Zero2Cool
14 years ago
OFFENSE
The more I review Aaron Rodgers, the more I admire him for his talents. Rodgers threw for over 300 yards (2nd of the season, 6th career) while being harrassed by a litter of kittens who luckily sacked him five times . Two were against 7-man rushes. He stepped into the sack twice, once against a 4-man and another against 5-man rush. I'm not faulting him for it because he had no clue what his tackles were giving up on the outer pocket. He did hold the ball a bit longer than I'd like, wait, what am I saying? The two times he did, he made great plays with this ability to keep the play alive.

Early in the game on 3rd and 6 the felines provided Rodgers with a free play. Rodgers made them pay by hitting James Jones who made an impressive cut that reminded me of his 79 yard TD against the Broncos back in '07. It was a smart play by Rodgers and great display of determination by Jones.

One of Rodgers most impressive plays came on a 2nd and 14 play in the 3rd quarter where Chad Clifton felt Rodgers needed more of a challenge. Clifton let Julian Peterson run free at Rodgers, who ran right a step or two, circled back left towards the sideline, pump fakes, stepped back and threw across his body to the middle of field were Donald Lee snagged the ball for 26 yards and a first down. If that didn't impress you, Rodgers did one better when his pocket collapsed around him. Did he panic? Hell no! Even though he had a kitty digging its claws into his back, he stood in there like a man an flung the ball-o-bacon to Brandon Jackson in the deep flat for a fresh set of downs. Take that pussies! Rodgers held onto the ball too long and made two phenomenal plays. Maybe it's time to relax on his holding the ball too long, eh?

Rodgers wasn't perfect, he did throw an interception in this game, although the game was well in hand, it was a risk he didn't need to take. I predict he won't do that again. Also, the phantom fake hand off was a bit disturbing. Judging from Grants move after the sanap, I think that was on him.

Did you know that in 21 NFL starts that Rodgers has scored a rushing or passing touchdown in each game except for one? Pretty damn good.

Grant had 11 carries in the fourth quarter. Does anyone else see a problem with this? Give the man 12 - 15 touches in the first half. He's a bruiser, let him bruise the defense!

DEFENSE
Aaron Kampman finally took advantage of his option to put his mits on the blades of grass and damn did he look good! Five hits on the quarterback and one sack. I'll take that every game out of our OLB. Mark this down, Kampman WILL be resigned before he is a free agent.

Clay Matthews III. B-E-A-S-T. Clay racked up two sacks and three tackles and his presence was felt all over. Did you see him do the Daunte 'rollin' after his second sack? I hope teams continue to try an block him with tight ends. Ask Brandon Pettigrew how fair that was.

Atari Bigby is more important than most will give credit for. Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers explained that it's difficult to unleash hells wrath on offenses when you have inexperience at the safety position. It's no coincidence that we seen similar agressivity against the Lions as we did against the Bears. The last game Bigby played.

The defense held the Lions offense to zero third down conversions out of 10 tries and also stopped two fourth down conversions. 1 - 4 Lions or not, that's trucking impressive! Add-in five sacks and three interceptions, one by each, Cullen Jenkins, Al Harris (who had a sack), Bigby. Tramon Williams should have one as well.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Did you like Jordy Nelson's 99 yard opening kick return for a touchdown? You're only going to see it in the PackersHome.com highlight video because of, yep, you guessed it, a penalty. Mason Crosby was perfect on his four field goals when the offense couldn't get six out of successful drives near or in the red zone. Jordy Nelson bobbled another punt return and subsequently was injured on the play. He'll be gone for two weeks. Tramon came in and returned a punt for 45 yards and then was replaced by Charles Woodson. I understand Tramon is a huge player in our nickel defense which we run a lot, but we need someone else back there other than Woodson.

ZERO's PRATTLE
Daryn Colledge and Donald Driver made my day Sunday. They committed the only penalties that make me smile. Unnecessary roughness of the personal misconduct flavor. I'll take two of those every game. As Mike Tomlin says, the team that is more violent usually wins. I believe that theory very much. Punch them in the mouth! Nick Collins and Nick Barnett also had some nice sticker helmet rattling hits in the game. [url=index.php?name=Pro_News&aid=114]full article[/url].
UserPostedImage
matteogb4
14 years ago
amen
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
🙂
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago
Good stuff, Zero!
UserPostedImage
bakler5
14 years ago
A little fun fact. QBs are told to do the fake, rb there or not, to keep the timing of the play down. he doesn't do that fake he might be a step or two ahead of his receivers. It is all about timing.
God didn't create Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers created God.
Dulak
14 years ago

ZERO's PRATTLE
Daryn Colledge and Donald Driver made my day Sunday. They committed the only penalties that make me smile. Unnecessary roughness of the personal misconduct flavor. I'll take two of those every game. As Mike Tomlin says, the team that is more violent usually wins. I believe that theory very much. Punch them in the mouth! Nick Collins and Nick Barnett also had some nice sticker helmet rattling hits in the game. [url=index.php?name=Pro_News&aid=114]full article[/url].

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Nice analysis - you missed my man bishop whom was getting into a tussle with some other guy. But they called it on bishop.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I might try to do something like this after every game from the notes I take during the game. It just takes me a bit to find the time to do it. (you can't tell by the article that it took more than 5 minutes though, lol)

A little fun fact. QBs are told to do the fake, rb there or not, to keep the timing of the play down. he doesn't do that fake he might be a step or two ahead of his receivers. It is all about timing.

"bakler5" wrote:

We're playing little fun facts game? Sweet! I have one for ya. QB's are supposed to be in sync with the RB when doing a fake hand off. 😉

Did Grant line up on the wrong side? Maybe.

Did Rodgers do the fake hand off on the right side? Maybe.

Did Rodgers do the right thing when he seen Grant wasn't there by still doing the fake? Yes.

Whatever happened, it looked funny! 🙂
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
14 years ago
Cool analysis dude. I thought Jennings got into a little bit of a rhythmn. Seems like he faded out for a few games. The big story is Lang, though. Can he hold up?
The season pretty much rides on his shoulders.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
macbob
14 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I might try to do something like this after every game from the notes I take during the game. It just takes me a bit to find the time to do it. (you can't tell by the article that it took more than 5 minutes though, lol)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

We're playing little fun facts game? Sweet! I have one for ya. QB's are supposed to be in sync with the RB when doing a fake hand off. 😉

Did Grant line up on the wrong side? Maybe.

Did Rodgers do the fake hand off on the right side? Maybe.

Did Rodgers do the right thing when he seen Grant wasn't there by still doing the fake? Yes.

Whatever happened, it looked funny! :)

"bakler5" wrote:

Zero-I greatly enjoyed your analysis/article. PLEASE continue them!
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
The statistic of the season might be that Jennings only has one TD reception thus far this season. I'm confident that will be rectified eventually, however.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.