hosemeoff
14 years ago

OK, no offense to anybody, but Bullshit on this eval. Anytime I see a still pic used as evidence in a football game, I want to bitch slap somebody.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Wowza! Wish were you here when Favre was being flogged by similar still frames in the NFCCG. I still think that was simply an unfortunate occurance of another pro making a great play rather than a bonehead decision by a QB.

Rodgers is good. He's probably top five ... among young QBs, but he still has a lot to learn before he's better than a lot of vets. I think it's time for the kid gloves to come off, and no, I don't think daggers in both hands should replace the gloves. Being a 5th year QB, I expect to see improvement in decision making. Remembering check-downs, especially when behind, would be a step in the right direction. Rodgers has a talented, deep, and somewhat costly receiving corp. One of Rodgers' problems is that he gets into a mindset where he looks for the big, wide-open strike to his talented WRs. I haven't seen him throwing into a lot of tight spots since his fantastic TD last year. Time to start using that big, accurate arm. No guts, no glory, yada yada yada...

Regarding those who say, if we get Rodgers an O-line he'll be great, I have to disagree or at least approach this cautiously. Good O-lines cost money. We've spent that money on QB, receivers, and some defense. If we secure the money for a better O-line, another area of the team will have to be trimmed. A veteran QB can hide a lot of flaws in a bad O-line. Let's hope we get a little of both: commitment to building a solid, two-deep O-line, and a QB that shows veteran savvy. That's when Rodgers, and more imporatantly the Packers, will be great.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm not going to continue what I was saying.

I think the guy did a good job and his point is clear. Which is Rodgers held the ball too long a few times and he could have gotten rid of the ball sooner. I disagree with his examples, but firmly agree with his point.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
Rodgers should of dumped it off on the fumble. No question about it as they pointed that out on the broadcast, but that's still not to say he had a lot of time to throw the ball. He didn't.

The safety is a different story. The Packers are down so they'll be calling more plays down the field. That's what Rodgers was doing. He was looking down the field. It was also 3rd down. That play isn't going to get you a first down. Not at all. Rodgers was looking for the 1st down like coaches teach quarterbacks to do. I watched that play too. He had 3.5 seconds before the pressure got to him. Then he was flushed out of the pocket, pumped and was sacked.

It's better to take a sack then throw an INT in that situation. Rodgers can't be thinking, I better not take a safety, he's got to be thinking, I better get the first down. If the Packer were winning, the right play is to dump it off.

As far as Favre. That comparison is not fair. Favre is one of the best EVER at getting the ball out fast. That's not to say Favre would be better behind this line because there have been times when Rodgers' mobility have allowed him to escape a sack and attempt to make something happen. Favre cannot do that anymore.

As pointed out as well, Favre had it much easier. Minnesota was rushing four and getting pressure. GB was basically letting Favre beat them. The Vikings gameplanned to stop the Packers' passing game. The Packers did the opposite. They dared Favre to beat them and he did. They wanted to shut down Adrian Peterson.

To expand further it's apples and oranges. Two different players. Watch Tom Brady play, he doesn't get rid of the ball as fast as Favre. Nobody compares them because they're different QBs. Every QB does something different. As far as Rodgers having to improve. Well of course he does. He's only going to be 25 I think. It's his second year as a starter. He needs to improve in a lot of areas and to state otherwise would be ridiculous.

That's not state that he's not good. Rodgers is playing at a Pro Bowl level right now.

However, to state that he's part or half of the problem right like some are doing now with him is even more wrong. It's so absurd that it's becoming my pet peeve. The offensive line and specifically the guards playing tackle is the problem right now and not Aaron Rodgers.

He's just playing his game. He's going to keep the play alive as long as he can. It's not nitpicking pointing out that Rodgers needs to do this better, it is nitpicking when people think he's part of the problem right now or if he could just get rid of the ball faster, GB would be much better. That's just the wrong idea.
zombieslayer
14 years ago

However, to state that he's part or half of the problem right like some are doing now with him is even more wrong. It's so absurd that it's becoming my pet peeve. The offensive line and specifically the guards playing tackle is the problem right now and not Aaron Rodgers.

True dat.

As far as I'm concerned, Aaron is a Pro Bowl candidate. Probably runner-up considering how a few other QBs in this Conference are playing.

If our OL was half as talented as Aaron, we wouldn't have this discussion right now.

Our OL is so bad and Aaron is so talented, that with an AVERAGE OL, our O would be kicking butt.

It's the OL who gets the fail, not Aaron.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

True dat.

As far as I'm concerned, Aaron is a Pro Bowl candidate. Probably runner-up considering how a few other QBs in this Conference are playing.

If our OL was half as talented as Aaron, we wouldn't have this discussion right now.

Our OL is so bad and Aaron is so talented, that with an AVERAGE OL, our O would be kicking butt.

It's the OL who gets the fail, not Aaron.

If we're 3 - 1 ... I don't think we talk about Aaron at all other than positive. When you lose games you feel you could have and should have won, you start looking for things that could be improved.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Zero - True. However, the OL needs to be improved the most.

Look at the current poll results. I've never seen a landslide poll like this before.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
CDNRodgersfan
14 years ago
Well all I'll say is if holding on to the ball to long is his only problem I can live with that At least to that's more teachable then bad accuracy or other more fundamental problems
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Well all I'll say is if holding on to the ball to long is his only problem I can live with that At least to that's more teachable then bad accuracy or other more fundamental problems

"Cdnfavre+Rodgersfan" wrote:

If I was getting sacked left and right, I'd be getting rid of that ball fast as fuck! Hut, hut, hike, TOSS IT QUICK!! lol
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
14 years ago
LOL You remember that movie Nessesary Roughness? I just remembered that backup qb who runs behind the refs. Maybe Aaron should try it
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
If Rodgers starts throwing the ball away fast enough to avoid these sacks. Here is what I expect to see. Watch from 1:50 point

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.