Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

Packers will need to intercept Favre a couple times to clinch this one. Minnesotans found out last game about the heartbreak of the game changing fumble and the game losing interceptions that Favre provided for the Packers fans for 15 or so years.

"DakotaT" wrote:

You are joking right? As much heartache Favre's brought you guys, he's brought us DOUBLE time. Not to point out the HISTORY of the Vikings heartbreaks.. Favre's 2 turnovers last Sunday don't even EFFECT us and our heartaches. Sorry.

"Formo" wrote:

Actually only half kidding. As much excitement as Favre brought to GB and the NFL, I marvelled in as a Packer fan. As a fan of Favre playing as a Packer, I forgave the last minute INTs and fumble returns that caused the Packers to lose the game.

I am saying that it has just begun for you guys to augment the heartbreaks of the Vikings fans have already had.

"obi1" wrote:

Eh, can't be worse than Gary Anderson missing his first FG of the year in the NFC Championship game.

Or having a QB that has an MVP year (Culpepper), yet still can't manage to do anything in the playoffs.

Or any other sort of heartbreak we've endured throughout the years.. Favre could throw the REST of the season, and it still wouldn't affect me like the other choke jobs have.

"Formo" wrote:

I've been sick for the last few days so thanks for the uplift. A walk down Minnesota's misery lane should cheer up any Packer fan. BTW - the MOA sucks. $90 for 3 spoiled blonde girls to go through camp Nickelodeon is ridiculus.

"obi1" wrote:

Thanks for helping our economy.. Feel free to come back soon!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
porky88
14 years ago

It'll be a great game again like last time. I know it's too late but we should've won the last showdown if our o-line was better/healthier. 3 plays in the redzone and no score. This time it'll be different with Grant running the ball better and Rodgers getting better protection and having time to throw the ball to our WRs. Can't wait!

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Yea, running better and playing better vs the Lions and Browns. You're gonna be sorely disappointed. I will stay away from here for a few days after this monstrous blowout because I dont want to get banned.

"acuratl" wrote:

You really believe it's a blowout? How? You're talking a lot of smack in a ton of threads, but you have zero facts to support your theory of a blowout. It sounds like a guess which is fine, but I think if you're expecting a blowout, you may be disappointed as well.

I think Minnesota will win the game, but it's going to be pretty even and it could go either way. I trust Ryan Longwell and Adrian Peterson in the fourth quarter more than I trust Mason Crosby and Ryan Grant. That's why I think Minnesota will win.

These teams just don't blow each other out. They never had... even when Favre was QB of the Packers and Brad Johnson was for the Vikings. It just doesn't work that way. Of course there are some exceptions, but usually it's when one team is really good and the other really bad. The Packers aren't a bad team. They're not great, but not bad either. They're average and at home.

Whoever commits the fewest turnovers will probably win the game. GB committed two turnovers in Viking territory in the first meeting and turned the ball over on downs at the one yard line.

Minnesota still only one by seven. Hardly a blowout.
dhpackr
14 years ago
it will be a blowout if rodgers gets injured and has to leave the game
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
zombieslayer
14 years ago
It will be a blowout. I already said 37-24, but a lot of Vikings points will be when the game is pretty much over.

The thing is, I gotta work on Formo's avatar.

Now the game I'm actually worried about is us vs either the Vikings or the Saints in the Playoffs. Playing the Vikings here, we'll win. Playing there, I think they'd win. I still don't think we can beat the Saints though.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
bboystyle
14 years ago

ok so now that we beat the Lions (which had a 3rd string qb and missing their stud wr) and Browns we are back to being a great team spare me. I see AP lighting up the Packers this time around.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Why did they have their third string QB in there? Because we KNOCKED OUT the 2nd stringer! POW RIGHT IN THE KISSAH!

Great team? I wouldn't go that far. A team who did as they were supposed to, yes.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Lions dont even have a legit 1st stringer on their roster. Maybe not even a legit 2nd stringer. None of them should be behind center at this point. They all fucking suck.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

How many points did the Lions score on the Packers?
How many points did the Lions score on the Vikings?

I mean, since all their QB's suck, 1st, 2nd or 3rd don't matter. Right?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Pretty weak Zero. If your point is to say the Packers are better because their margin of victory against the Lions was bigger than that of the Vikings, thats pretty damn weak. I expect more of you :)

"dhazer" wrote:

Well you're not doing any better backing up your blow out prediction..I mean u guys dominated the game at home while we played probably our worse football in a long time yet u only managed to win by a TD which could of been a tie if Lee didnt drop his TD pass...Either way,you're feeling your team too much and if u think you're squad is going to go into Lambeau and blow us out,well you're dead wrong...You're team is not in any way more superior then ours...Matter of fact,you guys are over rated...You're not in the same league as the Saints yet u talk like your some high profile team...If rodgers even has 4 seconds to throw the ball,you're team is toast...
dd80forever
14 years ago

ok so now that we beat the Lions (which had a 3rd string qb and missing their stud wr) and Browns we are back to being a great team spare me. I see AP lighting up the Packers this time around.

"dhazer" wrote:

Bingo, Vikings cruise 34-17
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

Bingo, Vikings cruise 34-17

"dhazer" wrote:

You need to go into the Back Alley. You brave enough to bet your avatar on this?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
14 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

Record wise..... Green Bay is the best team Minnesota has defeated. If the Packers aren't that good then I wonder what the says about Minnesota. These teams have played three of the same teams. Browns, Rams, and Lions. Both teams have beaten them and good teams do that. Nobody is truly a great team until the playoffs get rolling.

I think the Packers are clearly a different team than they were the first time around.

1. Clay Matthews is a full-time player.

2. Aaron Kampman is rushing with his hand in the dirt in the nickel package and he'll be up against Phil Loadholt in this game with his hand down.

3. The Packers offensive will at least have it's starting LG playing LG and not LT. That is big.

4. Quinn Johnson has made an impact in the running game. He's a much stronger lead blocker than any Packer FB.

5. Atari Bigby while not great nor any good IMO is still an upgrade over Derrick Martin.

Great isn't' the word I'd describe the Packers with, but they're different.

"dhazer" wrote:

I agree. We've lost Finley, who was our biggest offensive weapon in that game, but I think what we've gained outweighs that. Not to mention we've gain a HB who can catch the ball.
Plus, Antoine Winfield is OUT.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago

Lets hope we get some refs who actually call a fair game...Im not the type to call conspiracy(i leave that to Vike fans) but the amount of penalties called against us and the ZERO penalties Vikings had was ridiculous...

"IronMan" wrote:

Actually the Vikings had 2 penalties. (The Packers had 7)

And whenever you follow "I'm not the type to call conspiracy." with, "but", then you are calling conspiracy. 😉 Its either an excuse or it isn't. Lets not blame the loss on the officials.

"bboystyle" wrote:

They didn't cost us the game in and of themselves, but they sure didn't help us either. The Oline lost that game, plain and simple.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago

Lets hope we get some refs who actually call a fair game...Im not the type to call conspiracy(i leave that to Vike fans) but the amount of penalties called against us and the ZERO penalties Vikings had was ridiculous...

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Actually the Vikings had 2 penalties. (The Packers had 7)

And whenever you follow "I'm not the type to call conspiracy." with, "but", then you are calling conspiracy. 😉 Its either an excuse or it isn't. Lets not blame the loss on the officials.

"IronMan" wrote:

I wouldn't blame anything on the refs.

If one thing, I'm getting sick of all the false start, illegal formations and holding calls, but those are all on us.

The only thing that's out of our hands that I'm getting sick off is all this illegal contact. Go over the gametape. Nearly every single illegal contact or DPI call against us was a questionable one.

"bboystyle" wrote:

Those are being called based on reputation. But we don't play primarily man anymore.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (15h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (15h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (16h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.