all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

The 6-2 (Going into the game) Dallas Cowboys were totally out coached today. It was brutal how bad they were out coached.

"dhazer" wrote:

Our team outplayed the Cowgirls but i can't go with the out coaching them after Mike McCarthy tried challenging 3 times lol. That kind of ruins that theory in my mind lol.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

That's one silly mental lapse, but give credit where credit is due.

I think it says a lot that the PLAYERS presented Mike McCarthy with the game ball. All those (including me) wondering the character of our coach, we got a pretty good answer.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
It shocked me how many of our passes were behind the line of scrimmage and stuffed for loss, and McCarthy still persisted in calling runs on several 2nd-and-long and 3rd-and-long plays. So I certainly don't let him off the hook for his playcalling this game. I think he needs to shred his script and call the plays based on what's happening in the game.

Don't forget that our offense had only scored 3 points by halftime. That's scary.

Yes, we got the victory, but there are still a lot of sobering realities about this team that need to be faced.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Don't forget that our offense had only scored 3 points by halftime. That's scary.

Yes, we got the victory, but there are still a lot of sobering realities about this team that need to be faced.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

NSD, I really like to read your posts/opinions... but for tonight let's party like we're 8-1.

Its been a long time since the Packers beat a quality opponent they were supposed to lose to.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Good point. First victory against a winning team in many games.

I just know how often we see emotional roller coasters on this board, and I wouldn't be surprised to see blowouts predicted next week. I think we can celebrate the victory without losing sight of our realism too.

I'll shut up for now.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

so why he acted all peeved after the decision went against him is beyond me. I couldn't tell if he was ticked at the officials or at Nelson himself for not stretching before his knee went down.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Don't show emotion, get faulted.
Show emotion, get faulted.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I'm not criticising him. I'm puzzled by his reaction. He acted as though he really thought the officials might give him that call. That's why I assumed his reaction was directed more against Jordy Nelson than the officials.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I just know how often we see emotional roller coasters on this board, and I wouldn't be surprised to see blowouts predicted next week. I think we can celebrate the victory without losing sight of our realism too.

"nostradamus" wrote:

Freaking eh, why do people have to do this try and predict the flow of the board stuff? It's so annoying. I say, shut up with the freaking predictions and wait to see what happens.

Please, just let happen what happens, everyone.

---- separate note ----

We won, for only the 5th time of the year, lets enjoy it within reason. It was one game, and we beat a team who I said, when we win (yes all week i said we'd win this game) that I wouldn't be that impressed because the Cowboys do NOT impress me. They haven't beat hardly anyone worth a lick.

Packers game, dominated and left the Cowboys hurt, physically and SCOREBOARD!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Oh and as for the 3rd challenge attempt. I'm glad he did it. He stopped the Cowboys momentum. Not saying that was his goal, or intent, but its what happened.
UserPostedImage
evad04
14 years ago

Rodgers is the best quarterback in the league on third down, though admittedly his numbers are inflated by the fact our offense finds itself in so many goddamn thirds and long.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The constant 3rd and longs make Rodgers' performance MORE impressive. Third and long situations are NOT conducive to statistical greatness. Everything that goes into the QB rating statistic is more likely to be mitigated by a must-pass scenario on 3rd down.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
evad04
14 years ago

Oh and as for the 3rd challenge attempt. I'm glad he did it. He stopped the Cowboys momentum. Not saying that was his goal, or intent, but its what happened.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

LOL, I'm with you. Beyond it just being funny, there's really no discussion warranted here. This wasn't really a game changing situation. Now, if they had some penalty for calling a challenge when you don't have one -- like with timeouts -- THEN it'd be worth it.

On a different note one of the interesting things from the [dreaded] McCarthy presser was his talk about the stuff Rodgers had on his plate this week. Essentially he said there were a number of schematic changes they made, alluding most to protection changes. He said there wasn't a lot of time to get the reps in for the new changes and thusly Rodgers was on a lot of pressure with all the new stuff. It is nice to see they're making adjustments.

In regards to the playcalling, it just seems like there's no way for McCarthy to win. First off, the critical lens being applied to him is zoomed in pretty damn close. When we have presnap penalties that bring us to 2nd and long situations, there were a number of times where we had a snap-throw type play (BTW, I plan on substantiating this claim with numbers -- I DVR'd the game and I wanna try to go back in and break it down). The thing is, the quick pass isn't necessarily a panacea. It may help reduce the sack count but yardage wise it wasn't any more successful than some of the draw plays. The point I'm trying to make is there WERE a number of short, quick passes called. The draws may annoy people but hell, they are positive yards and they keep the clock moving. If McCarthy calls an attacking play on 2nd and 16 then he gets yelled at for not throwing it short. When he throws it short no one says a thing. When he runs a draw people claim it's a waste of a play. Seems like a no-win situation.

I thought the playcalling -- particularly early in the 4th quarter -- was a big part of establishing a rhythm. Rodgers and the receivers were excellent in some crucial 3rd down situations to boot.

No special teams gaffes this week. Huge boost there. You really can't minimize the importance of those big returns (and blocked punt) in the last few contests. Game changers.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.