Felipe7777777
14 years ago

This game is going to be weird. Situation: 4th Quarter - 2.00 minutes left Packers winning by 3. Brett against us. Wow

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

If it comes down to that I may start sacrificing my pets to the football gods for an interception.

"packersfan99" wrote:

LMAO this was too funny to me for some reason, either way i HOPE its never that close and the pack just run them over!
blank
cooolbeans08
14 years ago
Surreal? Not so much, I've gotten over that. He's been a jackass in purple for a while now.

I'll be really pumped up, that's for sure. Hopefully we get a few shots in on him.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I don't care if Adrian Peterson has 150 yards, so long as he is kept out of the end zone. Steven Jackson notched 144 yards, but he never crossed the goal line. That's the important thing.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago

Just another huge division game.. with a very familiar face at QB.

The hype over this game will drive me nutz..

"pack93z" wrote:

I agree the hype will be nauseating. Excited for the game, huge divison game early in the season. I hate that we have both Queens games in the first half of the season. Need to do our damage now. About the hype, I think it's fun, things like this because of the passion of fans, whichever side of the fence you are on, make the game that much more exciting. Here's to great football.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
TheEngineer
14 years ago
I had a dream. I had a dream that the Packers were leading 47 to 40 heading into the final few minutes of the game. Rodgers had the ball and got intercepted, letting Favre and his Vikings one last drive. Then I woke up. Never got the final score of that game.

As for the real game, honestly I've always thought Minnesota will win this one and I still do. I just don't think the Packers are firing on all cylinders yet. I think we'll win when they come back to Lambeau though.
blank
4PackGirl
14 years ago
i believe i will be watching with the mute button firmly pushed.

the hubs HATES everything favre so he'll be irritated as hell from the minute the game starts until the finish...when we hopefully beat the crap outta the vikes!!!
flep
14 years ago
Tuesday booked off

Getting up at 1AM here in the UK.

Will see you all in chat.

UK is not showing Monday night games live.

Favre will wish he had stayed retired after this one.

Put that in your sig lines formo and Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
obi1
14 years ago
I will be watching this game with Salvador Dali the surreal artist.... He draws his endzones with a dotted line... He catches every other TD pass.

I know that Favre will be psyched up for this game. Are we up to the challenge? I think this stands as a statement game for the Packers AND for the #4 wearing the purple pansy outfit.

Let's see which statistic gets more additions... The TDs record for Favre or the INT record for Favre.
blank
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago
Can't WAIT. Come on guys, seriously, its not just ANOTHER game. Its Favre v. the Packers, this is like Montana v. the 49ers. There are few players that are "that" watchable. I'm not talking about being the best, thats left to debate another time but I'm talking about purely who gets people to tune in. There's Brady, Manning and Favre (maybe AP and Brees but they are not on same level). And thats it.

You throw in that its Favre v. the Packers, MNF, its going to be the highest rated ESPN program ever is my prediction.

Can't WAIT!

Though lately I've been negative about this game after being fairly confident. I think AP is going to run all over us, so everything else won't matter. 117 rushing by Jackson plus 40+ yards receiving with a backup QB and no WRs (plus Cedric Benson). AP is better than Jackson and their Offense is way better than the Rams.

This isn't a must win but its pretty close to one in my opinion. To win the division that is, wont' effect our wildcard chase but it'll be hard to come back and win the division.
blank
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago

In the past four years, Favre has transformed himself from a plain-speaking, regular guy with a passion for the game into a selfish, self-absorbed, prima-donna. I feel betrayed, bamboozled, hoodwinked!

Four years seem like a long time? It started prior to the 2005 season. Javon Walker holds out. Favre tells him to honor his contract. Right on Favre! Then the season starts. Javon blows out his ACL. Tough break - s*!t happens. We have our worst season in years. Now, mind you, losing seasons suck, but they also show the true measure of a competitor. I didn't miss a game that year, and let me tell you, Favre didn't give two craps by the end of the season. He just closd his eyes and hucked that ball up for grabs. "Just a gunslinger", you say? No. He gave up. I lost a lot of respect for him that year. "Yeah, but they were so bad, why bother." Why? Pride.

Anyone remember former Packer, Don Beebe, before when he played for Buffalo? The Cowboys were blowing them out in the Super Bowl and Leon Lett was returning a fumble for an easy TD. Beebe came running from the other end of the field and stripped him of the ball right before crossing the goalline. That's pride. Didn't matter that the game was over - he did everything he could on that play. Favre could learn a thing or two from that.

Moving on.

"bt_impaler" wrote:

Wow you hate Favre, I get it but questioning his on-field desire or effort? I get all the hate over the off field stuff but this is a new one I have not heard before. The guy puts his body on the line every game.

Just watch the plays in this video:

Dude, he gave you a Super Bowl and ONE losing season and you crap all over EVERY aspect of him (including his desire and effort level). You should ask a Lions fan what it feels like to be a Lions fan.

He gave his all on that football field for us and this assertion that he didn't is a new criticism that I have not seen before, so I give you creative Favre bashing points.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (22h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (23h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.