyone and blitz everyone, that's just not possible. We have 6 blocking 4 and getting dominated. So instead of 6, use 5 and keep that extra one in the flat for a short pass.

After that happens enough, the rush will weaken which will open up other passes.

It's a chess match and we're getting out coached offensively.

"dfosterf" wrote:

read all the responses - thought zeros was on the money +1

after the 2nd sack we should of had one extra dude on that guy. I rewatched the 5 sacks and didnt see a fullback or RB there was just out tackle getting outplayed each and everytime (played em like a basketball player does with fakes).

I still dont see why we dont do more sweeps/screens or short passes that get the ball out early and leaves rodgers on his feet
Django
14 years ago
Losing is never acceptable. Losing at home is pathetic. But, I would prefer they got the stinkers out of the way early, stay in contention and be playing their best football at the end of the season. I'll wait another couple of games before getting panicky.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago

after the 2nd sack we should of had one extra dude on that guy. I rewatched the 5 sacks and didnt see a fullback or RB there was just out tackle getting outplayed each and everytime (played em like a basketball player does with fakes).

I still dont see why we dont do more sweeps/screens or short passes that get the ball out early and leaves rodgers on his feet

"Dulak" wrote:

The reason you see little help on the left side is because they shifted most of the support to the right side.. once Colledge got into the game.. we had no strong edge... and apparently they thought Barbre need the chips more than Colledge.. probably trying to salvage confidence in the young'in.

As far as short RB flares.. that would help, but it won't take a ton to take that away either.. we don't have an electric back that makes people miss on his own on the roster.. we decided not to carry a "scat" back type.

Personally, I think Mike McCarthy was erroneous in not trying to establish the run more.. on the touchdown carry by Grant, Barbre absolutely buried his man inside (solo even).. maybe just maybe Mike McCarthy needs to adjust his gameplan a little more and see if we can establish something on the ground and not just through the air.. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"