Stevetarded
14 years ago
Well when we are using 6 guys to block against 4 Rodgers should have all the time in the world. Not 4 or less seconds.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

I laugh at the people who say Rodgers needs to take more risks. Well he took more risks last game and look what happened. Now people are saying he is taking too many risks? Make your minds up :P

There are 2 ways you need to look at your "gambling" point. There is a positive and a negative.

1. The negative, which you kind of already stated with holding onto the ball too long trying to make the big play instead of the right play risking a sack/fumble.

2. The positive of holding onto the ball too long can also mean there is no play, so Rodgers isn't forcing something that is not there and risking an interception.

But I do agree that Rodgers and McCarthy have to make changes. Rodgers plays like he has all the time in the world to throw and McCarthy calls plays that require Rodgers to have a lot of time to throw. If you put that together with our offensive line, it has bad news written all over it.

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

Risks against single coverage on a slant or short cross is much different from throwing into triple coverage.

Attacking a player with a quick strike is still single coverage and is a smart play.

Throwing into triple coverage is not taking chances, it is being foolish (side effect of frustration)
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wils0646
14 years ago
Nothing is wrong with Rodgers' accuracy at all. He's just holding on to the ball too long when a throw should go out of bounds/uncatchable. Understandably, being a 2nd year starter, he's missing blocking assignments when teams blitz.

Other than that, I have no problem with him as our QB. Those two skills can be nurtured and perfected with experience.
The Pack Will Be Back.
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

I'm saying Aaron is known for his own characterisitics and he's drifted away from them. His holding onto the ball too long and jjitteriness and interceptions are not his game. He's talented, but is getting away from the little nuances that really showcased his talent.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I wonder if getting sacked often is having an effect on him?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think getting sacked and still getting the next play call being down field routes is having an effect.

They should put a mic on Rodgers in the huddle. I can hear him now.

"Jesus Christ when is this idiot going to call a damn Slant"

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

This - and it's not just sacks. Even when he gets the ball out he's getting creamed damn near every play. Did you see the emotion after his TD run? That had "Fuck it - I'll just do this shit myself" written all over it - must have felt good to do the hitting for once. He HAS to be incredibly frustrated.
blank
El3ment12
14 years ago
Man there is a load of blame going around right now, but I can't bring myself to blame Rodgers. I think the playcalling is hindering him
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

[ Even when he gets the ball out he's getting creamed damn near every play.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

This is such an excellent point. Even when Rodgers gets rid of the ball, he seems to be on the ground anyway. He's getting hit much more than the sack statistics indicate. It seems like he's getting hit almost as much as our running backs.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
I would be really interested in hearing what the Houston coaching staff said about David Carr's "not getting rid of it soon enough" back when Carr was getting shellacked.

ISTM that you get hit enough, you start developing bad habits and other bad habits can get worse. Maybe Rodgers has been holding the ball too long all along, but ISTM he held it longer, and oftener, in the Tampa game than he did in prior games.

And we should be surprised that after having the crap beat out of him week after week that he doesn't "improve" but "gets worse."

Frankly, were I Rodgers I'd be pissed at the line. And I might be even more pissed at McCarthy for his lukewarm management-speak "support". Frankly, each week I see McCarthy trying to shift more of the blame for his own inabilities/the OL shortcomings to Rodgers -- and missing the underlying cause for *why* Rodgers might be getting worse.

After 30 plus sacks in half a season, I'm surprised Rodgers hasn't developed more bad habits than he has.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Stevetarded
14 years ago
Rodgers wasn't just sacked 6 times. The Buc's registered 12 hits on him.
blank
Scottish_Packer
14 years ago

Rodgers wasn't just sacked 6 times. The Buc's registered 12 hits on him.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

crazy, the worrying thing is that he's clearly suffering now (sore feet, sore hip). McCarthy and Thompson simply don't know what to do about it. So what now? Wait till he's on the IR? Put Flynn in and grin and bear the rest of the season...... pathetic.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago
He's young and doesn't know how to win yet. Sorry, here goes another comparison.

Yes, he has great stats but what about crunch time? What about when a team is gaining momentum and we need to stop it. We need to answer back. I just don't see him coming up big when needed. He will be one of the best in the league in a couple years but he's not there yet. Manning, Brady, Favre, Brees, Big Ben and about 2 or 3 others have that "it factor" to where they will almost always drive the team down the field when it counts the most. Just give the guy 2 stud o-lineman and let him get comfortable back there and this offense will be top 3 every year. How could he possibly get comfy in the pocket when half the time he has to run for his life. You end up watching the rush instead of going through your progressions. It's fucking simple, fix the fucking o-line.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (50m) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (7h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.