Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Web Page Name 

[img_r]http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/44/1612/tramonwilliams2.jpg[/img_r]This week, its nickel cornerback Tramon Williams, who talks about breaking into the NFL after bouncing around from tryout to tryout; shopping on Michigan Avenue in Chicago; married life; and much, much more.

You have to believe. I never felt that I was a long shot at all. At all. Yeah, people would say things. 'Tramon Williams?' 'Who?' 'This guy's a long shot.' They really don't know much about you. But you come in and make plays that get everybody's attention, and then, it's just there.

Its been a long road. But I wouldnt change a thing.

As soon as I got released from Houston (in 2006), I came here. It was the first workout I came to. That was that first week (of September). Then I went to Atlanta. Jacksonville. ... Where else did I go? ... Carolina. Philly. Chicago. Pittsburgh. It definitely got frustrating. But I was just thankful for the workouts.

I drive a Cadillac Escalade. Ive had it for about two years. That was the first thing I bought once I made it in the NFL. Before that, I drove an old, used Jeep Cherokee. It had about 85,000 miles on it. I upgraded.

My favorite TV show is Martin. I was in high school when it was on. Ive got all the DVDs at home. Its still funny to me. I love the Jamie Foxx Show, too. They havent come out with DVDs for that yet.

Ive got just about everything on my iPod. Whatever you need. It depends on the situation. When I come in here on game day, I might feel like listening to a little gospel, to get me in the spirit. Or if Im feeling different, I may listen to some rap. It just depends. I listen to everything.

The first job I ever had was working in a supermarket, 16 years old. Bagging and stocking shelves.

Growing up, my favorite team was the New Orleans Saints. Never went to a game, but they came on every week on TV, so we watched em. It wasnt a big thing in our family, but I made sure I watched. I aint never thought when I was younger that Id be playing in the NFL one day. I said it, but as I got older, I didnt really say it. But I did say it. Im going to play football.

I dont do much reading. The Bible, thats it. I dont really do too much reading. Ill start reading something else, but Ill never finish. But I read the Bible everyday. At night, before I go to sleep.

I've always been a confident guy. I mean, I always have to work myself up, from college on up. Walked on in college, had to work myself up there, came in here, and it was never a problem for me to always work myself. I've always been a hard worker and I always had to confidence, I always felt like I was the best, I just always had to show it, it felt like. That's been the major factor right there.

Fans dont know how much I put into this game. They can see from the outside, but they never know what you go through inside. They dont know what Ive been through.

Ive got a Facebook account, but Im not on it too much. I dont have the other stuff.

Everything valuable I have is at my moms house. Like the football from my touchdown return against Carolina (in 2007). Shes got that. I dont have any of that stuff.

My favorite moment as a Packer was when I made the team. They gave me a shot a legitimate shot and I made it. That was it. I still remember the Family Night Scrimmage that year. Im not going to say I knew I was on my way that night, but I felt like I caused some confusion. (Laughs.)

Away from football, I like to play PlayStation and play basketball. Im a pretty good basketball player. I had a couple scholarship offers for basketball. But football was too strong. I actually liked football and basketball about the same in high school. But when I looked at it, I felt I had a better shot at football. Were not allowed to play basketball during the season, but in the offseason, I definitely play a little bit. Ive got to. Its a good workout.

I wish I was better at baseball. Im not saying Im bad at it, but my daddy was a baseball player maybe Im a natural. Ive played in a few celebrity softball games. Again, Im not saying Im bad. I just wish Id have played it more.

If I was the NFL commissioner, Id reimburse the guys their fine money. (Laughs.) Thats funny, right? Seriously, though, Id look at the situations where you get fined a lot different. Its hard as a defensive player. You go out there and you hit a guy, and you get fined. Call it on both sides of the ball. I know the defense is going to get fined the most we do most of the contact but the offense does some stuff, too. And they dont get fined. Ive only gotten fined once $5,000, for a facemask I felt wasnt that bad.

My favorite NFL city to visit is Chicago. I can say that, hands-down. Roll down Michigan Avenue, and theyve got every store we want to see out there. We seem to always play down there around Christmastime, so its the perfect time of the year. You get there, you shop for your family a little bit, its great. I wish we had some of those stores in Green Bay though.

My family is doing fine. We never really struggled like some families we always did all right. I never had to go through the struggles that you talk about with some guys in the league, where they were homeless and things like that. I never had to deal with anything like that. I was pretty blessed.

Compared to when I was a rookie, Im a lot more experienced. Experience does a lot for you. I was one who believed that experience didnt matter in this game. Until I got out there. Thats when I knew I was wrong. It just enables you to be so much more comfortable out there.

My closest friend on the team is my dawg Nicholas Collins. But Im close will all the DBs Al, Wood, Pat Lee, everybody. Im closest with Nick though. Hes got all those kids at home. I just got married, Im thinking about having kids, so who better to learn from than a guy whos been through it? Im not sure I want to babysit though. I mean, Ive got to work in the morning. (Laughs.)

I just got married in June (to Shantrell). The best thing about being married is coming home to a warm, home-cooked meal. Thats the best thing about it. That, and having somebody to keep you warm at night. Green Bays cold, you know.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.