dfosterf
14 years ago
The more I think about Brown, the less I like it. He is in fact a perfect fit for the Packers. This is why I hate the ZBS. This is the point I have been making for over three years now. It isn't the scheme, it's the personnel that fit the scheme.

This guy is light. Too light.

That said, if he's there at (where are we, 21-yes?) I'll bet he is the choice, at least as things stand at this moment.

Nope, taking him off my wish list, for now.

OK-- I did it with the Cowboys a few weeks ago, now I just did it for the Eagles. I like this kind of "make-up" on an offensive line. A line like this says "kiss my ass" to Jared Allen, The Williams wall, etc. NOT the specific players...the KIND of players...

Eagles starting offensive line:

Jason Peters Left Tackle 6'4" 340
Todd Herremans Left Guard 6'6" 321
Jamaal Jackson Center 6'4" 330
Nick Cole Right Guard 6'0" 350
Winston Justice Right Tackle 6'6" 320

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.
Rockmolder
14 years ago

The more I think about Brown, the less I like it. He is in fact a perfect fit for the Packers. This is why I hate the ZBS. This is the point I have been making for over three years now. It isn't the scheme, it's the personnel that fit the scheme.

This guy is light. Too light.

That said, if he's there at (where are we, 21-yes?) I'll bet he is the choice, at least as things stand at this moment.

Nope, taking him off my wish list, for now.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Still liking my 'scenario 3'.

We trade down, grab Spiller, and grab Carimi in the 2nd. He is nowhere near too light. The guy is huge. At least, on paper.

You watch him play, I bet, you ought to know a little more about him.

The one thing that he has going for him, Brown that is, is that he can bulk up quite a bit. I can easily see him going towards Jason Peters proportions. And if he'll keep his athletic ability at that weigth, like Peters has, he'll be one of the best tackles in the league.
dfosterf
14 years ago
That putting on the weight thing I have to look into some more. The kid is already a converted TE that has bulked up. I'm not syaing it cannot be done...That is what Justin Harrell (Oh, snap, lol) did.

PS I edited previous post--please note Iggles O line.

Edit---

And btw---

There is (and has been) NO indication of a transition away from the ZBS by this team. None. Nada. Squadoosh. I go back to that Jamon Meredith signing. I thought it was a good one, but inferior to a Duke Robinson signing. A Duke Robinson signing would have (imo) been indicitiave of a possible transition.

We get a Lang. I like Lang, but he too is light in the pants.

It will be a continuous source of weakness on this team. We may get better on that o-line, but it will never be dominant until we get bigger there. We don't have to go "huge"--That would take many years to get big and fast--read "rare commdodity", as in 1st round draft choices--- Just bigGER.

The sad thing is that "good enough" is a continued theme in Green Bay. We (GBP) get sucked into thinking that this bogus combination of ZBS and "Good fit for the ZBS" type-players are good enough.

I have said, say, and will say....

Bullshit.

Edit 27b--

INSTEAD, we seem to be going the WRONG F#CKING WAY...size-wise.

Edit-28a--

Woke up in a good mood, now I'm not, lol

We play against (arguably) the best defensive front 4 in the NFL

WITH-

(Arguably) The worst offensive line in the NFL.

1. Who didn't see the results of THAT coming...I mean, really.

2. We (probably) go NOWHERE this year (even if we make the playoffs) as a result.

3. If we DO have any success in the post season, it will be IN SPITE OF, not because of, that offensive line.

4. We MIGHT. The reason we MIGHT, is because we are so VERY WELL ARMED in so many other areas of this football team. THAT is what is so INCREDIBLY frustrating about it.

5. I don't know who to blame. Most want to blame Ted. I WANT TO BLAME FRED FLINTSTONE... I think it is HIM making the decision on sticking with the ZBS, and Ted drafts accordingly. I could be wrong, but SO COULD YOU (to anyone out there saying "bullshit" to themselves right about now) We have NO WAY of knowing, for sure..it could be BOTH of them, I don't know.

6. Mike McCarthy is Fred when I get on a rant. It's nothing personal. :thumbleft:

(Probably) more to come.
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I think CJ Spiller would be our counter to Minnesota's pick last year in Percy Harvin.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

I think CJ Spiller would be our counter to Minnesota's pick last year in Percy Harvin.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I agree i would love to see spiller on our team. He is the elusive player we need.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Walter Football 

22 - Green Bay Packers: Charles Brown, OT, USC

There is no question that the Packers need to find upgrades on their offensive line. The front has been better lately, but it's not like they were really tested against the 49ers. And besides, Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher won't be able to stay healthy forever.

Charles Brown fits Green Bay's scheme perfectly.

It's amazing that, in this mock draft, this kid has fallen all the way from 16 to 22, just because no team should need O-line help that badly. If that's really the case, we'd luck out. Better contract for us and still the same elite tackle.

NFL Draft Dog 

24 - OLB/DE Brandon Graham, Michigan

Graham would be the perfect fit in the Packers 34 defense. He could play OLB opposite Clay Mathews.

Graham has been super productive this year recording 26 tackles for loss (TFL) and 10.5 sacks after 12 games.

Still our second biggest need, if you ask me. Brown falls out of the first round in this mock, so we won't get an OT, but we will get a quality pass rusher. Wouldn't be too unhappy with this pick. 6'2, 260, would slide in right away, I think.

Football's Future 

21 - Green Bay - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

The Packers may have bigger needs, but you wont find better value than Spiller here. On top of that, his speed and playmaking ability in the backfield would be a nice compliment to Ryan Grant and give the offense its most explosive weapon. After Spillers big senior year he is unlikely to be available here, but he would be tremendous value if he is.

I agree with this mock. If Spiller somehow falls this far, we just have to take him. He has a little Chris Johnson in him. Worst case, we get a Reggie Bush kind of guy. Best case, we pretty much get Chris Johnson. Love this pick.
14 years ago
I don't know if Spiller is going to fall that far, to be honest. As long as he has a good combine/pro day, he will go pretty high. A lot of teams and fan bases are talking about him. With the way these dynamic "weapons" are performing this year and getting the spotlight (C. Johnson, P. Harvin, etc.) Spiller won't last.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I think we should trade up for Spiller unless there is a good opportunity for us to get a good OT like Russel Okung or Brian Bulaga at our default draft pick.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Walter Football 

23 - Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

Al Harris, who just turned 35, is coming off ACL surgery. His replacement, Tramon Williams, was targeted 13 times by Joe Flacco. Williams drew three pass-interference flags. It's safe to say that corner will be an area of need for the Packers this offseason.

With how far we've fallen, Brown is now officially out of our range. I wouldn't mind a CB here. I'm always a little wary of little brothers from already failed NFL players. I know, it doesn't have to mean anything, but Brohm really strengthened that feeling for me.

Draft Ace 

22 - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa.

Injuries and inconsistent play has plagued the Packers offensive line all season. Its been some times since they've addressed their offensive line with a high draft pick, and its led to a depleted line without anyone ready to step up into a new starting role. Bulaga is only a junior, but if he enters the draft he could sneak into the 1st round. He has the potential to play left tackle, which we know has the ability to rise a player's draft position above his perceived value.

Like I've stated before, I'm not the biggest fan of Bulaga. I'm slowly coming around, though, as our draft pick is getting lower and lower. He's beginning to be a good value pick at 22, in my eyes, despite of what this site says.

New NFL Draft 

23 - Trevard Lindley, CB, UK

The Packers take a very good CB here who is going to help an aging secondary for the packers. Lindley is an athletic CB who can definitely be good for the Packers in the 2010 NFL Season. Look for the Packers to take Lindley here in the 2010 NFL Mock Draft.

This would be one big reach. Lindley is a 2nd rounder, at best. If we really where to be this desperate for a corner, I'd prefer that we'd trade down to the second round. We could still get this guy there.

The only way this pick is justifiable, if is he has an amazing combine. Especially showing off some speed, as he reportedly runs a 4.53 40.
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
If we are back in the 20's like this and Jahvid Best is till there, TAKE HIM!!

But I do however want a premier left tackle.

Wow, I don't know what I want more. I'm just going to sit and let Ted Thompson do what he does.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (4h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (19h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (19h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (19h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (20h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.