Since69
14 years ago

1. Havner, two great games now and he plays tight end, linebacker, and special teams... that's the kind of depth player everyone hopes for

2. Lang was left out to dry and largely played well against one of the best pass rushers in the game. It's bad to give up 3 sacks (1 was a miscommunication in assignments) but he wasn't usually giving up heavy pressure. He's a rookie so those mental mistakes will fade out over time and if he bulks up some he could be a solid tackle.

3. The vaunted Vikings rushing game was, for the second time this year, contained by our defense. Peterson had one good run of 33 yards. Aside from that he averaged 2.67 ypc (24 carries for 64 yards). Chester Taylor only averaged 2.4 ypc. Harvin had a rush for 2 yards. For some reason we have their run offense figured out. Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to get pressure on them whether we bring 3 or 6.

4. Rodgers in the second half. Rodgers may have played his worst football all year in the first half of this game. He actually had some time to throw in the early goings but he couldn't find anyone and hold it until he was sacked or when he did he would overthrow them. On a side note, the receivers might have had their worst combined effort in the first half too, no one got open. In the second half he might have played his best football this year. He snapped the fuck out of it.

5. 24-3 down and coming back to make it a game. The team showed some heart in doing that to one of the best teams in the league. For God's sake though could they come out and play 4 quarters next time. The talent is there to compete with the Vikings but the consistency is not. That comes down both to coaches and the players.

6. We got Greg Jennings involved in a game! 8 catches for 88 yards and a TD. I expect to see him get more and more involved as the season goes on. I wonder if those injuries he sustained early on were effecting him or if we're just getting a little more time to throw the ball and that's allowing us to get him involved, but whatever it is let's keep him going.

Despite how poorly we played in the first half and first drive of the third quarter, we put ourselves in a position to win the game. I'm furious with the game as I know all of you are. In particular, I couldn't fucking stand the coverage team. We had done well in that department all year and they didn't show up today. That cost us quite a few points. The line played better this time around then they did last, still no where near where it needs to be, but better. Capers needs to take a long hard look at how we can get some fucking pressure. If we can learn to get to the quarterback even occasionally we can stop elite offenses. If you don't believe that look at what we've done to Peterson through two games. Last year we had no run defense, now we're stopping the premier rusher in the league.

Let's go beat the snot out of Tampa next week. I want Minnesota in the playoffs.

"mi_keys" wrote:

What ^he^ said. All of it. +1.
UserPostedImage
coltonja
14 years ago

I'm tired of this 'see the light' stuff. I've tried and it's just not there. We get nice stats, but yet nothings showing up in the W column to match them.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Zero, I love ya for this site, but if that's true then stay in the negative ones!!

I hate going into those negative threads where people are saying how horrible we are and how bad our coaches are. We aren't a bad team. Maybe we aren't a good team, but our potential to be a good team is so much higher than that of us becoming a team with multiple losing seasons/no playoff or Super Bowl hopes.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
coltonja
14 years ago
dd80forever, your entire negative argument infuriates me. You are bringing a negative attitude to this positive thread and that's ridiculous. If we want to talk to each other about some of our shining players and parts of our team, please do not come in here preaching about how good Childress is. If you want to, start another thread about how "good" he is so we can tell you why he is not a good coach.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
14 years ago
I was highly upset with the loss but it is crazy how you can take some positives out of a negative.

1. Havner is a player. Good on special teams and a good back up on offense.

2. Lang. Yes three sacks but I am speaking in long terms. The kid showed some glimpses and he will be able to play. I really hope at RT next year.

3. Stopping the run again.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

Brad Childress will get his contract extended now for sure.

That's the bright spot.

Oh and Aaron "that choke artist" Rodgers is the highest rated passer in the game right now.

"dd80forever" wrote:

I really get a kick out of listening to you guys harp on this.

Guy has improved his team every year.

Guy is part of some good drafts and good to great FA signings.

Guy is the coach of the division champs.

I figured since it's a 16 games season, sixteen games is a good benchmark to continue to use.

Well, in the last sixteen games, the guy you "pray never leaves" is 13-3.

The guy that you continue to defend at all costs? Well, surprisingly he's 6-10.

And highest rated Passer tag is great, except for the fact that we are sitting at 4-3 and he holds the ball to long in key situations.

I think A-Rod believes that QB Rating wins games as well.

"porky88" wrote:

Rodgers is playing well and to not admit that shows that you are way to clouded by your feelings about Favre. You're too attached to it and most fans are. Some are attached to the other side and you are attached to your side. Unfortunately, you get statements that are just not true from a football standpoint like Rodgers believes he thinks the QB rating is more important than winning games.

The Packers have a good QB and they have a QB going forward which is a lot better than I think 90% of Packer fans thought they would have after Favre was no longer a Green Bay Packer.

As far as Childress. He is doing the same thing McCarthy and Ted Thompson did. They're riding the coattails of Favre. I give Childress credit for his ability to evaluate talent, but as a gameday head coach, he's know better than Mike Sherman, whom I'm not crazy about either. He's made more than enough questionable calls. He gets by because he has talent top to bottom, but he hasn't learned anything as a coach IMO. He calls the same game today as he did in his first year. I'm very impressed with the Minnesota Vikings. Brett Favre is the MVP after eight weeks of football and Percy Harvin is arguably the rookie of the year, but their weakness is their head coach and he could be the reason why they don't win the Super Bowl.
coltonja
14 years ago

As far as Childress. He is doing the same thing McCarthy and Ted Thompson did. They're riding the coattails of Favre. I give Childress credit for his ability to evaluate talent, but as a gameday head coach, he's know better than Mike Sherman, whom I'm not crazy about either. He's made more than enough questionable calls. He gets by because he has talent top to bottom, but he hasn't learned anything as a coach IMO. He calls the same game today as he did in his first year. I'm very impressed with the Minnesota Vikings. Brett Favre is the MVP after eight weeks of football and Percy Harvin is arguably the rookie of the year, but their weakness is their head coach and he could be the reason why they don't win the Super Bowl.

"porky88" wrote:

Strike my idea about the "why Childress sucks" thread. Porky said it all +1
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
I forgot Havner. I can't believe a guy that big can move like he does.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DGB454
14 years ago
This might sound bad for some on here but the bright spot for me was that it was obvious by the crowd reaction that Brett is not welcome in GB any longer.
I didn't think I would enjoy the constant booing but I actually did.

I also liked Rodgers play in the second half, Havner all game, Matthews for the most part, and Pickett.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.