nerdmann
14 years ago

Rodgers made a "tight throw into a small window" 50 yards down the field against TB and everyone said it was bad.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

There's a difference between "throwing a guy open" and jamming it into quadruple coverage. On that play in Tampa, I think that's on Jennings. There were 4 guys around him, but it seemed like Jennings had some room. The ball went off his hands.
On that third down pass to Lee, man, that's not throwing someone open. Throwing someone open means you lead them to the open spot with the ball. On that play, Rodgers just jammed it in there. Fortunately the play was completed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago

Makes you wonder, if the Bears CBs had been tighter on Jennings against the Bears, would that have made for a better completion by Rodgers? Would he then have made that throw that "we're all waiting for" for the comeback?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

If the defense doesn't repeatedly implode against the run last year and Mason Crosby makes those kicks, does Rodgers get a reputation as the "comeback kid?"
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
14 years ago
I think Bedard is grasping at straws a little here.. I think he is looking for Rodgers defining drive or something to ping back to later on.

What do I mean.. I will use an example of past days.

For Brett Favre.. for me, the defining moment when I knew Brett was for real was the TD drive against the Falcons years ago.. that was my moment.

But I agree, it is nonsense to judge a player upon one failure or success.. it takes a number of them to string that logic together.. is this the start.. we shall see.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
14 years ago
That was a great drive by Rodgers, especially those two throws that Bedard highlighted. I'm glad he wrote about it. I think it deserved its own article. And I agree with Bedard that it could prove to be an important drive in Rodgers' career. Time will tell, but that's the way things happen sometimes.
blank
Grabacr
14 years ago
It just worries me that yes he has room to grow. But i can see an injury on the horizon with the offense the way it is. He will be an elite Qb someday, im thinking give things another year after this season then GB will be so much the better with Arod with 50starts or so. As for the drive it was mighty impressive as i remember how he was in 4th quarter situations last season where he did panic. So that improvement has been vast. I look forward to next season, get some Oline and watch Green Bay challenege for the NFC North
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

This is a dumb article. It's a backhanded compliment at best, full of qualifications and "maybes." If the Packers lose this week against the 49ers, the columnists -- ahem, reporters -- will all be back to their snide remarks again.

As I said before the season began, rank bandwagon jumpers, all of 'em.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That was an outstanding drive. I watched it twice now and both times I was just amazed by the poised Rodgers had.

I don't disagree of course that the reporters will jump ship if GB loses to San Francisco, but the Packers have something to build off of on offense and they now have something on tape to rally around Rodgers on. Before the Dallas game, Green Bay didn't have that.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I agree that the drive was outstanding. I couldn't sit down the entire drive, I was so excited.

I'm just saying that this article is pointless. If it takes one drive for Rodgers to have arrived, it will take one or two incompletions for him to need room for improvement. I don't think this articles are edited at all.
UserPostedImage
packfan4
14 years ago
Does anybody else get the feeling that this team is just ready to take off? Going into the Dallas game we had 3 of our next 4 games at home, with the one away game being at Detroit. I think this team is going to go on a serious run to the playoffs, and it's going to be led by the Defense. The Giants started out 4-4 in 2007, went 6-2 down the stretch, finished 10-6 and ended up beating one of the greatest teams of all-time in the Super Bowl as a wild card. I think this team has the potential to make the same kind of run, i've said it right after the 2nd Vikings loss that this wasn't the last time we would play the Vikings this year. I believe very much in fate and I think Rodgers & co. are going to have the last laugh, i'll just leave it at that.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I don't think this articles are edited at all.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The things you complain about just blow my mind. Especially when you have an error in your own complaint!

Anyhow, moving along from the complaining about an article being edited or not. The drive was very solid. I don't know if I'd say it was a coming of age drive for our Quarterback, unless he continues that moxie.

It should be noted that when the schedule came out, this 49ers game Sunday was circled by Aaron Rodgers. I'm going to try and pay particular attention to his mechanics during this game. If I remember.

Edit, since I failed to state my point thoroughly. If Rodgers throws 3 interceptions this week, the drive was nothing but an aberration. If Rodgers throws 3 touchdowns, its more likely its a stretch of games that our quarterback is coming of age. Just my thoughts.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I'm not getting paid for my writing. These guys make their living with this stuff.

I couldn't care less if they write opinion pieces, which is what these all are. I often spend more time in opinion sections than I do in news sections. The problem I have is that they write virtually no news pieces. The sports pages these days are essentially blogs. Even when they seem like they're being factual, there's always at least a little bit of interpretation -- spin -- thrown in there somewhere.

Sometimes I just want the facts so I can interpret them how I please. But I guess the facts don't get ratings these days. If I want to read a blog, I'll go to a blog. The editorial standards that apply to blog writing are so low that I don't really think bloggers merit salaries. It's not nearly as hard to whip out a blog entry as it is to write a solid journalistic article. (Obviously, if they own the sites that's a totally different matter.)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.