dhazer
14 years ago
There were plenty of OT's in the draft if i recall ๐Ÿ˜› I mean we had the #9 pick and he has been learning from bustin Harrell on how to do things ๐Ÿ˜›

The Preston thing was brought up because thats what Ted Thompson went after a player that can play many spots not just one.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

During week one where Woodson was well out of position and the ball was thrown easily over him.. it happens.. the trick is not to make a habit of it. Sorry, I just didn't see Smith blowing assignment after assignment as some seem to suggest..

I am not claiming the Smith was the best thing since sliced [strike]toast[/strike] bread.. I am saying he made this team deeper than it is now.. nothing more.

When making up a final roster.. sure there is some considerations to be made for special teams, but I don't think you weaken your core units to accomplish that.

Unless they were counting on Bush more so as a corner.. but would you feel confident with Bush playing on the island? Neither would I.

"pack93z" wrote:

I am not as hard on Woodson about getting beat, and he did get beat. It happens. Those were some fast WR getting deep on him, and I am not 100% on what Woodies responsibilities were. Not sure how deep he was responsible for. And seeing that our WR beat some very good CB on similar plays, I know it happens.

And I think that is exactly what Bush is. Sort of like the emergency QB. Bush is that guy in the secondary that you never really want on the field but does have the ability as the #5 S and #6 CB. I would also guess that the trade for Martin was in the works before Smith was cut, and nobody figured Bigby, Collins and Rouse would all be dinged up this quick, giving time for Martin to be assimilated.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
14 years ago

Thing is, Smith made (more but) one play and that's one more than Bush has made in how many years?

I'm comfortable with Collins. That's the only safety on our team I can say that about.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Agreed.. and to the same accord.. I would feel alot better with Smith back there than Bush.. or Martin just because he has only had two weeks to get ready to roll in this defense. That could change once he starts playing though.. based on performance.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago

There were plenty of OT's in the draft if i recall ๐Ÿ˜› I mean we had the #9 pick and he has been learning from bustin Harrell on how to do things ๐Ÿ˜›

The Preston thing was brought up because thats what Ted Thompson went after a player that can play many spots not just one.

"dhazer" wrote:

Believe me, had Monroe been there and had we passed on him, I would've been pissed.

He, however, wasn't on the board anymore. We could've drafted a safety there as well and we didn't. It's a balance of both need and the BPA. BPA was Crabtree. Biggest need was Oher/Raji. The player that was best in line was Raji. It really wasn't that hard a choice and I really don't think you can blame him for that.

I do wonder why you keep comparing Raji to Harrell. Because he's missed two games now? Because Crabtree looks a lot more like Harrell with his constant feet and ankle problems. Do you just hate people with obesity?
Pack93z
14 years ago

I would also guess that the trade for Martin was in the works before Smith was cut, and nobody figured Bigby, Collins and Rouse would all be dinged up this quick, giving time for Martin to be assimilated.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

But this is part of my point.. both Bigby and Collins were dinged up already.. Collins with a bad hammy and Bigby with an ankle yet.. yet they gambled that they both would be healthy enough and cut at worst the 4th best safety on the roster for a guy basically off the street without even so much as working him out.

Yes, Moll for Martin, but face it both were going to be cut. Does it remind you of last years move for Frost? That isn't really meant to be a knock on Martin at this point.. he very well might pan out. But Martin is in the same mold as Bush.. so cut Bush, upgrade with Martin if that is the case and keep your 4th best safety.

Again.. Bigby and Rouse were nicked up at the time.

I fail to see the logic in that move.. even if these are new injuries to Colline and Bigby.. BTW.. Collins isn't a role model for durability either.. but usually bounces back in a hurry.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Believe me, had Monroe been there and had we passed on him, I would've been pissed.

He, however, wasn't on the board anymore. We could've drafted a safety there as well and we didn't. It's a balance of both need and the BPA. BPA was Crabtree. Biggest need was Oher/Raji. The player that was best in line was Raji. It really wasn't that hard a choice and I really don't think you can blame him for that.

I do wonder why you keep comparing Raji to Harrell. Because he's missed two games now? Because Crabtree looks a lot more like Harrell with his constant feet and ankle problems. Do you just hate people with obesity?

"dhazer" wrote:

Crabtree isn't out because of injuries hes out because he is a greedy bastard lol. To be honest i would probably be over the the whole #9 pick thing if we took a OT maybe trade down and get more picks. But when the #9 pick has made as much contribution to a team as a guy that is holding out just pisses me off.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Crabtree isn't out because of injuries hes out because he is a greedy bastard lol. To be honest i would probably be over the the whole #9 pick thing if we took a OT maybe trade down and get more picks. But when the #9 pick has made as much contribution to a team as a guy that is holding out just pisses me off.

"dhazer" wrote:

I know he's not out because of injuries right now, but he has had problems with his feet and ankle multiple times.

Let me just say this. Had we traded down, we would've never heared the end of this from you, I'm afraid. Raji would be manning the middle for the 49ers in game 3, pushing around people like crazy, after Crabtree was picked 9th. You would've come in here and tell how we reached on Oher and that [insert 2nd pick from tradedown] wasn't that necessary and we should've just sticked at 9. Pretty much like after last years draft.

Being pissed about a draft pick when he's out for 2 games after showing an amazing amount of potential in the pre-season seems somewhat short sighted to me, but hey.

I know, I know, just pre-season, but these O-linemen haven't gone from 250 pound small guys to 350 guys behemoths overnight. Getting a push is getting a push. Pre-season or not.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

I would also guess that the trade for Martin was in the works before Smith was cut, and nobody figured Bigby, Collins and Rouse would all be dinged up this quick, giving time for Martin to be assimilated.

"pack93z" wrote:

But this is part of my point.. both Bigby and Collins were dinged up already.. Collins with a bad hammy and Bigby with an ankle yet.. yet they gambled that they both would be healthy enough and cut at worst the 4th best safety on the roster for a guy basically off the street without even so much as working him out.

Yes, Moll for Martin, but face it both were going to be cut. Does it remind you of last years move for Frost? That isn't really meant to be a knock on Martin at this point.. he very well might pan out. But Martin is in the same mold as Bush.. so cut Bush, upgrade with Martin if that is the case and keep your 4th best safety.

Again.. Bigby and Rouse were nicked up at the time.

I fail to see the logic in that move.. even if these are new injuries to Colline and Bigby.. BTW.. Collins isn't a role model for durability either.. but usually bounces back in a hurry.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I can see that, but I usually look for reasons to support the decision rather then a reason to shoot holes in them. Just the way I am.

Another point is that Smith was only playing SS, where Rouse was #2 at both SS/FS, and I think they count Woody in the depth a SS as well.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

So your main beef is that we should have taken Michael Oher instead of BJ Raji? Well for one, Oher is a RT so someone would've been out of position at LT any way you slice it after Clifton went down, and you don't seem happy about moving players around, so scratch that idea. Second, the team who did take Oher, Baltimore, has Tony Moll backing him up. They're screwed if their starting tackle goes down too. In fact, I wonder how many teams wouldn't struggle in the game that their LT goes down.

I just can't follow your logic, if there is any. You just kind of cherry pick whatever sounds good to go with your dislike of management.

I personally had bigger concerns with our D-line, because we had starters in there the whole time, who should have been prepared, and they still got pushed around. I'm happy we have Raji coming back soon. I'm still very happy we took him over Oher.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

Holy shit. TWO games, and they're holding him out because of a tweaked ankle. Bitch about it while you can, because when he's back and stuffing runs for no gain you're just going to have to move on to the next random thing to bitch and whine about.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.