Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Wolf never had a losing season and only one .500 season. For whatever thats worth to answer your question.

I think we started out 9 - 7 three times in a row then hit 11 - 5?
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
So let me get this straight... the entire purpose of the article is to criticize Murphy opening his mouth more than the previous president, but he doesn't even research how much Harlan spoke up when he was the active president? :facepalm:
UserPostedImage
Scottish_Packer
14 years ago

Im fairly confident that the Packers coaches are cynical about these comments.

LOL, and what if they are. Your boss says he's not happy you either do something about it or move on.

the way to create bad blood in an organization is to say something that makes no sense when you have no idea what youre saying

I don't think Murphy said anything that was beyond just using his eyes. The teams not great at the moment, nuff said.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
Exactly, the team has plenty of shit they need to work on. All of this crap about what Murphy said or what Mike McCarthy said or didn't say during the press conference seems COMPLETELY irrelevant to me.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Yup.....put the spotlight on Murphy. That will accomplish WHAT?
I'm GLAD he spoke up, and is not happy with where we are. SOMEONE had to say it!
UserPostedImage
macbob
14 years ago

Word is starting to trickle out that the executive board is now dipping their hands in to the football pool side..In years past they NEVER did...

Like say who to cut and who to keep...Who to hire to defend the Packers...

Non meddling board = Packers winning

Board that wants to meddle = Packers losing?

"longtimefan" wrote:

Packers losing? = Board that wants to meddle

Which came first, chicken or the egg?

In any event, I pretty much agree with Lombardi.
UserPostedImage
macbob
14 years ago

Harlan took over The Packers in 1991, The Packer organization as a whole was not a "winner".

Harlans job, IMHO, was to build a winning organization where there had not been on for over 2 decades.

He hired Ron Wolf, and Wolf did his thing and(making a long story short) The Packer organization turned into a winner once again.

My point is Harlan's situation was completely different, he didn't have to be vocal, because the team was succesful.

Murphy's tenure hasn't been one of winning and for him to say he is not happy, IMHO is not a problem.

Someone has to hold these guys accountable for their failures, if Murphy doesn't, then he just might be the guy that gets the axe if this year turns out bad.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

In my opinion, he should be having these discussions with Ted, not the media. Ted should be having discussions with MM.
UserPostedImage
WhiskeySam
14 years ago

Harlan took over The Packers in 1991, The Packer organization as a whole was not a "winner".

Harlans job, IMHO, was to build a winning organization where there had not been on for over 2 decades.

He hired Ron Wolf, and Wolf did his thing and(making a long story short) The Packer organization turned into a winner once again.

My point is Harlan's situation was completely different, he didn't have to be vocal, because the team was succesful.

Murphy's tenure hasn't been one of winning and for him to say he is not happy, IMHO is not a problem.

Someone has to hold these guys accountable for their failures, if Murphy doesn't, then he just might be the guy that gets the axe if this year turns out bad.

"macbob" wrote:

In my opinion, he should be having these discussions with Ted, not the media. Ted should be having discussions with Mike McCarthy.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

They may have already had these discussions internally, and Murphy's comments could then be viewed as a sop to fans to let them know this isn't acceptable.
Nemo me impune lacessit
macbob
14 years ago

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

In my opinion, he should be having these discussions with Ted, not the media. Ted should be having discussions with Mike McCarthy.

"macbob" wrote:

They may have already had these discussions internally, and Murphy's comments could then be viewed as a sop to fans to let them know this isn't acceptable.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I don't doubt you're right, I just think that should be coming from MM, not the other M. M. (no, not mini me)... :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago
Wow really? People are complaining about what Murphy said? He didn't even say anything...

Look I'll dissect his comments.

"Obviously the loss to the Vikings at home (Nov. 1) was an emotional loss," he said. "It was, I think, disappointing for our fans, and the loss yesterday was disappointing. And it was for us. Everybody in the organization felt it.
He's saying the Vikings loss was emotional. Duh.

"I think we'll bounce back. I'm hopeful and expect that we'll make the changes that we need to end up having a successful season."
Now he's spreading optimism. What's wrong with that?

"The goal is we want to win games and championships," Murphy said. "Right now, we're not where we want to be. But I've been around the NFL long enough that a lot can happen in half a season. I've seen it both ways - teams that start out great and fade and teams that start out poorly and come on at the end."
Once again he points out the obvious ("we're not where we want to be") but still spreads optimism and faith in the team.

"The right thing is to wait and do a thorough evaluation at the end of the season."
This is the right thing to do. You can't fully evaluate a team halfway through the season, plenty of things can still happen.

"Really, in terms of my evaluation, I think part of the job is in terms of our coaches, do they make the adjustments and changes that are needed throughout the year to make the team successful at the end," Murphy said. "That's part of the process. To have the full season to evaluate it, it makes sense. There's no question we're disappointed where we are, obviously coming off a very disappointing loss to Tampa."
He points out the obvious again. Of course a coach has to make the right adjustments mid-season to keep a team on track.

"I think we have a great structure in place and it has worked."
Once again he shares optimism and faith in the team.

"The fans are extremely passionate," Murphy said. "I think there's a sense of disappointment where the team is. Hopefully, we can make the changes we need to get the team going in the other direction and challenging and getting a playoff spot."
Here he's sympathizing with the fans. What good leader doesn't do this? He understands the fans are upset so he breaks the silence to say that everyone in the organization is also disappointed but there's no reason to give up yet.

I love the fact that he spoke. First off it takes pressure of McCarthy and Thompson who are terrible at press conferences. Secondly it shows that Murphy actually cares about: A) The fans 😎 The direction of the team and C) The structure of the team. And lastly he never said anything that puts anyone in the dog house or under the bus. He didn't call out anyone or place any blame. All he did was reassure the fans and the team that he wants us to win and that's our goal. How can you seriously get mad at him for saying these things?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.