14 years ago
almost bad enough to change your screenname to...*ahem*...nevermind.

yeah, i've never quite seen something so horrible. 'least not in a long, long time.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

gbguy20
14 years ago
i am more upset by bush's effort on that play than anyone elses
jdspacker4
14 years ago
Rouse took a poor angle, Bush got in the way on the fumble recovery and hit the bengals player closer to the ball while making an obstacle(bush himself) for our guys to go around. U think we can trade all our safetys but collins and get sharper back. Then we can have collins and sharper as safetys to go with woodson, harris, and williams as cbs. Hell try williams out as a safety with collins and keep woodson and harris at CB. I think cutting sharper because we didnt want to pay him was as dumb as letting hentrich go. Of couse if we had a good O line then we probably could get by with the D slipping every now and then.
GO PACK GO!!!!
gbguy20
14 years ago
if you are all complaining about missed tackles in the first few games why the hell would you want sharper back?
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
What is UP with all the whining on this board about wanting players who haven't been on the roster in years? For heaven's sake, people, pick a new tune already. You act like you want 2009 to be a 1997 reunion year or something. It ain't gonna happen.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
Just before the snap I looked the guy standing next to me (everyone was standing and cheering for the defense and to try and mess up the offensive calls.) and told him that "we" have been here before. He said, "4th and 26." ball was snapped and we all got that sick sinking feeling as Cin got their 1st down on a play that was only meant to give them room to punt the ball.
UserPostedImage
jdspacker4
14 years ago
Because last I checked both are in the nfl still. Sharper is better than all but one of our safetys, and well hentrich is still better than kapinos and any other punter weve had since he left. Though kapinos hasnt done that bad yet. Youre both right though I need to quit crying about the past and cry about some of the current players we have until the packers give us something positive to talk and cheer about. By the way I say we only give up 4 sacks against the rams and maybe a 3rd and 20 . And no thats not improvement because its the rams we are playing. Maybe the WRs/TEs will only drop one ball this week.
GO PACK GO!!!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Sharper is better than all but one of our safetys, and well hentrich is still better than kapinos and any other punter weve had since he left.

"jdspacker4" wrote:

Are you so sure of that? Let's look at the numbers, shall we?

Punts   Yds   Net Yds   Lng    Avg   Net Avg   Blk   OOB   Dn   In 20   TB   FC   Ret   RetY   TD

12     527    358       58   43.9    29.8      0     0     1     2      2    2    7     129    0

9     422    397       60   46.9    44.1      0     1     1     3      0    4    3      25    0

I challenge you to decide whose numbers are whose without looking them up. (Hint: one punter has a MUCH better coverage unit on his side).

By all appearances, at this point in the season, the two punters are in a dead heat.

Let's compare Sharper to our safeties.

Total   Solo   Ast   Sck   SFTY   PDef    Int    Yds    Avg    Lng   TDs   FUM   Lost

6      3     3    0.0    --      0      --     --    0.0     --    --    --    --

9      6     3    0.0    --      3      1      31   31.0     31    0     --    --

4      4     0    0.0    --      3      3     176   44.0    97T    1     --    -- 

Again, I challenge you to figure out which one of these is Sharper and which are Packers safeties without looking it up. Bear in mind that one of these safeties has only played on game.

It's only the third week of the season. I don't think you can make sweeping judgments at this point. Remember, Collins had 7 INTs (3 for TDs) last year, and Bigby also had 7 INTs last year (0 for TDs).

How many INTs did Sharper notch last year? Precisely 1.
UserPostedImage
jdspacker4
14 years ago
Bigby has never had 7 ints sorry to burst your bubble. Though if he did have 7 ints in 7 games lasy year that would have been amazing. He's decent but probably a little overrated due to the fact he's a hard hitter. I still like the guy. By the way for the punters ones in his mid 20's ones in his later 30's. Hang time also has to do with the coverage unit so that is part of the punters duty as well. As long as its not Frost from last yr I don't really care who our punter is. The biggest concern right now is the O line we don't have. Still an early season lets hope for the best
GO PACK GO!!!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Damn, you're right. I misread the statistics page. He had 1 INT for 7 yards. I feel like a goofus now.

The first question on the synaesthesia questionnaire I had to fill out was: "Do you frequently confuse your left and your right?" I literally laughed out loud as I circled "Yes."

I still see no reason to sign Sharper. Not only would his contract demands probably be outlandish with respect to his production, but he has hardly any tackles so far this year. Sure, his INT numbers are gaudy, but that says to me he's jumping routes and going for the ball instead of focusing on the ballcarrier. I'd far rather have a cadre of safeties who tackles consistently and surely than a bunch of ballhawks always going for the highlight play.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.