Zero2Cool
14 years ago

So Zero.. you agree with me then. :lol:

"pack93z" wrote:

lol ... if you're saying the Packer should have been practicing this past week, signed Tauscher to help prep him for the Lions ... yes. I agree. πŸ™‚ I've said that all along lol

BUT, when we weren't practicing this week, it was kind of obvious we wouldn't be signing Tauscher because why pay him for a week of weight room training that he can do at UW like he has been? I think it was UW.

He needs to be in football shape and you only get that with pads on an hitting people.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

lol ... if you're saying the Packer should have been practicing this past week, signed Tauscher to help prep him for the Lions ... yes. I agree. πŸ™‚ I've said that all along lol

BUT, when we weren't practicing this week, it was kind of obvious we wouldn't be signing Tauscher because why pay him for a week of weight room training that he can do at UW like he has been? I think it was UW.

He needs to be in football shape and you only get that with pads on an hitting people.

"pack93z" wrote:

You have practice squad players that are dying to make their mark in the coaches and front offices eyes.. think none of them wouldn't be willing to work out with Mark if none of the 53 would have?

We are looking at the crucial part of the schedule if we want to make a playoff run this season.. any things that can help us should be explored.. even the smallest advantage we can get.

44K is peanuts compared to the money we shell out for the 27 players that we run through training camp every year.

Listen, I am probably reaching a little, but we burned a chance to utilize the bye week IMO..

This is my last post on the subject of should have, could have and maybes of the bye week.. it is gone.. time to move on.

That doesn't mean I don't want another body added to the offensive line to add some depth at tackle, allowing Colledge to stay inside and solidifying the depth inside.. we have 3/4 of the season to go.. we will have more lost time to injury.. just the nature of the game. Runyan or Jones might look nice.. or call the Bills and offer up one of our middle linebackers for depth or picks next year that can be transformed into long term solutions on the Oline..

They lost two more backers this week.. they may want a Barnett or Hawk?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
...edit... too pissed off to let that post go through. un fucking real.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

You mean to tell me that if they had signed Mark last week that they could not have found one single DL who would have been willing to show up and work out with Mark for a couple of days of one on one drills? There is no one on the DL that is willing to tell the coach that he would like some extra time working on his moves? I guess you are right the defense rush is so good no one needs any extra reps.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Hey, I never said I agreed with what happened. I'm just explaining it from the facts that I've learned and read. Christ, go ambush the freaking Packers staff. They're the ones who gave the damn team off most of the week. Not me. I personally think they should have been practicing and Tauscher should have been signed earlier to get the drills down and to help get him into football shape. Freakin big bully!!!

"wpr" wrote:

I knew I could get you with this one. Like shooting fish in the barrel.
With that said. I am sorry. I know you are frustrated too. I was just venting a bit because it is so obvious to us stupid fans and yet management sees it so different. Insert a wimpy voice, "The team just needs a break. They have been working so hard." :pukeright:
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

...edit... too pissed off to let that post go through. un fucking real.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Sorry.. we are speaking the same thing.. that last post wasn't challenging or pointed at you.. the target is the Packers staff... just some of the ramblings that flow through my head..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

Ahh
Bringing Packer Home buddies together again. My job is done. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You have practice squad players that are dying to make their mark in the coaches and front offices eyes.. think none of them wouldn't be willing to work out with Mark if none of the 53 would have?

We are looking at the crucial part of the schedule if we want to make a playoff run this season.. any things that can help us should be explored.. even the smallest advantage we can get.

44K is peanuts compared to the money we shell out for the 27 players that we run through training camp every year.

Listen, I am probably reaching a little, but we burned a chance to utilize the bye week IMO..

This is my last post on the subject of should have, could have and maybes of the bye week.. it is gone.. time to move on.

That doesn't mean I don't want another body added to the offensive line to add some depth at tackle, allowing Colledge to stay inside and solidifying the depth inside.. we have 3/4 of the season to go.. we will have more lost time to injury.. just the nature of the game. Runyan or Jones might look nice.. or call the Bills and offer up one of our middle linebackers for depth or picks next year that can be transformed into long term solutions on the Oline..

They lost two more backers this week.. they may want a Barnett or Hawk?

"pack93z" wrote:

We could get a very high second from them for either Barnett or Hawk. I'm afraid that Barnett would be the odd man out in that scenario. He would be a very solid MLB for the Bills, but that'd mean that he'd be replacing Posluszny. Something I don't see happening. It'd make far more sense to go for a back-up for them.

I know, little in-depth on something you just threw out there.

I don't know how much difference it would've made if they signed Tauscher now or last week. He knows the system, he's been working out himself, he knows the players around him. I have a very hard time believing that it would've made a big difference for his play.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Yeah, I'm an easy target on a slow work day. I need to lighten up a bit.

We have him signed, I'm happy with that and hope he contributes.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

We could get a very high second from them for either Barnett or Hawk. I'm afraid that Barnett would be the odd man out in that scenario. He would be a very solid MLB for the Bills, but that'd mean that he'd be replacing Posluszny. Something I don't see happening. It'd make far more sense to go for a back-up for them.

I know, little in-depth on something you just threw out there.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

But if you are the Bills, you now have two years of Posluszny and both end early for him.. Durability has to be questioned.

Another thing with the Bills, is do they really try to acquire more "now" talent with the season fading quickly.

It was more of a spit ball against the wall than anything.. they have backer falling over like flies.

And Zero.. I need to work on my delivery I think... I get fiery with this team... too much so... taking a break from it for a day or two..

Go Packers.. we need a solid week of practice and have a nice clean decisive victory this weekend.. it would do wonders for this fan base. Especially me. πŸ˜‰
warhawk
14 years ago
The team needs the week off. It is already going to be demanding enough to get through twelve weeks without a break. This did not come at a good time from that stand point. I don't even agree that bye weeks should come this early.

They would have risked a very weary team without any time off to get over some of the nagging injury stuff that all teams go through. I believe it would have been unprecedented to continue practice on the bye.

As far as Tauscher goes he's only on the cusp of having the rehab time needed to come back. He will have to go at it in stages or the guy is just going to go down again.

Geez. The next thing will be the waterboy isn't bringing cold enough water onto the field.

It's like nobody has ever seen a team fix a problem and turn things around. I remember a couple of years ago Indy couldn't stop anybody from running the ball all over them and next thing you know they were much better at it and made a run.

It's called overcoming adversity. How many post Super Bowl interviews with players do you need to hear when a player says "we had to overcome so much throughout the year."

It will be the same this year, and another thing, any team or teams that just ride right through the season probably WON'T be the team that wins it all. Just ask NE.

We will fix this. The number of sacks has been INSANE and yet we could still be sitting 4-0. Even the Vikings with EIGHT sacks at home couldn't just put us away. That's the sign of a good team and good teams find a way.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (5h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (20h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (20h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (21h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (21h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : β€œWe’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#Γ—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.